Congrats Burgess Owens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Just FYI, he won the Republican nomination and he is running against a Democrat incumbent.

We will let him know for you that it doesn't count as a real accomplishment....:rolleyes:
This dude said in my thread about Owens last week, which was locked btw, that running for congress is no big deal. Its just a resume builder. Hes a clown with bad jokes.

No offense to you and your studies. It was a direct comment to the provost..
None taken man. The indoctrination is real and I know highly educated ppl that very good at what they do but outside of that they seem like lost puppies.

There is a Thomas Sowell book called Intellectuals in Society. He writes about how just because your educated in a very specialized field you arrogantly presume you know about other fields.

Its like a dentist trying to install air conditioners. You might be the **** in your field that doesnt mean you can install central air in my house eventhough you might think so bc you have a Masters degree.

Advertisement
None taken man. The indoctrination is real and I know highly educated ppl that very good at what they do but outside of that they seem like lost puppies.

There is a Thomas Sowell book called Intellectuals in Society. He writes about how just because your educated in a very specialized field you arrogantly presume you know about other fields.

Its like a dentist trying to install air conditioners. You might be the **** in your field that doesnt mean you can install central air in my house eventhough you might think so bc you have a Masters degree.
I Totally agree. Thanks for the heads up on the book.

Yep. And he’s a Mormon. The congressional district was previously that represented by Mia Love, of African or Caribbean descent. She lost the seat two years ago to the Democrat who will be challenged by Burgess. I believe the district now leans blue so Burgess has his work cut out for him.

Cook Partisan Political Index still has it R+13 which means it leans Republican. Mia Love only lost by 700 votes out of 270,000. The Hispanic population has reportedly been increasing—it’s now 16.45%. Blacks are only 1.6% of the district. It’s overwhelmingly urban and encompasses much of Salt Lake City.
The district went for Trump over Clinton by 7 points. It actually leans Republican. Problem for Owen's is the Democrat is a solid moderate candidate, who beat the wish washy Love by 600 votes.

Good luck Mr. Owens (who is anything but wishy washy)

Advertisement
Congrats to him for being a cane but anybody who heaps praise on donald trump can miss trying to act like some moral compass for society. There are some great republicans and democrats but donald trump is a despicable human being. I dont care if a person is conservative or liberal to each its own but sucking up to the trumpster dumpster tells me all I need to know about a person.

Why not a fan bro?
His take was stupid in article about Kaep not deserving a spot in league.
He didnt appear to give any ***** about the actual rationale behind kneeling.
Candace Owen vibe to him.

Advertisement
Congrats to him for being a cane but anybody who heaps praise on donald trump can miss trying to act like some moral compass for society. There are some great republicans and democrats but donald trump is a despicable human being. I dont care if a person is conservative or liberal to each its own but sucking up to the trumpster dumpster tells me all I need to know about a person.

Hey mods... any chance political posts can just be removed to avoid the downward spiral of most threads lately?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back