Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

Jumbo would be an absolute dream come true and would have us in the top of 5 of recruiting every year! That would be unbelievable to land him abd I truly believe if there is anyone out there that we can realistically get and would land us number 6 it’s him.
Do you have $70m lying around?

Advertisement
You’re such a loser too. Live in the current world friend. Just fir a minute come into reality

You're attempting to talk to someone who has an extra chromosome, and is completely clueless about how things actually work, and struggles to understand even basic concepts. People like him believe just because MIA miraculously broke through the exclusive fraternity of cfb in a bygone era, it can win in any era, irrespective of how the landscape has changed over the yrs. So what they're essentially implying is, cfb today has the same level of parity as 40 yrs ago. But when you actually try to press them about MIA's Independent status or the Supreme Court issued ruling in NCAA v. Board of Regents of the University of Oklahoma, 468 U.S. 85, all you get is crickets.

These weirdos should be psychologically evaluated and thrown in a mental hospital. Their mentality is similar to a farmer insisting on the same crop yield, despite his land getting ravaged by desertification. Smh

Last edited:
7-5 and then after our yearly bowl loss in some dog$hit bowl the kids have no interest to play in, that’ll move the needle in year 3. Can’t go 7-6 with a 6 year QB and as much talent is on this team in year 3, well of course manure is fully cable of it and I believe will achieve it because he sucks. Are you in agreement with me Jedi that if he posts a 7-5/7-6 season in year three he and blake are gone?
I'm in agreement that he SHOULD be gone if he only wins 7 games. Whether he will go is another matter - you'd have to replace the AD that paid his $4m buy out (for a job he hadn't even moved into) too. Is the BOT willing to go through that much upheaval? I'd hope so, but they seem a pretty apathetic bunch.

I haven't read this entire thread but why is this even a surprise or an issue to anyone? This has been known for almost 40 years. I wasn't in South Florida in the 80's but I don't remember hearing that the football program broke the bank when they hired Howard, Jimmy or Dennis. And isn't part of the reason that Butch left because the University was low balling him on his contract?

I know the past isn't necessarily indicative of the future but we need good decisions being made in terms of coaching; breaking the bank isn't a requirement in my view unless you have a chance for the next Urban Meyer or Nick Saban.

Advertisement
Absolutely

Of all the badly conceived, ill thought out arguments....this one is the worst. Why on earth would you prioritize individual recruits ahead of the overall well being of the program? Sacrifice long term stabilization for some sort of POSSIBLE short term gain? Those "recruits" you are worried about could easily turn into another M. Pope, or an underachiever like Silvera.

I'm sorry, but I cannot get behind this *** backwards form of logic. You sacrifice EVERYTHING necessary to try and clean up the administration and turn us into a functional competitive football program.
Because that’s not helpful to the long term success. How many times have we done that? We’ve fired several coaches, had empty stadiums, flown planes. None of it works. All you can hope for is good recruiting classes that have a little success that brings in better classes.

Turns out setting everything on fire every three years doesn’t work

Because that’s not helpful to the long term success. How many times have we done that? We’ve fired several coaches, had empty stadiums, flown planes. None of it works. All you can hope for is good recruiting classes that have a little success that brings in better classes.

the variable to be changed is the AD

until that happens that’s all we can expect

The biggest joke in sports media is the unified campaign to ignore the primary driver for success: paying players. It’s such a farce.
You aint never lied. Not to mention like I asked before, what top coach wants to come here knowing he's going to constantly be under the ncaa microscope with them ready to pounce and levy the death penalty if he so much as sneezes wrong while watching known cheaters come into his backyard and buy off the top recruits every dam year while that same ncaa makes like Mr Magoo and prerends not to see a dam thing? Only to then have it rubbed in his face about how he can't recruit, how Miam aint winning and all the other **** our program gets thrown at it now? Who? I'll wait.

Last edited:
Advertisement

I couldn't possibly disagree more with every syllable you've typed here. So let's just say we'll agree to disagree to furthest extent possible between two humans.

the variable to be changed is the AD

until that happens that’s all we can expect
We’ve had several of those in the last 21 years. Y’all don’t get it. College football changed. This is who we are now. Lol Our days of winning came before the internet had recruiting databases on every player. So we could handpick South Florida guys without the big schools knowing who these guys were.

It is over.

Would he with the right AD? The entire premise of someone of Jimbo's caliber coming here would be predicated on a new AD and a commitment to success.
The A&M buyout clause alone on Jimbo’s contract would prevent the hiring of the kind of assistants that Fisher would need to succeed here, much less beat Bama or Clemson in a playoff environment.

This is a pipe dream.

A BOT that is half capable will start laying the groundwork now for bringing Mario back. A LOT of folks here understand that Mario has a limited upside, but his team would have been a lot more prepared than Diaz’s team was on Saturday, that’s for sure. Plus, he’s a politically acceptable hire to the politicians Downtown, which would appease the Cuban lobby.

If you’re not going to hire, say, the Pirate with a Wartime Consigliere at DC, then bring back Cristobal.

I hate quoting Barry but he drops quite the bomb. The bot and admin simply don't care.

2) Find a special coach who can lead this program from Top 15-to-25 caliber to something far greater.

I view that as unlikely.

UM’s Board of Trustees isn’t motivated to spend $10 million a year for an elite coach with championship pedigree. And even if the Hurricanes could land, say, a Jimbo Fisher, there’s no assurance he could make the Canes elite again.

The sense here is that the administration will stick with Manny Diaz - who’s in year three of a five-year deal - if he wins in the range of nine games a year and keeps UM generally in the top 25, regardless of whether the gap is closed with Alabama or not.

