Congrats Burgess Owens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Their politics sharply diverge from mine at the moment. But I love both Burgess and Tuberville as Cane alumni.

It’s a Democratic incumbent, but it’s Mia Love’s old seat and he won by less than 1,000 votes iirc. It’s a toss-up is my guess, if not R lean. Congratulations on him winning the primary but I won’t be rooting for him in November.

Then your no real Cane. ;)

Oh, and no...I didn't vote for Donna Shalala...so I'm a ******* hypocrite, and I admit it.

Advertisement
Then your no real Cane. ;)

Oh, and no...I didn't vote for Donna Shalala...so I'm a ******* hypocrite, and I admit it.
I’m just itching to correct your grammar … but I really don’t care; just like I don’t care who votes for/against Shalala or Owens. But, I still don’t want him to win.

But, if it helps: I rooted for Ty Willingham when he was at Stanford and rooted against him when he got hired away from Stanford.

Yep. And he’s a Mormon. The congressional district was previously that represented by Mia Love, of African or Caribbean descent. She lost the seat two years ago to the Democrat who will be challenged by Burgess. I believe the district now leans blue so Burgess has his work cut out for him.

Cook Partisan Political Index still has it R+13 which means it leans Republican. Mia Love only lost by 700 votes out of 270,000. The Hispanic population has reportedly been increasing—it’s now 16.45%. Blacks are only 1.6% of the district. It’s overwhelmingly urban and encompasses much of Salt Lake City.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yep.

Burgess Owens knows about success… receiving College All-American honors and a degree in Biology/Chemistry at the University of Miami, a NFL Super Bowl victory, a career in corporate sales, as an entrepreneur and raising six wonderful children. His discovery during the arduous journey is that “Success is a lifelong process of enlightenment…..one followed by another. It is NOT a destination”. He believes that at the core of true success and happiness is a personal commitment to honesty…. in both word & deed….. and a love of service to God, family, community and our great nation of opportunity and second chances.

Yep.

Burgess Owens knows about success… receiving College All-American honors and a degree in Biology/Chemistry at the University of Miami, a NFL Super Bowl victory, a career in corporate sales, as an entrepreneur and raising six wonderful children. His discovery during the arduous journey is that “Success is a lifelong process of enlightenment…..one followed by another. It is NOT a destination”. He believes that at the core of true success and happiness is a personal commitment to honesty…. in both word & deed….. and a love of service to God, family, community and our great nation of opportunity and second chances.
🙄 not my kind of guy

Advertisement
Yep.

Not a group think type of brother.....

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back