MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
1. Not trolling
2. Big 12 is not going to locked out of playoffs. In a 14 team expanded playoff, the football crazy big 12 isn't going to be left out.
3. You should read what I wrote instead of just shaking with anger when you see someone hold a contrary opinion to yours. The main reason I think the Big 12 is currently the more viable option is that ESPN owns 60% of the media rights. The B1G is clearly a much better long term option, but the media rights deal is what it is. I'm not pinning all our hopes on fsu winning a lawsuit and outsourcing our destiny to the Seminoles. It looks like your plan is to cross your fingers and hope FSU wins it's case then maybe we can start the process of trying to find other teams that will vote to end the acc, and then hope to get a spot in the P2. That's a lot of hoping and not a lot of concrete action. Hope is not a course of action.

Big 12 has basically an identical GOR, but espn paid the conference to move Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC. That's something we can control. Espn is probably going to pay to move Clemson and FSU to the SEC. They aren't taking us along with them. We could try to get the same deal to go to the Big 12. I think that's better than staying in the ACC. Saying the big 12 is a better option than the acc is not trolling.
Wow, an informed poster around these parts. Didn't think there were many. Ya'll think we're the redheaded stepchild of the ACC and get treated as such? We would be the exact opposite in the Big 12.

1. Not trolling
2. Big 12 is not going to locked out of playoffs. In a 14 team expanded playoff, the football crazy big 12 isn't going to be left out.
3. You should read what I wrote instead of just shaking with anger when you see someone hold a contrary opinion to yours. The main reason I think the Big 12 is currently the more viable option is that ESPN owns 60% of the media rights. The B1G is clearly a much better long term option, but the media rights deal is what it is. I'm not pinning all our hopes on fsu winning a lawsuit and outsourcing our destiny to the Seminoles. It looks like your plan is to cross your fingers and hope FSU wins its case, then maybe we can start the process of trying to find other teams that will vote to end the acc, and then hope to get a spot in the P2. That's a lot of hoping and not a lot of concrete action. Hope is not a course of action.

Big 12 has basically an identical GOR, but espn paid the conference to move Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC. That's something we can control. Espn is probably going to pay to move Clemson and FSU to the SEC. They aren't taking us along with them. We could try to get the same deal to go to the Big 12. I think that's better than staying in the ACC. Saying the big 12 is a better option than the acc is not trolling.
What about recruiting?? How many elite top 200 type kids are going to want to play outside of the P2? Good luck with that.

As I said weeks after USC announced B10 (go back and read early posts in this thread), if you are outside of P2 you are irrelevant and an afterthought. There is no in plan B or other options.

1. Not trolling
3. You should read what I wrote instead of just shaking with anger when you see someone hold a contrary opinion to yours. The main reason I think the Big 12 is currently the more viable option is that ESPN owns 60% of the media rights. The B1G is clearly a much better long term option, but the media rights deal is what it is. I'm not pinning all our hopes on fsu winning a lawsuit and outsourcing our destiny to the Seminoles. It looks like your plan is to cross your fingers and hope FSU wins its case, then maybe we can start the process of trying to find other teams that will vote to end the acc, and then hope to get a spot in the P2. That's a lot of hoping and not a lot of concrete action. Hope is not a course of action.

Better than the ACC, yes. Better than being in the P2, no. Imagine convincing a 5 star recruit not to go to a P2 school so they can come here and play against Cincinnati and Kansas State.

What about recruiting?? How many elite top 200 type kids are going to want to play outside of the P2? Good luck with that.

As I said weeks after USC announced B10 (go back and read early posts in this thread), if you are outside of P2 you are irrelevant and an afterthought. There is no in plan B or other options.
I really don't believe that will be the case, especially if the path to the playoff is clearer

Advertisement
1. Not trolling

If ESPN is able to get FSU / Clemson to the SEC from a media rights point of view, fine, but they will still have to pay the ACC exit fee of $130M and no way Miami pays that fee to go to the B12. Makes no sense. Lot of smoke that ESPN is going to blow up the media deal with the ACC and the conference potentially with it. ESPN is more interested in BIG programming opportunities and is wasting money with big brands playing BC, Wake etc. Wouldn't be surprised to see them blow up the ACC, guide the major brands to the P2, then you basically have the B12 for filling in programming gaps. The ACC has outlived it's value.

...the ACC wins in court?
...FSU and Clemson end up with no invites?
...the 2024 schedules get cancelations?
...neither the Big or SEC want more teams?
...our recent history leaves us off anyone's desirable list? ( we have been insignificant for 20 plus years).

Personally I don't like what is happening to college football. Oklahoma and Nebraska started this fiasco and now butt hurt fsu is expanding it. I am happy with being in the ACC for all our sports. If you boil it down the bottom line is not the fan, not the students, but just about the MONEY! Face it, no matter if it is SEC or B1G we will be the smaller fish in a B1G pond (or SEC pond)!

200w.gif

...our recent history leaves us off anyone's desirable list? ( we have been insignificant for 20 plus years).

Personally I don't like what is happening to college football. Oklahoma and Nebraska started this fiasco and now butt hurt fsu is expanding it. I am happy with being in the ACC for all our sports. If you boil it down the bottom line is not the fan, not the students, but just about the MONEY! Face it, no matter if it is SEC or B1G we will be the smaller fish in a B1G pond (or SEC pond)!
Okay

Advertisement

1712936653403.png

Advertisement
Oh my GOD.

Would people get off this "road to the playoffs" bull**** already.

This is about money.

If there are 14 teams, and the Big 10 gets 5 or 6 and the SEC gets 5 or 6...AND THE BIG 12 ONLY GETS ONE...then the conference, as a whole, will be choked out like a female Asian **** star.

How many times has a 1-auto-bid mid-major won the NCAA basketball tournament? And how many units do they get, compared to a major conference?

Let's stop the premature *********ory fantasy about Miami winning the Big 12 and the national championship every year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back