MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
I sent this to a few members of the board last week (and, yes, I actually thumb-typed the whole thing on my iPhone)...

Imagine this is the testimony of the ACC Commissioner...

Son, we live in a world that has power conferences, and those power conferences have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? Blake James? I have a greater responsibility than you can fathom. You weep for Syracuse and you curse the ACC. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know---that Syracuse's death, while tragic, probably saved programs; and my existence, while grotesque and nepotistic to you, saves programs.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at alumni functions, you want me on that wall---you need me on that wall.

We use words like "exit fees", "breach", "grant of rights". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending a lazy dying conference. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a school that rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very contract that I negotiate and then questions the friends and relatives with whom I negotiate it.

I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you write a check for a half-billion and join the B1G. Either way, I don't give a **** what you think you're entitled to!
I feel left out of the love but at least the written word has been publicly shared. Sunshine laws perhaps lol

I sent this to a few members of the board last week (and, yes, I actually thumb-typed the whole thing on my iPhone)...

Imagine this is the testimony of the ACC Commissioner...

Son, we live in a world that has power conferences, and those power conferences have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? Blake James? I have a greater responsibility than you can fathom. You weep for Syracuse and you curse the ACC. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know---that Syracuse's death, while tragic, probably saved programs; and my existence, while grotesque and nepotistic to you, saves programs.

You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at alumni functions, you want me on that wall---you need me on that wall.

We use words like "exit fees", "breach", "grant of rights". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending a lazy dying conference. You use them as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a school that rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very contract that I negotiate and then questions the friends and relatives with whom I negotiate it.

I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you write a check for a half-billion and join the B1G. Either way, I don't give a **** what you think you're entitled to!
It moved.

I can confirm definitive movement.

Advertisement
It moved.

I can confirm definitive movement.
Kung Fu Wtf GIF by A24

Break Pause GIF by femtec alumnae e.v.

Flugaur’s open hatred of Genetics automatically makes his account more worthwhile that the other two
I haven't listed much to Flugaur but he absolutely despises Genetics. On a visceral level it's kinda remarkable to see.

I will say that Flugaur nailed USC and UCLA to the BIG and also Washington/Oregon when Genetics was ****ting on that idea.

I haven't listed much to Flugaur but he absolutely despises Genetics. On a visceral level it's kinda remarkable to see.

I will say that Flugaur nailed USC and UCLA to the BIG and also Washington/Oregon when Genetics was ****ting on that idea.
I think they are both ghey.

But who doesn't love a good pillow fight?

Advertisement
Interesting comments from Matt Baker, the Tampa Bay Times guy that put out the headline that freaked people out last week about our "vote." Just tweeted them out today:

Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 3.20.58 PM.png

Advertisement
Ultimately, if the networks want a team in a conference, the conference is probably going to take them. USC was apparently vehemently against bringing Oregon and Washington to the BIG, and yet it happened. I do think it helps us that networks are driving realignment, because we do have a good market and have the potential to be a very good product. We already beat half the BIG in TV numbers and home game attendance (and that's with a bad product). If we can take the next step this year, it'll be a big help.

It also helped w/ the B1G’s decision to accept UO & UW b/c they bent over backwards to join the conference to the tune of a 50-60% discount.

nah not ***. worst case is flugar is just youtube version of a local radio host with callers. No harm. Genetics has agenda and is a **** with less sources imo.

I would say this about Genetics.

First, he DOES have sources, but they are all Big 10 sources.

Second, as I have pointed out all along, he is WAY TOO tunnel-vision with his sources, he fails to see other points of view and other value systems. He thinks F$U and Clemson should SWOON over possible Big 10 bids when they would both prefer to join the SEC.

Third, he has become far too ****y and arrogant about his viewpoints, even to the point of glossing over the times he has been WRONG (i.e., Washington-Oregon will never be in the Big 10), and insisting that every single one of his inscrutable hints is actually some gateway into enlightenment and knowledge.

He had some early successes, and now everything has gone to his head and he won't even admit that the landscape keeps changing in some unpredictable ways. He's STILL trying to tell us "I predicted Notre Dame would join the Big 10". I guaran-*******-tee you, he will dine out on THAT ONE for the next 100 years if it comes to pass.

More rational people will admit to uncertainty. I know that ND could join the Big 10, but I'm not hinting that it's going to happen and then preparing to run around screaming "I told you so".

Genetics needs to settle down.

Second, as I have pointed out all along, he is WAY TOO tunnel-vision with his sources, he fails to see other points of view and other value systems. He thinks F$U and Clemson should SWOON over possible Big 10 bids when they would both prefer to join the SEC.

Third, he has become far too ****y and arrogant about his viewpoints, even to the point of glossing over the times he has been WRONG (i.e., Washington-Oregon will never be in the Big 10), and insisting that every single one of his inscrutable hints is actually some gateway into enlightenment and knowledge.

He had some early successes, and now everything has gone to his head and he won't even admit that the landscape keeps changing in some unpredictable ways. He's STILL trying to tell us "I predicted Notre Dame would join the Big 10". I guaran-*******-tee you, he will dine out on THAT ONE for the next 100 years if it comes to pass.

More rational people will admit to uncertainty. I know that ND could join the Big 10, but I'm not hinting that it's going to happen and then preparing to run around screaming "I told you so".

You just described 99.999% of CIS porsters*.

Sign that gato to a contract.

*you/I excluded of course

Advertisement

Just like Al Gore invented the internet, @Genetics invented the P2.

You just described 99.999% of CIS porsters*.

Sign that gato to a contract.

*you/I excluded of course

You make a valid point.

I'd just say that 99.999% of CIS porsters aren't blasting out their viewpoints on Twatter and various webcasts and podcasts, the way that Genetics has been doing for the last year or two.

So all of the Miami-centric porsting is quarantined on this website.

Why do you think I wear a mask when I read this stuff?

You make a valid point.

I'd just say that 99.999% of CIS porsters aren't blasting out their viewpoints on Twatter and various webcasts and podcasts, the way that Genetics has been doing for the last year or two.

So all of the Miami-centric porsting is quarantined on this website.

Why do you think I wear a mask when I read this stuff?
We should start.

The world NEEDS our hot takes on all topics.

24/7/365.

Advertisement
Back