MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

If ESPN is ****ed off at both FSU and Clemson

I don't believe ESPN is "****ed off" at either fsu or Clemson.

What has ESPN done to this point to demonstrate it has the ACC's back in the two lawsuits?

There hasn't been one leak confirming the media rights deal option for 2027-2036 will indeed be extended by the Feb. 1, 2025 deadline.

Pete Thamel — who's pretty much Greg Sankey's mouthpiece at ESPN — said in December that the SEC would "play defense because they don't want the Big Ten to come into their region" and that the Top 4 expansion candidates were, in order, UNC, UVA, fsu and Clemson (and that was after fsu's whining about getting left out of the CFP).

If Sankey wants FSU and Clemson — and it sure appears he does — then ESPN will do whatever it takes to make their path to the SEC as simple as possible.

From July 2022 at the SEC football media days:

Sankey was asked if he had any interest in expanding beyond 16.

“We’re attentive, we’re engaged in conversation," said. "The great news for the Southeastern Conference is people call and say, 'Hey you’re doing something special.' They kind of hint around the edges. We’ll watch what happens around us. And be thoughtful, but be nimble.”

Advertisement
ACC ****ED

Looking forward to this thread being renamed the above in the very near future

@OrangeBowlMagic

Rubbing Hands GIF by Giphy QA

Advertisement
This guy seems to think Miami ends up in the SEC. Possibly because Miami hasn't burned or blown up the bridge with ESPN due to the lawsuits. Seems unlikely to me because of being such a better fit for the B1G. He is an FSU shill though so take with a grain of salt just like everything else.

Hilarious. Guy is a grade A hater. He’s the guy who will get this all wrong only to say in the end, “See, I told you so!”
Proud Classic Tv GIF by Sony Pictures Television

I don't believe ESPN is "****ed off" at either fsu or Clemson.

What has ESPN done to this point to demonstrate it has the ACC's back in the two lawsuits?

There hasn't been one leak confirming the media rights deal option for 2027-2036 will indeed be extended by the Feb. 1, 2025 deadline.

Pete Thamel — who's pretty much Greg Sankey's mouthpiece at ESPN — said in December that the SEC would "play defense because they don't want the Big Ten to come into their region" and that the Top 4 expansion candidates were, in order, UNC, UVA, fsu and Clemson (and that was after fsu's whining about getting left out of the CFP).

If Sankey wants FSU and Clemson — and it sure appears he does — then ESPN will do whatever it takes to make their path to the SEC as simple as possible.

From July 2022 at the SEC football media days:

Sankey was asked if he had any interest in expanding beyond 16.

“We’re attentive, we’re engaged in conversation," said. "The great news for the Southeastern Conference is people call and say, 'Hey you’re doing something special.

Frank and Cristobal are AWARE. I can assure you of that, my friend

Rad is a bum- should be leveraging his Clemson CONTACTS
The politically correct route often assists you in making the right move. FSU and Clemson are doing the dirty work, while we ride their shirt tails. Nothing wrong with it as long as you get an invite. It would be laughable if FSU and Clemson got the B1G invite, while Miami got the invite to the SEC they wanted all along because they burned the bridge. The Fl General Attorney may get ESPN may upset them by requesting them to provide their supposedly “secret” documents they don’t want to provide.

Apparently Florida now has the AG and judge ASSIGNED and in cahoots on this ESPN DEAL just now.

Things moving FAST. Ron throwing his weight behind F$U. ACC ****ED

The judge is going to be 100% in the tank for the AG's office. We have a former first DCA clerk who works for us and he told us that anything that came out of her courtroom was immediately sent up the chain for further review. Extremely state friendly judge and also a judge very willing to dare the DCA or supremes to overturn her.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He’s not wrong tho. Yall keep trying to **** on the dude cause he’s saying things you don’t wanna hear. But they’re not all wrong. FSU is OUT. Yall really think this is gonna drag out in courts for years? Get some help. It’s over. The ACC is dead. It was dead when I started this thread two years ago. It’s just as dead now. Who cares about FSU, when they’re getting out, trolling some twitter dude, etc.

WHEN IS MIAMI GETTING OUT??

Only thing we should be concerned about. Cause it’s over for this league and it’s been over. It’s P2 or die. Period.

He’s not wrong tho. Yall keep trying to **** on the dude cause he’s saying things you don’t wanna hear. But they’re not all wrong. FSU is OUT. Yall really think this is gonna drag out in courts for years? Get some help. It’s over. The ACC is dead. It was dead when I started this thread two years ago. It’s just as dead now. Who cares about FSU, when they’re getting out, trolling some twitter dude, etc.

Only thing we should be concerned about. Cause it’s over for this league and it’s been over. It’s P2 or die. Period.
Everything I read on all sites all point to similar results. EVENTUALLY ... not necessarily in the next realignment move ... Miami will be in the P2 along with a few other ACC programs and a couple from the B12. What is critical for Miami is to WIN in 2024 and follow that up with another excellent recruiting class. Now is the perfect time to become actually relevant again somewhere besides CIS and the Rivals board. Who knows, make it to the CFP and Miami might end up being a travel partner with FSU to the B10.

Everything I read on all sites all point to similar results. EVENTUALLY ... not necessarily in the next realignment move ... Miami will be in the P2 along with a few other ACC programs and a couple from the B12. What is critical for Miami is to WIN in 2024 and follow that up with another excellent recruiting class. Now is the perfect time to become actually relevant again somewhere besides CIS and the Rivals board. Who knows, make it to the CFP and Miami might end up being a travel partner with FSU to the B10.

Not wrong, but every year you’re in this flatlined **** heap league while fsu and uf are in the P2, you’re falling further behind. It has to happen soon. We have to have an exit strategy going right this minute.

Advertisement

Don't be scared baby.

First off, he needs to be **** on. He takes shots at Miami all the time just watch the video. Secondly, nobody is saying the ACC isn’t dead just that it won’t shake out like he’s saying. Thirdly, F FSU!

Advertisement
Back