MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
The same Clemson who refuses to work in the transfer portal and whose NIL is vastly lacking....okay, look to those hillbillies for guidance on what to do.

Our admin incompetence isnt a reflection of our football INCOMPETENCE…

But their football INCOMPRTENCE is a reflection of their ADMIN INCOMPETENCE?

Should I assume we wont SUE because Cristobal didn’t KNEEL?

How is Marc from IT doing?

He blow an o-ring or pull a muscle?

Your last update had us worried about him.
He's fine, thanks for asking. He's doing keto again and claims to be down 20 pounds. I hope it keeps working for him. We're having a chili cook off at work next Friday for Memorial Day. He won last year and says his entry will be just as good this year without the masa he puts in it. We'll see.

Advertisement
Why didn’t Clemson do the SAME?

Also- then we will SUE too?
WHY do YOU randomly capitalize do you THINK it helps get MIAMI to the BIG 10? If so we all NEED to
Golden State Warriors Whatever GIF by Bleacher Report

A). Because they are aligned from the Clemson BOT, president and AD, that they want OUT of the ACC and b). Because they most likely have at least one, if not two, P2 invites back channeled. IF they "get out" because of some deal that is partially structured with MEDIA PARTNER involvement, their "deal" will not automatically apply to the other ACC schools and anybody who wants out might very well have to sue as well.

I know I'm the last person who should say ANYTHING about a longer post, but I just wanted to give some EXTRA kudos for this first paragraph. It's something that a lot of our fans haven't yet grasped.

On a surface level, it might seem like "we are all the same", we are just 15 ACC schools with equal rights and benefits.

But when it comes to GETTING THE **** OUT, there may be a fundamentally different set of numbers (fees, penalties, settlements, assistance) that impact SOME schools differently than others. The most obvious factor is that ANY school from the ACC that goes to the SEC might have an "easier pathway" because ESPN is just "transferring" one media property (a university) from the ACC left pocket to the SEC right pocket.

Which, again, may be different from what the Big 10/Fox/CBS/NBC/the-university-itself might have to arrange for to shift an ACC school into the Big 10.

And, as I've said all along, this is why you can't just "let F$U and Clemson sue on your behalf". We have no SOLID idea how many invitations the SEC will issue, and how many the Big 10 will issue. But we DO know that the treatment will not be the same.

So if we have ANY SHOT of getting the best possible deal FOR MIAMI, we need to file OUR OWN lawsuit, and not just leech off of others.

Because yesterday's price is not today's price. Or tomorrow's.

We have to look out for Miami, first and foremost. And that involves doing OUR OWN legal filings.

I know I'm the last person who should say ANYTHING about a longer post, but I just wanted to give some EXTRA kudos for this first paragraph. It's something that a lot of our fans haven't yet grasped.

On a surface level, it might seem like "we are all the same", we are just 15 ACC schools with equal rights and benefits.

But when it comes to GETTING THE **** OUT, there may be a fundamentally different set of numbers (fees, penalties, settlements, assistance) that impact SOME schools differently than others. The most obvious factor is that ANY school from the ACC that goes to the SEC might have an "easier pathway" because ESPN is just "transferring" one media property (a university) from the ACC left pocket to the SEC right pocket.

Which, again, may be different from what the Big 10/Fox/CBS/NBC/the-university-itself might have to arrange for to shift an ACC school into the Big 10.

And, as I've said all along, this is why you can't just "let F$U and Clemson sue on your behalf". We have no SOLID idea how many invitations the SEC will issue, and how many the Big 10 will issue. But we DO know that the treatment will not be the same.

So if we have ANY SHOT of getting the best possible deal FOR MIAMI, we need to file OUR OWN lawsuit, and not just leech off of others.

Because yesterday's price is not today's price. Or tomorrow's.

We have to look out for Miami, first and foremost. And that involves doing OUR OWN legal filings.
How Could You Betrayal GIF by Kinda Funny
Capitalize Grand Theft Auto GIF by Rockstar Games

I'm down with every smart poster on this thread. If I said something repetitive and/or similar to what someone else has said previously, I apologize.

