MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Independence may be one of Notre Dame's most valuable assets. Once they lose it and join a conference, there's no getting it back. I imagine they'll stick to it as long as possible.
Its weird to me they made a couple of concessions for them regarding the playoffs and pay out that they didn’t have to

Advertisement
I think they're an 8-4/9-3 team. They're gonna take a big step back on offense. Travis did a lot to conceal the issues they had there, and they lost like 90% of their offensive production from last year. Their HS recruiting is also nowhere near the level necessary to maintain elite production. The portal works until you get a bust portal class.

As for the realignment info, I'd be surprised if they announced they were leaving the conference without a landing spot. If they did leave and played as an independent, it would indicate that neither the BIG or SEC extended offers to them. Also, one reason why I don't think the ACC settles is because the minute they do, you're gonna have us and every other team in the conference filing a lawsuit to get to the same result.
DJU is 255lbs but it’s weird he is a big guy but he doesn’t look buff or even overweight he just looks like a normal dude ,so why is he weighing so **** much .

DJU is 255lbs but it’s weird he is a big guy but he doesn’t look buff or even overweight he just looks like a normal dude ,so why is he weighing so **** much .
angry eric cartman GIF by South Park

Advertisement
I think they're an 8-4/9-3 team. They're gonna take a big step back on offense. Travis did a lot to conceal the issues they had there, and they lost like 90% of their offensive production from last year. Their HS recruiting is also nowhere near the level necessary to maintain elite production. The portal works until you get a bust portal class.

As for the realignment info, I'd be surprised if they announced they were leaving the conference without a landing spot. If they did leave and played as an independent, it would indicate that neither the BIG or SEC extended offers to them. Also, one reason why I don't think the ACC settles is because the minute they do, you're gonna have us and every other team in the conference filing a lawsuit to get to the same result.
Agreed. What negotiating leverage would they have with either of the P2 if they left the ACC without an invite? They could sign a TV rights deal like BYU had with ESPN, but how much would they get for that? BYU received $6M per year with theirs. Obviously, FSU's would be higher, but how much? Twice as much? Three times?

Could they negotiate a full season's worth of a playoff worthy schedule in 1 or 2 years? Schools have their schedules set years in advance. Plus, they would effectively be locked out of the playoff should they go independent. ND is the only independent to get specific carve outs in the playoff deal. FSU could get in, but they'd have to have a tremendous schedule and record in order to make it.

Maybe they think the SEC and B10 would enter into a bidding war for them, but if that were the case, why would they have to spend a year (or more) as an independent?

Your mileage may vary...

View attachment 285588
Weird to compare a three year avg to a two year average.

Not excusing Miami attendance but this is essentially the definition of statistics can be factual but still manipulated in theory… for context:

Miami greatly impacted by 2017 outlier I’m guessing where beyond fsu home game spikes we had both nd and vt sellouts/near sellout when Miami was undefeated. Funny what winning does…

Advertisement

Not excusing Miami attendance but this is essentially the definition of statistics can be factual but still manipulated in theory… for context:

Miami greatly impacted by 2017 outlier I’m guessing where beyond fsu home game spikes we had both nd and vt sellouts/near sellout when Miami was undefeated. Funny what winning does…
I don’t get the point of the graph anyway. Like what point is it trying to make ?

I don’t get the point of the graph anyway. Like what point is it trying to make ?
Whose attendance is dropping in a random set of comparison years - it doesn’t even make sense because I can understand omitting 2020 and even 2021 for Covid outlier but why 2016-18 - did someone fart in 2019?

Also, and I know this isn’t the case but just for sake of argument- let’s say that Miami with selling out every game legitimately, depending on what years he took, he could’ve shared the Miami attendance still was down over 10,000 a year but that would’ve been completely attributable to the stadium reconfiguration. What would that have meant? Should have just done a decade year by year trendline averaging out- omitting Covid years I get. I don’t even know that it would help Miami optics. Plus, I’m not even sure if they’re counting tickets sold or butts in seats which is more indicative but nobody really reports. We would look worse on that one

Advertisement

Kansas
2016 2 -10
2107 1-11
2018 3-9

2022 6-7
2023 9-4

Anything to make Miami look bad...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back