Congrats to Corn Elder

UM2020

THE GOLDEN ROAD
On winning his 6th State Championship. 3 rings in football and 3 rings in basketball.

What a great late signing. He will be down for the spring game, I believe.

Advertisement
**** that is unreal. being a winner is special and the attitude is contagious. great great pickup. we might not have got the pub on signing day bc of these late pickups but Elder makes this a **** good class.

One great thing about Corn... He accomplished all that and it looks like he's never touched a weight in his life. He should add 20 pounds of good weight with zero loss of agility very quickly.

Would like to see him in the slot and try him out as a Tayvon Austin type.

Advertisement
I think he will likely red-shirt this year and report to the basketball team around the winter. He will get some burn on the basketball team (backing up Sugar Shane) and miss some of the spring football season. After the basketball season he will make a decision and commit to one sport.

I think he will likely red-shirt this year and report to the basketball team around the winter. He will get some burn on the basketball team (backing up Sugar Shane) and miss some of the spring football season. After the basketball season he will make a decision and commit to one sport.

If he wants to take a crack at big $, it seems chances are greater in football for him.

If he wants to take a crack at big $, it seems chances are greater in football for him.

He can play both if the coaches agree to his role but i agree in football he can be like Harvin and Austin with a big future

Advertisement

I don't know. I never saw him play so I don't know. I know there is more opportunity at that PG spot for Miami Basketball then the Slot/RB for our Football team. He can be the understudy next year on the BBall team. I think he redshirts for the football team (depth in front of him and needs to put on some weight) so he may stick with basketball because he can play more right away. Just my 2 cents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idDLBTqGXBo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3u2wvkYAX34

Last edited:
Outside of Duke nothing is set in stone as far as our RB's are concerned. I think this kid is going to be too good not to use this year in some capacity. I could see returns as well as a third down back in the cards for Elder as the season progresses and he learns the playbook.

as much as i want shane to stay another year his stock his high and i could see him leaving.

as much as i want shane to stay another year his stock his high and i could see him leaving.

I doubt he leaves.

Advertisement
Would like to see him in the slot and try him out as a Tayvon Austin type.

I came across some Tavon Austin high school highlights randomly the other day and my first thought was that it reminded me of Elder.

Advertisement
Hey, love Shane's game, but he needs another year to physically mature and hone his skills. Not a lot of margin for error when you're a 5-11 point guard.

Ensworth dominates. Pretty sure Corn had 40 points in the championship game too.

Corn is going to bring a different thing we need in a slot WR and a scat back great add love him reminds me of percy harvin more than anything

Advertisement
Back