Confident Malik Rosier

The history of our great teams was depth, we did not have it last year and ran out of gas...it appears this year we have depth and yes, depth at QB. One basic about QB's too is getting good timing with your receivers..with the injuries last year I'll give Rozier a break but based on the depth we have at QB...I hope MR will know when to make a change IF NECESSARY! If I remember right 3 freshmen played QB in the NC game...one his first real game.

Advertisement
I dont care whho the qb is, you dont luck into being involved in 31 touchdowns. And that mostly with him not going thru all his progressions. If he plays similar to how he did last year with no picks to a d-lineman, unless it's tipped and a lil more accuracy on his deep balls, we'll be rolling. He's the first qb to help beat Fsu since jacory harris, he's the best running b we've had since vinny testaverde. He's a good colllege qb who's proven himself on the big stage. Its no secret, braxton berrios said it along time ago, nobody was going to beat out rosier for that job. Those calling for perrh, let him grow up, his time will be here soon enuff but as it stands right now, him nor the other qb's are no Malik rosier, if any of them end up better than rosier, this offense is going to be High Powered.

This was right before the second Berrios td

Nope. It was on 3rd and long with 19 seconds left:
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Even tho it was understood why he benched rosier against pitt, rosier at that point had already earned the right to not get pulled based on the Fsu & GA-Tech wins along with 10 wins under his belt. Cause the defense wasnt necessarily on fire against pitt.

Keep in mind this fact, last year he was mainly throwing to unproven receivers, if richards is healthy, cager is healthy again and jeff thomas is more confident, it's about to be fun. If rosier plays with richardson the whole year, i got eclipsing the 1000yd receiving mark.

He has been dead to me since Pitt. It sucks that our starting qb is the least talented of the three.(left Weldon out) even coach admits it's the mental aspect of the game of why he is starting. To bad Kosi is taking so long to pick it up.
Neg away.

"He's been dead to me since Pitt"

God **** you need some perspective in life. A QB having a few bad games shouldn't cause this much of a meltdown. How on earth did you not kill yourself after Kirby Freeman vs NC St?

"He's been dead to me since Pitt"

God **** you need some perspective in life. A QB having a few bad games shouldn't cause this much of a meltdown. How on earth did you not kill yourself after Kirby Freeman vs NC St?

I feel the same. It wasn’t just a few bad games. The #1 ranking was on the line for the first time in ages. An undefeated season. Aligning ourselves for the playoffs and your QB who is your leader is just out there going through the motions and it was obvious. You have MR telling him flat out he expected more from him out of pure disappointment. Diaz is yelling at him trying to wake him up or get something out of him. He didn’t care period. I suspect if the redshirt rule for this year had been in effect last year, you would not have seen Rosier playing in a Cane uniform again unless he stayed this year as a backup. I’m not drinking the koolaid on this one. It’s easy to look good in practice. I will wait and see what happens after he is under fire and takes a shot from the D and if we have to suffer through slow starts that make games way closer than they should be again. I hope he plays lights out and proves me wrong but as of right now, I still maintain what I posted before spring. He would not be the starter on any other top P5 school period.

Last edited:
Rosier is the QB we’re rolling out September 2nd, Sunday night. If he’s improved as we’ve all heard then he should be able to get us the W, and in convincing fashion too. LSU doesn’t have the offense to keep up with our horses and honestly; we should win that game comfortably. That should give Rosier the confidence he needs going into the next 4 games after that where he can get us on top quickly, with enough time for the young guns to play. I say that if only to get them valuable playing time in live action - not to surplant Malik. If he’s improved like we have heard he should only be in for a half each game, then chatting with Coach Richt and chilling the 2nd half. He does those few things and all of college football will be rolling in fear of what Miami can do this season. We already know we have a top flight defense. Add a top flight offense to that and I think we can even take Clemson in the ACCCG. It’s just too difficult to beat a evenly balanced team. And if Malik is up to par for 2018, we will be just that - and there’s not a team in our path to stop us.

Advertisement
I wish I wouldn't have watched this. Only my head is left above Kool aid.

If you didn't watch any games last year and looked solely at numbers, and then watched that video, you would have to say something like "****, that's everything you want in a qb".

I watched the games though.

If he had won just one more game we would have been either undefeated(Pitt), or in the playoffs(Clemson), or OrangeBowl winner. That would have been dang close to everything you want. I admit that he owned me after the FSU game, but where would we have been without him last year? After all the underachievers of the last 15 years, it is really refreshing to have an overachiever.

Been saying it since January.

We are deep at RB, WR and we finally have TEs and FBs. We have many playmakers on offense and defense.

As long as we run the ball better, the OL improves and we do better in the RedZone compared to last season...
... Rosier will be okay and have us in playoff contention all season long.

Advertisement
What annoys me is the first time he throws a pick this board will be calling for his head.

He is QB1...gotta ride with him.

Advertisement
This is correct . Malik can be a 2nd team ALL ACC type player if he is consistent . Just don't make too many dumb plays . Every one makes them but don't make the 2nd and 3rd in the same half as that is what he did last season . he would let one bad throw lead to another to another ect. When he was hot he was great when he was not he was really not.

Hot take

Im not a huge Rosier guy(Ive been critical) but good grief, some of this heat he takes is a tad over-the-top. No, he'll never be Jim Kelly but he had his moments and as far as Im concerned his slate - like any other player - is clean coming into the season.

Yeah, I do believe players can evolve and get better if not completely change

There are enough horses around him to overcome some of his defiencies

Advertisement
Back