Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

I remember when “savages” like Fuente, Herman (and Strong before him), and Frost were going to take over the college football world. Nobody has a ******* clue how any of these coaches will do at a school where the roster isn’t replenished every year with nfl prospects.

Advertisement
Lou Saban was the head coach of the Buffalo Bills before taking the Miami job. Then he pushed a ****** kid in to a fountain or some **** and got fired.

We hired Schelly, who was the OC for the undefeated super bowl champ Dolphins, and before that was OC at Alabama under Bear Bryant.

Yeah…we used to try
Do you think we could get Blake James to push a ****** kid in a fountain?

I'm confused why this is a bad thing.

If Diaz wins 9-10 games and has us in the Top 20 isn't that continual improvement? Some of you seem to want a quantum leap just because we have a U on the side of our helmets.
It’s because manure doesn’t have the talent or know how to actually do that! I mean have you watched the same undisciplined, unmotivated and unprepared teams he’s fielded the last 3 years? Including the one this past Saturday? What I’m gods name makes anyone think that loser who never even played football can consistently win us 9/10 games a year? Lol you got a better chance at gambling your way to a winning streak so big that you broke the bank at Bellagio in Vegas before that happens. We have had one ten win season in our 18 years in the acc and that was by a future hall a game coach that has won the sec multiple times. And some people on here actually think Manure can do this? Lmao good luck with that!

I Don't believe none of these insider takes. Its game one and they were never gonna make a change now. My only thing is Don't give Diaz an extension unless he wins double digits and a bowl game, and the Coastal. Btw, i Don't care about none of this we don't have money for big names crap. We could have Lane Kiffin, Hugh Freeze, Art Briles, Mike Leech and plenty other coaches who know what they are doing at power 5 level that are also not gonna break the bank.

Advertisement
So what’s the ******* plan?

You really think the inept, incompetent, apathetic administration at Miami has "a plan"? It's sit back and hope he doesn't absolutely implode and force them to act. That's the plan. All of the Don Bailey Jr ****** superfan morons always criticize those of us that root for losses, but it's for a reason. These people won't act unless bedlam ensues.

Nope, that’s only been a symptom for years. It’s far bigger.
I’ve asked this question before Crib but you never answer. So I’ll ask again, what will it take to cure the sickness that is this football program?

I remember when “savages” like Fuente, Herman (and Strong before him), and Frost were going to take over the college football world. Nobody has a ******* clue how any of these coaches will do at a school where the roster isn’t replenished every year with nfl prospects.
💯. Schools fail at this repeatedly — Texas. USC. Us. etc.

Advertisement
Fine and good. But then don’t come to me, hat in hand, asking for donations.

I’m not interested in “top 25” and 9 wins.

And I’m sure a lot of others feel the same
The funny thing is 9 wins is a dream for this admin and mannys absolute ceiling! If they are depending on manure for annual 9 win seasons then the punk @ss BOt is in for a rude awaking. Smh

You really think the inept, incompetent, apathetic administration at Miami has "a plan"? It's sit back and hope he doesn't absolutely implode and force them to act. That's the plan. All of the Don Bailey Jr ****** superfan morons always criticize those of us that root for losses, but it's for a reason. These people won't act unless bedlam ensues.
I get all that. I’ve read these chapters of your book. What’s your plan for this to work? It seems close yet really far away.

This is what the Miami admin does not understand. Miami with an elite football program would bring in $$$MMM of dollars to the University.

I‘ve always thought the past public image of Miami, from the 80s through the FIU brawl, scares the BOT. They believe the two are connected, and Miami cannot be a. great team with being THUG U. I could be wrong, that was a long time ago.
No. Miami investing in the football program MIGHT become elite. And if it does, it MIGHT run in the black.

They understand. They aren’t willing to risk that kind of money. Ellte programs don’t bring in hundreds of millions btw

Advertisement

You hit it on the head... some of us have been at their throats for over 18 years now... I am exhausted by their appalling ineptitude and callousness...
Have given up...

