Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

L-O-L

Umm, how many coaches r paid $10m/yr?? Lol.

So let me get this str8,

Our AD was approved to spend $7m to retain a guy who’s never coached a day in his life, but they are uncomfortable paying $10m for an elite HC?

Furthermore, as stated, u don’t need to spend $10m; u can get an ACC Championship Caliber coach between the $4 - $5m range.

Didn’t even realize that Diaz was awarded a 5 yr contract. Bro, should’ve been given a 4 yr deal like Shannon.

Are we sure his daddy’s relationship w/ a couple of key BOT members ain’t influencing this?

$8-10M a year for 5 years is $40-50M

$4M a year for 5 years with a one time payment to Temple of $4M (allegedly) is $24M

What part of the apples to oranges discussion that is going on are you not getting?

Advertisement
Depends on the order of events. If by "act" it includes Blake getting canned and a competent AD being brought in, then the dominoes might actually start falling in the right direction.
They might get lucky, but they very likely won’t. That ignores the fact that the top 5 schools operate at a different level, tbey we can’t compete with. Bama is paying more analysts than a HC… Miami can’t do that.

I think it’s pretty clear that fan interest isn’t dropping as much as you think. It’s been 20 years. Here we are.

20 years.

Nobody would know that except the decision makers at Miami who have access to the figures. Seems to me, though, that the stadium looks fuller when Miami is rolling

I posted in another thread that even if the CFP expansion was around for when we joined the ACC, we would’ve made the CFP in only 2 yrs (2004 & 2017).
I feel you. However improbable it may be the only way for anyone to jump into that elite 4-5 range. They would still be behind the top 2 but maybe separate from the rest a bit. We likely wouldn’t get there but I don’t see another possibility and as a fan I need the slim hope

I don’t believe that Julio Frenk has as much control over the football program as Barry “reports”

what the **** does it mean that Frenk “isn’t a sports fan”

follow the money… if the big time donors and Miami alum stop writing checks, I guarantee change will occur

unfortunately, Blake James and that Strawley hoe are in place

Advertisement
Dumbest thing out of a plethora of Dumb things you’ve ever said. Even though you’re a clear Mario hater there is absolutely no denying he has forgotten more football then manure will ever know, partly because he actually played this mans game unlike that lispy midget pu$$y! And one top of it all, Mario has won the pac 12 twice and is a Rose bowl champion! Get back to me when Manure duplicates that sporto? Smh

Just this Saturday Mario's team was on the verge of losing to an atrocious Fresno State team, actually trailing with 5 minutes left in the game.

Last season Mario's team lost to a winless Oregon State and Cal team with one win (against winless Oregon State) in back to back weeks.

You are either blind or willfully ignorant if you can't see thats troubling, at best. Backing into the title game doesnt change that.

$8-10M a year for 5 years is $40-50M

$4M a year for 5 years with a one time payment to Temple of $4M (allegedly) is $24M

What part of the apples to oranges discussion that is going on are you not getting?

Ummm, what part of the discussion r u not understanding? Did I say chit about paying a coach 8-10m? Keep up. I actually said U DON’T NEED TO PAY THAT TYPE OF MONEY.

Well, Bama‘s President claims the success of the football program brought in $600M+ in donations to the University as a whole. I’ll take his word for it.

And yes, spending a fortune does not guarantee success. Michigan hasn’t won big with Harbaugh. TAMU hasn’t shown ROI on paying Jimbo $75M, at least not yet. This shouldn’t mean spend as little as possible.
I was just considering football revenue not donations.

im curious how many of those $600m they’d have gotten anyway. Alabama has always had boosters.

They might get lucky, but they very likely won’t. That ignores the fact that the top 5 schools operate at a different level, tbey we can’t compete with. Bama is paying more analysts than a HC… Miami can’t do that.

That's not our path to success. Facilities will NEVER be a UM selling point.

And yes, you're 100% right. The only way this gets turned around is if we get lucky. So I for one and rooting for luck to finally go our way.

Advertisement
If Diaz gets an extension….I….don’t have the words
Prepare to become a mime then cause we been working on an extension. Y'all been told the second he was hired EXACTLY what the board just confirmed for y'all. This is what we are now. They just care enough to show a farce to the world that were competent...