As one Board of Trustee member said, though some members have higher standards than simply being a borderline Top 20 program, president Julio Frenk isn’t a big sports fan and there’s little motivation internally to keep changing coaches until they find one to build UM back to top-five-in-the-country status.

Perhaps that view changes once a coach reaches the end of his contract; if Diaz goesn’t get an extension after year 3 or 4, that would be telling.

The Hurricanes simply aren’t going to spend the money on an Urban Meyer-type unless there’s a dramatic change in philosophy.

Its over boys.
2 degrees, and 50years of following Canes FB,
I was Done after they gave up the OB.
I only watch games now for the Comedic value.
Manure falling on his butt last year was priceless..

Advertisement
Because he hasn't broken 10 wins in 3 years at a school that expects results for that kind of money. He's 17-6 the last two years and Manny is 14-10. Is the extra 3 wins worth $6 million a year?

SEC and Texas are a completely different situation than other conferences.
Ridiculous comparison. A&M's schedules have been insane since he's been there and Manny's over here in the CoaRstal.

The A&M buyout clause alone on Jimbo’s contract would prevent the hiring of the kind of assistants that Fisher would need to succeed here, much less beat Bama or Clemson in a playoff environment.

This is a pipe dream.

A BOT that is half capable will start laying the groundwork now for bringing Mario back. A LOT of folks here understand that Mario has a limited upside, but his team would have been a lot more prepared than Diaz’s team was on Saturday, that’s for sure. Plus, he’s a politically acceptable hire to the politicians Downtown, which would appease the Cuban lobby.

If you’re not going to hire, say, the Pirate with a Wartime Consigliere at DC, then bring back Cristobal.
If Jimbo leaves on his own, there is no buyout.

Agree fully with the win 9 games thing JD. but what I’m saying is there is no way in **** Manny has the talent and no how to do that. The three Us are what manny is, Undisciplined, Unprepared and unmotivated. That’s who his teams are, there is no arguing that anymore. A whole offseason to prepare and the team looked exactly like they have the past two years. And I’m not even talking about his Mickey Mouse defensive scheme that any OC with pulse dissects and destroys. You either have it in this game or you don’t, and it’s clear to everyone and i guarantee even blake although he won’t admit it because his job is tied to it that it was a mistake and nothing but a matter of time now. Again, 7-5 at best this season with another bowl loss making it 7-6. Posters on here keep thinking we have some easy schedule this year and that’s not the case. Vtech, FSU big time improved, Mack/UNC owns manure, NC state possibly the second best team in Atlantic, and of course MsU who plays just like our cryptonite Wisconsin and lord knows we don’t have a chance in **** against those trench bully teams, especially with manures “no gap/edge control pretend defense” lol.
You’re absolutely right.

FSU showed fight and they pushed the Irish to the wall. I would favor them in any contest against this unmotivated, under strength Diaz team that got pushed around by Bama.

Va Tech and Sparty are nothing to sneeze at, either. Camping World Bowl, here we come!

Advertisement
We’ve had one 10 win season in 18 years and it took a soon to be hall of fame coach who wom the sec multiple times to do it with ever ball breaking our way. And you think Manure “mr undisciplined-unprepared-unmotivated” Diaz can do this 2 to 3 times consecutively? Lmao you might want to get on some meds because that schizophrenia or bipolar as you not living in reality my firend.
Manny won 9 last year and he should win 10 this year with the schedule.

In 2022 - Southern Miss, Texas A&M, Clemson (2 losses there) and 1 or 2 more out of conference games yet to be scheduled & same crappy ACC. So that is TBD.

In 2023 - Miami (OH), Temple, Texas A&M & no Clemson. Same crappy ACC so that’s TBD. It’s not impossible for Manny to reel off 3 straight 10 win seasons.

I didn’t say Manny was going to do it. It was said in the context as to what would need to happen for the program to start to come back so don’t get your panties in a bunch.

it is pulled from their Form 990 and is 100% correct. You can dislike it all you want but those are the facts.

What part of ND being a $100M program do you not understand? I want you to read the following very carefully & slowly, so you really understand what's being discussed.

👇

https://www.onefootdown.com/2020/5/...raw-jack-swarbrick-2018-2019-compensation-irs

"the federal disclosure doesn’t require the university to detail at least two sources of compensation for football coach Brian Kelly, which likely means he had the highest income of any coach during the year ending June 30, 2019.

The university reported it made payments to Kelly’s limited liability company, but were excluded because they’re not required as part of the IRS Form 990 disclosure. As in past years, the accountants also noted that Kelly “is permitted to receive compensation from external sources with prior written approval from the university.” Since the university is not a party to those agreements —- for example, between Kelly and Under Armour — and the coach doesn’t provide any services to the university because of those agreements, they don’t have to be included in this document."

But lets say for arguments sake what you're insinuating is correct, that Brian Kelly is one of the lowest paid HCs in CFB, and MIA can easily find someone of his caliber too, if it only tried harder. It's easier to swallow being underpaid at a $100M program that annually competes for the CFB playoffs, than it is at a middling ACC program struggling to stay afloat. Do you understand?

Last edited:

This is a pipe dream.

I think the next UM coach will be either Mario or Lane Kiffin. If Blake is fired or reassigned and Alonzo hired to oversee football, Mario will be new coach. Blake tenure intrinsically linked to Manny. I like Manny and he is very smart, job just too big for someone who never ran a program. I think Mario is a good comp with Butch, great great recruiters, who need to hire really exceptional staffs to be successful on both sides of ball. At the end of the day, recruiting is the name of game though, and Mario or Kiffin check those boxes.

Advertisement
Back