Has Miami ever landed a BIG name coach? I could be wrong but I could've sworn Schelly (to an extent), Jimmy, Butch, Wandstedt, Tuberville, etc. all made their names here before moving on to larger pastures.

This false pretense that we have to have a big name guy is crazy. We just need good/great coaches to recruit and develop. The rest will take care of itself.

GO CANES!!!
Agree somewhat. A lot of posters want to hire a guru that guarantees a display case full of trophies, but he doesn‘t exist.

What Miami needs is proper funding of the football infrastructure (administrative and recruiting) as well as someone who can judge a quality HC. Yes, you look at record but there are no NC-winning HCs available. Unless you want Bob Stoops, Larry Coker, Les Miles, Gene Chizik, or wait for Ed Ogeron to be fired at LSU. No thanks.

Former AD Sam J. had an instinct for HCs. He thought Schelly could revive the program with his NFL credentials, he thought Jimmy Johnson was an innovator and ahead of the game, and the same for Dennis Erickson. Johnson wasn’t a big winner at Oklahoma State (.500). Erickson and his offense made a bad Washington State program competitive. Right on all three counts (Erickson’s recruiting deficiencies not withstanding).

This is a different era, though.

Hire a bright mind, someone with an attention to detail, whose teams play smart, tough, football. How had his team played when playing far better teams? Upsets are great, but were they flukes? A bad day by a better team? Or did he win by out-coaching his peer? How did his team play when playing inferior teams? Lazy, flat, down to the level of the opponent? Or usually play hard, dominate when expected?

Tom Herman, for example. Everyone called him a ‘savage’ after upsetting FSU and OU in his two years at Houston. People ignored bad losses in his second season, after the OU win. Focused only on the shiny bits, but not the dirt. Hired at Texas, fired. Couldn’t win big with all the support he could ask for. Did win a Sugar Bowl over UGA, but overall he tanked. Players disliked him, and mostly did not respect him. Lazy recruiter. *** personality, without inspiring respect.

Stop talking rationally? Never.

We've been down for 20 years. It would take a sensational coach - I literally couldn't tell you who - to reach the heights you guys want to get to with our resources.

You think if we brought in a dirty coach like Freeze the NCAA wouldn't be camped out in Coral Gables looking for any excuse to drop the hammer? C'mon now.
NCAA has no power anymore incase you’ve been living under a rock for the past 5 plus years. That BS excuse doesn’t work anymore. Oh and incase you forgot, we’re the ones that started the Nut clipping o. Them. Come up with a new excuse why we should keep bums like manure instead of hiring a winner like freeze?

Advertisement
I Don't believe none of these insider takes. Its game one and they were never gonna make a change now. My only thing is Don't give Diaz an extension unless he wins double digits and a bowl game, and the Coastal. Btw, i Don't care about none of this we don't have money for big names crap. We could have Lane Kiffin, Hugh Freeze, Art Briles, Mike Leech and plenty other coaches who know what they are doing at power 5 level that are also not gonna break the bank.
I'd definitely take Lane over Lipsy. At the very worst it would be entertaining and the offense would be elite and not this BS Asslee is selling us in big games.

I get all that. I’ve read these chapters of your book. What’s your plan for this to work? It seems close yet really far away.

Me? Personally? All I can do is root for bedlam and chaos. Just because I cross paths with some of these people doesn't mean I have a shred of control over what they do. I'm simply relaying in this thread the TYPE of people we're talking about here. Some of the morons on this site have absolutely no clue what's been going on there for the last 2 decades.

Root for chaos and hope Blake is thrown at the altar. The ONLY hope is that the BOT hires a competent AD and then gets the **** out of his/her way and let's them clean house and build it the right way.

That is ALL there is to root for right now.

Lou Saban was the head coach of the Buffalo Bills before taking the Miami job. Then he pushed a ****** kid in to a fountain or some **** and got fired.

We hired Schelly, who was the OC for the undefeated super bowl champ Dolphins, and before that was OC at Alabama under Bear Bryant.

Yeah…we used to try
They economics of college football is drastically different.

Advertisement
Back