Dumbest thing out of a plethora of Dumb things you’ve ever said. Even though you’re a clear Mario hater there is absolutely no denying he has forgotten more football then manure will ever know, partly because he actually played this mans game unlike that lispy midget pu$$y! And one top of it all, Mario has won the pac 12 twice and is a Rose bowl champion! Get back to me when Manure duplicates that sporto? Smh
The HC is only only piece of the puzzle. The other pieces are just as important. You’re asking Miami to make a $30+ million per year investment… that’s not feasible .

That's not our path to success. Facilities will NEVER be a UM selling point.

And yes, you're 100% right. The only way this gets turned around is if we get lucky. So I for one and rooting for luck to finally go our way.
How many Staffs can this admin buy out at the same time? Doesn’t it make more sense to hold tight until they can invest max money into ONE staff?

Advertisement
Lmao you haven’t watched a single Oregon game if that’s your take
I’ve watched a few, not all. **** lot more physical and looks the part unlike us, that’s for sure.

I GUARANTEE we’d be in a lot better place now if Flake didn’t do what he did. Mario was the hire but the rest is history.

Now, WHEN Flake and Mandy gets the boot, I expect them, and it’s a lot I know, to do their due dilligence instead of Highsmith and Mario being the first thought.

Just curious who the **** you think Miami could hire that would be can’t miss? And also wondering why, if it’s so easy to spot a program changing coach, all but a few programs in the last 20 years have failed to do so? Weird, right? You don’t know. Nobody does.
Exactly why all those clamoring for former coaches and players or ridiculous suggestions like Meyer (pre-NFL hiring) are trying to purchase their past.

The Next Great Coach fails more often than not.

I think Matt Campbell is a good coach, but making Iowa State highly competitive in the Big 12, upsetting OU a few times is one thing. Returning Miami to elite status is a whole other animal. Maybe he would be a NC-type coach, given elite talent he doesn’t get in Ames. Or the job could be too big for him and we’re still an underachieving program.

Since his extension, I don’t believe his salary has been disclosed, but could be wrong.

Ur right; his new contract extension #’s haven’t been released. I was looking at his salary last yr before the extension. Good looking. Regardless, the fact a successful coach was making less than Diaz is still mind boggling.

Advertisement
I was just considering football revenue not donations.

im curious how many of those $600m they’d have gotten anyway. Alabama has always had boosters.
I wouldnt know, but recall he was referring to general donations to the University, claiming the visibility of the football programs success were key to bringing in the money.

Nobody would know that except the decision makers at Miami who have access to the figures. Seems to me, though, that the stadium looks fuller when Miami is rolling
Unfortunately the ticket sales is the least important revenue stream. If ticket sales mattered things might be different .

Lmao you haven’t watched a single Oregon game if that’s your take
Mario has **** near more wins in one year ( 12) than Manny has as a HC in two years. He‘s also won his conference and played in multiple big bowls. You’re poo poo’ing one guy with a far better resume than the guy you’re constantly defending. Which explains my earlier response. Even though I’m not blaming manny for any of this, just saying.

Me? Personally? All I can do is root for bedlam and chaos. Just because I cross paths with some of these people doesn't mean I have a shred of control over what they do. I'm simply relaying in this thread the TYPE of people we're talking about here. Some of the morons on this site have absolutely no clue what's been going on there for the last 2 decades.

Root for chaos and hope Blake is thrown at the altar. The ONLY hope is that the BOT hires a competent AD and then gets the **** out of his/her way and let's them clean house and build it the right way.

That is ALL there is to root for right now.
This is it and everything right here! Like Jedi said due to our reactive instead proactive admin, this is the o my thing they understand. Empty stadiums, no donations and toxicity like golden 2015. Anything other then that and tHe’ll stay status quo losers just like the AD and head coach they hired. So if you truly care about this football team and want to see it returned to a top ten program contending for titles, then don’t show up and hang up on the donation beggars and fly some banners and trash this admin on every piece of media available to you because it’s what they deserve. They made there bed and we have the power to make them lay in it. Anyone you supports this program after what Barry said I’m his article is notHing but an enabler or on here known as a slurper.

Advertisement
Back