MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Again, despite your wish and the obvious trolling, neither Miami or UNC is going to the Big 12.
Going to be some interesting decisions made. SEC very much wants UNC / UVA for locking up the region. ESPN might prefer the viewership bump from Clemson / FSU into the SEC. If FSU / Clemson end up in the SEC does that open the door for a Miami / UNC to the Big 10?

Advertisement
Going to be some interesting decisions made. SEC very much wants UNC / UVA for locking up the region. ESPN might prefer the viewership bump from Clemson / FSU into the SEC. If FSU / Clemson end up in the SEC does that open the door for a Miami / UNC to the Big 10?
I'm surprised the SEC sees UNC/UVA as a bigger prize than completely locking up Florida and risking allowing the B1G to infiltrate Florida.

If the B1G gets FSU AND UM, not only do they have 2 of the 3 premier programs in the state, they also own the biggest rivalry in the state. I'm surprised the SEC is willing to take that risk.

Because any "interest" in UVa by the P2 is overheated at best. They bring almost nothing to the table in any competitive way. The Big 10 alums are not big anywhere in VA except for the DC area. It's not a compelling road trip. The TV ratings are atrocious. The general interest in UVa in Virginia is atrocious.

The ONLY reason to take UVa is because the SEC desperately wants to reunite all 13 stars on the Confederate battle flag (that's a fact, no matter how many 22 year olds try to act like that stuff is all in the past). The Big 10 has already learned its lesson about adding "flagship schools with ****** TV ratings" when they added Maryland and Rutgers. Yes, UVa would be an excellent academic fit for the Big 10, while offering NOTHING on the athletics side.

And the SEC just has "a type". So they MIGHT take UVa.

If anyone in the P2 invites UVa, I guaran-*******-tee it will be for a half-share. A full-share would be economic insanity.
I would bet there are more VT fans than UVA fans in Virginia

I'm surprised the SEC sees UNC/UVA as a bigger prize than completely locking up Florida and risking allowing the B1G to infiltrate Florida.

If the B1G gets FSU AND UM, not only do they have 2 of the 3 premier programs in the state, they also own the biggest rivalry in the state. I'm surprised the SEC is willing to take that risk.
It is really an issue from the SEC perspective of consolidating the SEC region and NC is a populous and growing state. Believe they would automatically add the carriage fees for both states. Every comment I've heard is the SEC has "0" interest in Miami due to being a small private school etc. As far as the rivalry, the realignment is media partner driven. Even if FSU ends up in the SEC and Miami in the B10 I am sure the media programming guys would want to keep the rivalry scheduled OOC ... too big a TV draw to ignore.

Advertisement
If I might give it a try...

Porster 1: My good man, it appears some ruffians are about and trying to poach a team or two into their conferences.

Porster 2: Those souless cads! Well surely Miami is a much sought after prize and will most certainly be given an honored seat at the head table in a new home.

Porster 1: Perhaps yes, I'm hearing FSU will be pursuing their rights through barristers in a courts of law proceeding!

Porster 2: Hear! hear! It is about time those scoundrels at the ACC feel the cold steel of the dagger of justice plunged into their vile soft white underbelly!

Porster 1: I still feel good about Miami's invitation to the Grand Ball hosted by the BIG10, but perhaps their wandering eye seeks other paramours?

Porster 2: How dare you Sir! Miami is home to 5 National Championships, Butch DAW GAWD, an NFL Professional Stadium w/ super cool in-game DJ, surrounded by ELITE SoFL talent, and the world's LARGEST media/influencer market evah!

Porster 1: I'm not so sure about all of those, but I do see your point.

Porster 2: Look you soft *** Genetics-loving cuck, Miami is EVERYONE's #1 target!!

Porster 1: Hey man, I think I need you to calm down.

Poster 2: I'll ******* kill you and your entire village you **********.

