MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

In case anyone wants a reminder of GOR:
IMG_1468.jpeg

IMG_1469.jpeg

Advertisement
They are "making **** up" as they go along ... out of panic of pending collapse. The GOR documents we have all read clearly tie the initiation of the GOR TO the ESPN media agreement ... period. Now they are saying it basically has nothing to even do with ESPN ... all conference members simply .... FOR NO CONSIDERATION OF ANY KIND ..... agreed to give the ACC theire media rights until 2036. Not going to hold up ... in court.
Seems pretty clear GOR is all about ensuring schools meet their end of ESPN media deal specifically.

I have no idea what that means.

First, why should the ACC be able to "sell them" and "split the revenue"? This is just bizarre. The GOR was supposed to be a conduit, to pass along the broadcast rights to the broadcast partner. It was not supposed to create an ownership interest on the part of the ACC that they could then "sell" to another broacast partner, while they "split" the revenue with whoever's rights they just sold.

Second, WHAT "under the terms of the normal agreement"? Where does the GOR say that the ACC can buy and sell our various TV rights on their own initiative?

This makes no sense at all.

I’ve waited for this day for a looooooooonnnnggggg time, to watch and listen to the ACC try to argue the GOR and ACC bylaws combo

There is more fun to be had, but today was just the beginning of exposing the ACC and their North Carolina plantation mentality

At some point ESPN is gonna wise up, and offer a settlement before going down with the sinking ship that is the ACC

TL;DR for everyone. Well shorter lol.

- lot of fun listening to ACC get owned (as much fun a court session is without a murder trial to shock)
- FSU lawyer did a good job.
- that all said- there was almost no chance this case was getting dismissed in Florida like ACC wanted before the day started, and that's where we ended the day.

To me the interesting part is not around any of that per se- it was a peak into the judge's initial take on a lot of things that would make the ACC (and ESPN) realize they have an uphill battle in the state because of Florida state being a state entity and sunshine laws and could make them and ESPN more interested in the negotiated settlement we all would expect- but much faster perhaps. He also mentioned mediation a dozen times.

In terms of the weird comment the ACC lawyer said around GOR- one of two things happened there IMO @TheOriginalCane
- he made an outright mistake in the interpretation of the GOR and conference bylaws
- OR - the language in the ACC contract with ESPN that no one has seen but could be a smoking gun in fact says that ESPN doesn't get the media rights for a member institution if they withdraw from the league via exit fee or settlement, that FSU and Clemson statement that their as necessary rights to the ACC to negotiate a deal end if they leave the league.

IF the latter, and we don't know, then **** they did find an exit path most likely. Still have work to do in new hearing on 4/22 on discovery (like seeing the ESPN contract as an example) and others.

Few last notes- judge leaned to strongly leaned into the fact that the FSU BOT did not vote to accept the GOR or extension as might be required in Florida law in contrast to the NC court ruling, it came up that the ACC commish flew down at some meeting in the past and said it wouldn't be shown in state, and leaned into the original vote to sue fsu not being handled right- again in contrast to NC court.

There was also a mention that when FSU originally voted on things in 1991, a key NC law the ACC and judge cited (can't recall the name but it's around organizations in the state) didn't even come into existence until 2006 in NC and they are trying to take away the rights of a sovereign without their approval by using this "law".

He learned from FSU fans?!?! That's like learning how healthy crack is for the body and mind from Nino Brown.

Genetics needs to go ask this FSU friends about the plumbing at Doak.
He will find out whenever he visits the dump and needs to take a **** and finds out there’s only a hole where he thought a urinal would be..

Last edited:
Advertisement
TL;DR for everyone. Well shorter lol.

- lot of fun listening to ACC get owned (as much fun a court session is without a murder trial to shock)
- FSU lawyer did a good job.
- that all said- there was almost no chance this case was getting dismissed in Florida like ACC wanted before the day started, and that's where we ended the day.

To me the interesting part is not around any of that per se- it was a peak into the judge's initial take on a lot of things that would make the ACC (and ESPN) realize they have an uphill battle in the state because of Florida state being a state entity and sunshine laws and could make them and ESPN more interested in the negotiated settlement we all would expect- but much faster perhaps. He also mentioned mediation a dozen times.

