MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Learn to count Stoopid.
You’re looking at a stupid stat that will obviously not be to our benefit. Why don’t we look at most rings in the top 25 era (which is pre WW2)? Miami is tied for 6th there. Or rings since 1970? Tied with Nebraska & USC for 2nd. You’re using stats from a time when only fraggle was alive.

Advertisement
Agreed. It’s laughable when you read people saying massive win for the ACC. Anyone who’s ever litigated for more than 1 second could have predicted their motion to dismiss was going to be denied.
I'm not an attorney and even I know that you always file a motion to dismiss.

6. The ACC can…..

Angry King Kong GIF by Kino Lorber
Top 20 Gif All-Time

Simple and so pure in its messaging. Truly conveys to the viewer the emotional state of the sender.

Advertisement
******* hilarious.

You falsely claimed that this was "a dispute between states", and now you are trying to give me ****?

**** off with that nonsense. But, hey, "you stand by the point you made". Sure, the ignorant, ignorant point you made.

Jurisdiction and comity? You don't know what in the **** you are talking about, but you sure know how to toss around words you don't understand.

Good luck with that. And don't blame me for your ignorance and ridiculously incorrect posts.
Don't hate. Congratulate.

Don't hate. Congratulate.

I congratulate you for your terrible reading comprehension, your complete misunderstanding of what I said, your absolute lack of knowledge of legal concepts, your misreading of the US Constitution, and your stubborn insistence that you made a valid point when you didn't.

Happy?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I congratulate you for your terrible reading comprehension, your complete misunderstanding of what I said, your absolute lack of knowledge of legal concepts, your misreading of the US Constitution, and your stubborn insistence that you made a valid point when you didn't.

Happy?
Very. But remember . . . don't hate. Congratulate.

Advertisement
I've said it since the beginning of this litigation, unless there's some sort of settlement between FSU and the ACC (Clemson also in this boat now), this case is not going to be resolved quickly.

Even on an expedited schedule, you're probably not getting a final answer until mid-2025 at earliest.

Basically, if the leaving schools want to play in other conferences for the 2025 season a settlement has to be reached by Aug 2024.

The next 90 days in court will be very telling, plus if UNC or other schools file suits that also increases the chances of resolution

I’d guess that a resolution is reached within 12 months of now. Keeping in mind that if nothing happens the current term expires in 2026. For several key reasons the option can’t/wont get exercised to extend the additional 7 years into 2033

I remember well dumbfuq ESPN peeps kept parroting that the 2033 date was absolute and iron clad

Basically, if the leaving schools want to play in other conferences for the 2025 season a settlement has to be reached by Aug 2024.

The next 90 days in court will be very telling, plus if UNC or other schools file suits that also increases the chances of resolution

I’d guess that a resolution is reached within 12 months of now. Keeping in mind that if nothing happens the current term expires in 2026. For several key reasons the option can’t/wont get exercised to extend the additional 7 years into 2033

I remember well dumbfuq ESPN peeps kept parroting that the 2033 date was absolute and iron clad
They have to ANNOUNCE they are leaving by August 15, that it the only ACC conference requirement. Then they play the 2024 season as "non voting members" and their media revenue is applied towards the exit fee when they leave. At that point the law suits to a degree become a distraction and will most likely be terminated ... at the behest of ESPN who doesn't want this to go to discovery and have their "trade secret" documents see the light of day in the State of Florida due to Sunshine laws.

Advertisement
Back