I've fallen (a bit) behind lately, we just closed a big acquisition today (will be announced Monday) and I've been DEEP in the due diligence and negotiations.

Advertisement
I'm down with every smart poster on this thread. If I said something repetitive and/or similar to what someone else has said previously, I apologize.

I've fallen (a bit) behind lately, we just closed a big acquisition today (will be announced Monday) and I've been DEEP in the due diligence and negotiations.
I MEAN thE CApitlIZation RANdoM ness

Ahhh...

You KNOW...that with ME....it's NOT random...

It's very intentional...
I'M not saying we should kill him.
I'm NOT saying we should kill him.
I'm not SAYING we should kill him.
I'm not saying WE should kill him.
I'm not saying we SHOULD kill him.
I'm not saying we should KILL him.
I'm not saying we should kill HIM.

Advertisement
I did not distort any baseline. He said his belief is the decision is purely about money, not making the fans happy or perception [presumably meaning the perception of joining a weaker conference]. He says his “sources” would know if UM has an invitation to the P2. Then he says UM hasn’t made a decision and reiterates this will be about money.

You would have to be a special kind of stupid to not understand that he’s implying that Big 12 may be offering a competitive financial package and that he thinks UM doesn’t care if fans feel the Big 12 sucks- if it is offering more money, then Flo thinks UM will pick the Big 12. The only way I can explain how the Big 12 could offer more money is if the B1G isn’t offering full shares. If you have a problem with that, then write Flo and tell him you know more than him.

And as @TooColdToHold posted, now Josh Pate is hinting that the Big12 is looking to make a power move and will take a run at Miami. He said exactly what I said- the Big 12 commissioner is the best in the P5. Don’t underestimate him.

I tend to agree that 50% shares in the B1G are still better than full shares in the Big 12. But if the B1G offers less than 50% or the Big 12 somehow offers UM more than full shares , my super controversial opinion is that it’s a tougher choice. This playing out pretty much like I said it would weeks ago.

Macho Man Deal With It GIF
Flo also says it is his belief that none of this will matter in 5-6 years. The entire structure etc of college football will change. IF Miami ends up in the Big12 it’s only for a few years.

You didn’t answer my question… WHY didnt Clemson sit back and WATCH too?
I’ll take a guess on this. Maybe the number the ACC offered to Clemson wasn’t reasonable to Clemson and they felt like they were getting screwed with. Who knows?

I do however enjoy seeing UNC in turmoil.

Flo also says it is his belief that none of this will matter in 5-6 years. The entire structure etc of college football will change. IF Miami ends up in the Big12 it’s only for a few years.

Yup. But I have to warn you- don’t you dare do any critical thinking and consider whether full shares for five years in the Big 12 might be better than 3-4 years of 50% shares in the B1G when you end up in a combined megaconference either way 5 years from now. The assclowns won’t like it.

Advertisement
Yup. But I have to warn you- don’t you dare do any critical thinking and consider whether full shares for five years in the Big 12 might be better than 3-4 years of 50% shares in the B1G when you end up in a combined megaconference either way 5 years from now. The assclowns won’t like it.
Your nonsense of thinking your are a persecuted elite mind is getting a bit old. Christ take a break. You have a persecution complex? ****!!

Yeah, this would be a terrible bet to make. You go to a P2 now. You don’t wait. You certainly don’t go to a non-P2 conference for slightly more money with a full share vs a partial share with the hope that all of CFB will change and make realignment essentially moot.

I don’t believe admin would take that route. If thinking has changed though and they do, it would be a monumentally stupid decision.

Actually just don’t act like a little know it all *****, double down on being a *****, continue to bring up being a *****, make the thread about how much of a ***** you are being, and then be so out of touch that you start crying when people call you out for being a *****.

Just don’t do that. It has nothing to do with critical thinking.

Advertisement
Back