Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

Lucky for us there is no way that fool is winning 9 games with his dog**** coaching and unprepared teams. Msu, unc, vtech, NC state and with the way FSU played the other night them too. That’s 6-6 I’m year ******* three for that bum!
You say that, but 9 wins would be enough for the powers that be to say he's showing improvement. A 6 win season would get him replaced, and in the end, he's not the problem. We need a strong AD and we need the BOT to understand that and get their pride out of the way.

Advertisement
I think we need NFL Guy that can really develop these players and evaluate some of these recruits that we bring in. As much as we don’t like Golden he could evaluate NFL talent he had a good eye

You say that, but 9 wins would be enough for the powers that be to say he's showing improvement. A 6 win season would get him replaced, and in the end, he's not the problem. We need a strong AD and we need the BOT to understand that and get their pride out of the way.
Agree fully with the win 9 games thing JD. but what I’m saying is there is no way in **** Manny has the talent and no how to do that. The three Us are what manny is, Undisciplined, Unprepared and unmotivated. That’s who his teams are, there is no arguing that anymore. A whole offseason to prepare and the team looked exactly like they have the past two years. And I’m not even talking about his Mickey Mouse defensive scheme that any OC with pulse dissects and destroys. You either have it in this game or you don’t, and it’s clear to everyone and i guarantee even blake although he won’t admit it because his job is tied to it that it was a mistake and nothing but a matter of time now. Again, 7-5 at best this season with another bowl loss making it 7-6. Posters on here keep thinking we have some easy schedule this year and that’s not the case. Vtech, FSU big time improved, Mack/UNC owns manure, NC state possibly the second best team in Atlantic, and of course MsU who plays just like our cryptonite Wisconsin and lord knows we don’t have a chance in **** against those trench bully teams, especially with manures “no gap/edge control pretend defense” lol.

unless you get saban or Urban Meyer, no one is guaranteed to win big.

I agree and we are not going to get those type of guys, nor do we need to. I do think we need a better AD to identify talented coaches. They are out there and other programs seem to be able to identify those guys. Why can't we?

Advertisement
Jumbo would be an absolute dream come true and would have us in the top of 5 of recruiting every year! That would be unbelievable to land him abd I truly believe if there is anyone out there that we can realistically get and would land us number 6 it’s him.
His buyout is more than Sabans...seriously...

The guy that hired JJ and the guy that hired Butch were two different people. The guy that hired Butch and the guy that hired Coker and Shannon were the same guy. Frankly, Dee got lucky with Butch, everyone else turned down the job. Then again, I think Lubick would have been a **** good hire.
He, Dee, let the players pick Coker. That was my statement. I did think that he left after Coker. He definitely lost his fastball. The crazy thing is that this isnt brain surgery. Diaz was headed to Temple. We didnt need an unproven Temple coach. We also dont need 10 million. The AD job has been the true cluster F. We need a talent evaluating AD. I dont know what James is good at. But picking your best coordinator is like picking a relative. Not the best person for the job.

i do still hold out hope thay selling NIL possibilities will sway more talent to Miami. Great talent masks lots of problems.

I hate quoting Barry but he drops quite the bomb. The bot and admin simply don't care.

2) Find a special coach who can lead this program from Top 15-to-25 caliber to something far greater.

I view that as unlikely.

UM’s Board of Trustees isn’t motivated to spend $10 million a year for an elite coach with championship pedigree. And even if the Hurricanes could land, say, a Jimbo Fisher, there’s no assurance he could make the Canes elite again.

The sense here is that the administration will stick with Manny Diaz - who’s in year three of a five-year deal - if he wins in the range of nine games a year and keeps UM generally in the top 25, regardless of whether the gap is closed with Alabama or not.

As one Board of Trustee member said, though some members have higher standards than simply being a borderline Top 20 program, president Julio Frenk isn’t a big sports fan and there’s little motivation internally to keep changing coaches until they find one to build UM back to top-five-in-the-country status.

Perhaps that view changes once a coach reaches the end of his contract; if Diaz goesn’t get an extension after year 3 or 4, that would be telling.

The Hurricanes simply aren’t going to spend the money on an Urban Meyer-type unless there’s a dramatic change in philosophy.

Its over boys.
There's a lot to unpack here along with a bunch of misunderstanding. Barry often speaks in hyperbole, I see no difference here. First of all, as mentioned before nobody spends $10 million a year on a HC outside of four or five schools. Secondly I believe the reason Manny makes only 3.5 is because he is a first time head coach. As noted we paid more for Richt and I believe lashlee gets paid pretty handsomely as well. As @Cribby mentioned Frenk and the BOT don't need to "like sports" just get out of the way. Frenk is said to be on his way out anyway. See people say that our 80s dynasty and our early 2000s dynasty were "by accident" well that very well is true but doesn't the University owe it to the tradition that winning created to keep it going? @Cribby I'm very curious I've heard directly that a booster with Columbus ties to Mario reached out and offered to pay his buyout and salary. However, Blake swooped in and ruined everything. If true, regardless if anyone here is a Mario fan or not that's kind of encouraging that directly contradicts us "not trying to win." Also heard this ****ed off a lot of people & package deal rumor is true.

100%. How is a mid-size private school that draws 45K going to compete with Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, and Clemson who dump unlimited resources into their football program because they can?