Porster 3: Hey guys, Miami stinks, we are too small a school, our fans suck, no on-campus stadium, and we haven't won **** in the ACC...we just lost to RUTGERS!

Porster 1 + Porster 2: Shut your FSU-loving **** holster you beta mope!

...You get the idea...
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office
u kind sir, are a legend. That cracked me the **** up yet it was uncanny in its accuracy all at the same time.

I would bet there are more VT fans than UVA fans in Virginia
There most certainly are. As a UVA alum myself, I find it laughable that people consider the school to be a more valuable target for the BIG or even SEC than we are. For every metric people say we don’t do well in, they do ten times worse. The TV numbers are abysmal, very little fan support, and the school/donors don’t really care if they’re a highly competitive program or not. They’re fine with 6-6/7-5 year to year. The only thing they bring to the table is their region, but even then we beat them there. That’s why I find it so amusing that CFB talking heads have them going to the BIG, but somehow we’re not doing anything so the Big 12 it is. It’s all to drive clicks.

Advertisement
Again, despite your wish and the obvious trolling, neither Miami or UNC is going to the Big 12.

It's neither my wish nor am I trolling. I, like everyone else, am trying to figure out how this turns out for UM. Never claimed to be connected, I'm looking at all the puzzle pieces and coming up with a conclusion.

If you think that someone looking at the same set of facts as you and coming up with a different conclusion is trolling, you must be either be very young or very miserable.

For the people that say we’re never getting in the SEC because of UF

The issue with the SEC route isn’t just Florida. Yes, the don’t want us or FSU in the conference. The biggest issue is that it’s multiple schools. Alabama and UGA don’t want us in because it’ll bolster our recruiting. Texas doesn’t want us in because they’d rather we not get a foothold in the state. It boils down mostly to recruiting. Last I talked to someone I consider very in the know about the SEC, he said various teams did not want Miami. Perhaps there’s a scenario where ESPN could force them to take us, but the BIG is a much more likely landing spot.

Advertisement
I'm all for going to the Big 12 but that's just me
Yes let’s move to big12 and still be $50m plus a year behind sec and big 10 schools by 2030. Sounds like a good idea

Let me know what home conf games from that schedule will draw. I’ll wait. Can’t wait for that compelling road trip game to (please let colorado game be late season so can make it into a ski trip)

Yes let’s move to big12 and still be $50m plus a year behind sec and big 10 schools by 2030. Sounds like a good idea

Let me know what home conf games from that schedule will draw. I’ll wait. Can’t wait for that compelling road trip game to (please let colorado game be late season so can make it into a ski trip)
Well, Miami-UCF has a rivalry going back 16 years.

Advertisement

If we aren’t in the P2, just fold the program.

He has got to be trolling. Been trolling the entire thread.

No way in **** Miami permanently risks staying locked out of future playoff scenarios by going to the BIG 12.

1. Not trolling
2. Big 12 is not going to locked out of playoffs. In a 14 team expanded playoff, the football crazy big 12 isn't going to be left out.
3. You should read what I wrote instead of just shaking with anger when you see someone hold a contrary opinion to yours. The main reason I think the Big 12 is currently the more viable option is that ESPN owns 60% of the media rights. The B1G is clearly a much better long term option, but the media rights deal is what it is. I'm not pinning all our hopes on fsu winning a lawsuit and outsourcing our destiny to the Seminoles. It looks like your plan is to cross your fingers and hope FSU wins its case, then maybe we can start the process of trying to find other teams that will vote to end the acc, and then hope to get a spot in the P2. That's a lot of hoping and not a lot of concrete action. Hope is not a course of action.

Big 12 has basically an identical GOR, but espn paid the conference to move Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC. That's something we can control. Espn is probably going to pay to move Clemson and FSU to the SEC. They aren't taking us along with them. We could try to get the same deal to go to the Big 12. I think that's better than staying in the ACC. Saying the big 12 is a better option than the acc is not trolling.

Advertisement
Back