In terms of the weird comment the ACC lawyer said around GOR- one of two things happened there IMO @TheOriginalCane
- he made an outright mistake in the interpretation of the GOR and conference bylaws
- OR - the language in the ACC contract with ESPN that no one has seen but could be a smoking gun in fact says that ESPN doesn't get the media rights for a member institution if they withdraw from the league via exit fee or settlement, that FSU and Clemson statement that their as necessary rights to the ACC to negotiate a deal end if they leave the league.

IF the latter, and we don't know, then **** they did find an exit path most likely. Still have work to do in new hearing on 4/22 on discovery (like seeing the ESPN contract as an example) and others.

Few last notes- judge leaned to strongly leaned into the fact that the FSU BOT did not vote to accept the GOR or extension as might be required in Florida law in contrast to the NC court ruling, it came up that the ACC commish flew down at some meeting in the past and said it wouldn't be shown in state, and leaned into the original vote to sue fsu not being handled right- again in contrast to NC court.

There was also a mention that when FSU originally voted on things in 1991, a key NC law the ACC and judge cited (can't recall the name but it's around organizations in the state) didn't even come into existence until 2006 in NC and they are trying to take away the rights of a sovereign without their approval by using this "law".

I'll be brief (this time)...

The ACC has raised some...interesting points...like how they "own" the media rights, and could just buy and sell them like chattel (and "share" the proceeds with F$U). I have not seen that in any ACC document (Constitution, By-Laws, GOR), and the ONLY way that might happen is if the end of the ESPN TV deal causes the rights to revert back to the ACC (until such time as they can negotiate the next TV deal with whoever). So, yeah...this "claim of ownership" that the ACC asserts...might be premature...if it's a "thing" at all...

And your point about the timing of the statutes (i.e., trying to use a 2006 NC law to destroy F$U's sovereign immunity, when F$U joined the ACC in 1991 before that law was ever enacted) is a **** good catch by the attorneys. Hadn't seen that in the pleadings previously.

I'd like to see how the NC courts handle two very relevant issues, which they seem to have "decided" (in the earlier motion to dismiss) incorrectly. Namely, the sovereign immunity issue and the forum-shopping issue.

Advertisement
Miami fans - WTF with the GOR!!!!! has anyone read it. ***** the acc either way! And espn! Get us out of here

Someone- here is the GOR!

Miami fans also- meh too much to read, only future of program at stake 😂

Yeah, those **** lengthy GORs.

The original was 3-4 pages. The extension was 1 page.

AAAHHHHH, reading!

Advertisement

He’s a ******* prick Nebraska ******* fan. I graduated high school in that **** state. All of their fans are *****. They have hated Miami since the first championship. Those ****ers would pull for satan against the U. Now I live in Tallahassee and those myopians are even worse than the ButtHuskers. No respect for Miami once Bobby was relieved of duty. **** F$U and all of their **** fans straight to ****.

Advertisement

Three things:
  1. We've been one of the fanbases that has consistently called him out and said he's full of ****. We don't **** ride him like FSU or give him the "respect" he thinks he deserves. The more he's drank their kool aid the more negative he's gotten on us.

2. Every other ACC school not named FSU did exactly what he's saying Miami did.

3. When we get into the P2 he's gonna completely flip his position and pretend like the developments were sudden. The guy's completely in the tank for FSU because half his tweets and fan engagement are from FSU people.

Three things:
  1. We've been one of the fanbases that has consistently called him out and said he's full of ****. We don't **** ride him like FSU or give him the "respect" he thinks he deserves. The more he's drank their kool aid the more negative he's gotten on us.

2. Every other ACC school not named FSU did exactly what he's saying Miami did.

3. When we get into the P2 he's gonna completely flip his position and pretend like the developments were sudden. The guy's completely in the tank for FSU because half his tweets and fan engagement are from FSU people.
Makes sense. They share the same ******* brain.

Waaah waaah, I grew up watching Miami WHIP my alma mater Nebraska to win 3 of its 5 national championships.

******* Genetics hates Miami. He should just be honest about it.
Exactly right…..every Bugeater douche I have ever known hates Miami with a passion. I’m pretty sure I can find some old Omaha World Herald articles with Tom Osborne whining about how unfair it is that they have to play the U again in a bowl.

Advertisement
Back