Again, this all starts with the AD. After that you can spend money smartly which Miami has not done in forever. Think about this, we bought out Diaz from Temple with a 5 minute coaching search. We extended Richt but thank goodness Richt retired. We extended Golden for winning 9 games even after he flopped the last 4 games of that season. Geez, even in basketball, Jim should have been fired after this season.
We’ve had a series of bad decisions leading this program. No doubt. Even with the right coach tho we’re not going to compete with Alabama.

Advertisement
Imagine someone offering you to pay for stuff and you're like: Nah, I am good.

Stupid idiots.
And on top of tHat going with the option where you had to pay another 4 million just to hire the bum that’s still in the building! Blake James is public enemy number one here and there is no denying that. It needs to be every um fans mission to make things so toxic fir him that he’s ran out of town tarred and feathered.

i feel like im the most pro Manny person on this board lmao :ROFLMAO: ( with the help of richt ) manny has significantly elevated our program from where it was prior, from cruiting to on field. getting blown out sucks but the gap between a 5 star ATH and a 4 star ATH is pretty large.

i feel like im the most pro Manny person on this board lmao :ROFLMAO: ( with the help of richt ) manny has significantly elevated our program from where it was prior, from cruiting to on field. getting blown out sucks but the gap between a 5 star ATH and a 4 star ATH is pretty large.
people attack lashlee too. he had some great designs, king doesn't know how to play position and he didnt recruit of older OL

Advertisement
I hate quoting Barry but he drops quite the bomb. The bot and admin simply don't care.

2) Find a special coach who can lead this program from Top 15-to-25 caliber to something far greater.

I view that as unlikely.

UM’s Board of Trustees isn’t motivated to spend $10 million a year for an elite coach with championship pedigree. And even if the Hurricanes could land, say, a Jimbo Fisher, there’s no assurance he could make the Canes elite again.

The sense here is that the administration will stick with Manny Diaz - who’s in year three of a five-year deal - if he wins in the range of nine games a year and keeps UM generally in the top 25, regardless of whether the gap is closed with Alabama or not.

As one Board of Trustee member said, though some members have higher standards than simply being a borderline Top 20 program, president Julio Frenk isn’t a big sports fan and there’s little motivation internally to keep changing coaches until they find one to build UM back to top-five-in-the-country status.

Perhaps that view changes once a coach reaches the end of his contract; if Diaz goesn’t get an extension after year 3 or 4, that would be telling.

The Hurricanes simply aren’t going to spend the money on an Urban Meyer-type unless there’s a dramatic change in philosophy.

Its over boys.
The BOT should look at a Head coach salary as an investment, not an expense

I'd be willing to bet it's a lot more likely with Jimbo than any of the other names thrown around like Mario or Lane.
Didn't Jimbo leave FSU due to their lack of commitment to improving facilities and football budget? He would face the same problems here.

Didn't Jimbo leave FSU due to their lack of commitment to improving facilities and football budget? He would face the same problems here.
Would he with the right AD? The entire premise of someone of Jimbo's caliber coming here would be predicated on a new AD and a commitment to success.

Advertisement
They aren't really paying for three staffs though. Richt left without a buyout, and most of his assistants were on short term deals. Golden's stuff should be coming off the books soon, if it hasn't already, same with Shannon. Let's be honest: Richt tried to do us a solid and Blake James failed miserably. Miami doesn't have to pay 6 million per year to be competent. Most of us just want a watchable, compelling product. The adults in the room realizes that unless the NCAA starts enforcing the rules or creates parity by legislation, it's borderline impossible for Miami to consistently compete with the elites. That said, Miami can be competent, can be what Notre Dame is right now. Bill Clark, Willie Fritz, any competent, detail orientated coach could produce that. Miami hired Manny Diaz instead. That's why a lot of us were ****ed when he was announced. We knew that Blake James had managed to botch the hiring process.
I’ve been as big a hater as anyone here the last decade but I think I’ve come to realize that everybody in today’s cfb deals with the same shlt we do. Everybody except bama and the couple other elites. Everybody has bad losses. Everybody looses to bama. Everybody’s coach sucks from time to time.

Blake could have and shouid have done better than manny. If he had, we might have scored a few more points… but that’s about it.

Would he with the right AD? The entire premise of someone of Jimbo's caliber coming here would be predicated on a new AD and a commitment to success.
See this is where I think fans get this wrong, because of the way Manny was hired, Blake is on the hottest of hot seats

Prepare to become a mime then cause we been working on an extension. Y'all been told the second he was hired EXACTLY what the board just confirmed for y'all. This is what we are now. They just care enough to show a farce to the world that were competent...
Yeah it’s not a surprise to me. It’s our way.

Im not involved in college Athletics but it’s still hard for me to consider I would give my employees an extension before they’ve shown me they can do they job. But it’s several coaches in a row we do that so why expect anything different I guess

I’ve been as big a hater as anyone here the last decade but I think I’ve come to realize that everybody in today’s cfb deals with the same shlt we do. Everybody except bama and the couple other elites. Everybody has bad losses. Everybody looses to bama. Everybody’s coach sucks from time to time.

Blake could have and shouid have done better than manny. If he had, we might have scored a few more points… but that’s about it.
the next 11 games will tell us more about Manny than the bama game

Advertisement
Back