Confirmed by Barry, the bot and admin do not care.

Advertisement
This may also come as a surprise, but Miami wasn't spending top dollar on coaches when we won 5 national championships. Texas and Ohio State both emptied their bank accounts on coaches and only have 3 titles* between the two of them since 1970. Michigan has paid Harbaugh more money than most coaches. They aren't close to winning a title. Money doesn't win titles. Good coaching does. Miami's main issue isn't that it doesn't spend enough on coaches, it's issue is that when we have an opening for a HC, we have an AD that doesnt interview a single candidate and then pays a G5 several million dollars to hire back our defensive coordinator to be HC. There is no reason we need to spend 10 million a year on a HC to win the ACC coastal. Let's start there. If the HC can't get over that hump and win the ACC in a few tries, then everyone is free to whine about not paying Bama money to win championships. In any case, UM hired a a coach that has never been a HC before. That means he's going to be learning on the job. I was ready to throw him overboard after the Bama game, but it goes back to what I just said, let's see how the season turns out. If Miami ends up winning 10 and the coastal, Diaz will have made the progress in year 3 I would hope to see from any coach in his first HC gig .

*one of those titles was #6 for UM.

Your argument fails to take into account the explosion in revenue that has occurred in CFB within the last 40 yrs, which is fueling an arms race. It's not difficult to understand how a small private university with 10k undergrads will always struggle to remain competitive in this landscape. We can highlight outliers until the cows come home, but in this sport theres a direct relationship between resource allocation & wins. This program has been a middle of the road ACC program for the last 20 yrs, because it has SPENT like one.

When you say, “recruit like an SEC team,” do you mean recruit like Bama, GA, and TAMU?
Our team is on the small side which is crazy. I think Kids like Mario but also fear him. He’s got a little crazy in him to keep kids on edge

Advertisement
Has Miami ever landed a BIG name coach? I could be wrong but I could've sworn Schelly (to an extent), Jimmy, Butch, Wandstedt, Tuberville, etc. all made their names here before moving on to larger pastures.

This false pretense that we have to have a big name guy is crazy. We just need good/great coaches to recruit and develop. The rest will take care of itself.

GO CANES!!!

Lou Saban was the head coach of the Buffalo Bills before taking the Miami job. Then he pushed a ****** kid in to a fountain or some **** and got fired.

We hired Schelly, who was the OC for the undefeated super bowl champ Dolphins, and before that was OC at Alabama under Bear Bryant.

Yeah…we used to try

Because he’s buying them.
I understand that, but things are more open now and he buys the right ones. Our dumbasses go for kids that Bama are after hard and try and outbid them, and even if we do they choose Bama because they also want to win

Advertisement
Every soul I talked to about the game last Saturday said the same thing. “Y’all need to step your recruiting up”

Advertisement
We’re recruiting at 10-12 range with a meh recruiter at hc. With Mario it’s 5-7 easily imo.
Not sure I’m sold that Mario is anything more than a really rich man's (Nike 💰) Manny…and if he is we’d be ****ed again

They are pieces of ****, they destroyed a historic program with one of the best runs of all time. Its over this is an SEC business now

I know some of those "Golden Canes" and for the most part they care, and are good people. The issue is they are older folk who are somewhat naive and trusting.....they basically eat up all the BS that Blake sells them every offseason and during every fundraising event. I've pleaded with these people to stop taking the bait but they are of the simpleminded naive type.

ONE of them.....is starting to turn into a **** raiser and I have not only noticed, but I constantly throw nitroglycerin on his fire in an attempt to get him riled up. We'll see. He told me yesterday right after the game he was "done" with Blake. I have no idea what that means. Maybe he'll stop donating (which trust me, would hurt them) or maybe he'll do the pu$$y thing and just write a "very strongly worded letter" that the BOT will ignore.

All I know is that ALL of us who interact with those folks and whose business dealings intersect with these decision makers need to do our part. I've risked losing some of these people as clients and haven't thought about it twice. The good thing is, they are NOW starting to realize I was right all this time and seem like they are starting to change their tune.

I have no idea. Let's see how this season unfolds. The very worst thing that can happen is we win 8-9 games and half of them decide to do nothing. We need absolute chaos and bedlam to reign. Unfortunately that's the only way these people will act.

Last edited:
Advertisement
A&M would match any Deal any other school offers. Only LSU would have a shot if money was equal
Yeah, but Fisher won’t win big at A&M like he could down here. Fisher is an arrogant SOB. He knows what’s at stake legacy wise. He would reel off 3 straight natties and 5 of 7.

Yeah, but Fisher won’t win big at A&M like he could down here. Fisher is an arrogant SOB. He knows what’s at stake legacy wise. He would reel off 3 straight natties and 5 of 7.
I don’t think Jimbo would have any interest coaching Miami. From money he’s getting paid to program funny money.

This is what the Miami admin does not understand. Miami with an elite football program would bring in $$$MMM of dollars to the University.

I‘ve always thought the past public image of Miami, from the 80s through the FIU brawl, scares the BOT. They believe the two are connected, and Miami cannot be a. great team with being THUG U. I could be wrong, that was a long time ago.
This school also thought hiring a Mexican government employee as president would increase applications and donations from South America.. you know, a different continent where the fastest growing country speaks a different language.

Advertisement
Back