MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Is this the direction our planning is going?

1711375285005.png

Advertisement
The new Chair of the UM BOT is Laurie Silvers, she is a double UM alum, an experienced attorney who worked in the communications industry. She is also a media entrepreneur, having founded the SyFy network. She brought in Isaac Asimov and Gene Roddenberry as consultants for her when evaluating the launch of the SyFy network ... so she seems like she is smart and thinks outside of the box.

You would have to believe with her background, both legal and MEDIA INDUSTRY, she, more than anyone on the BOT clearly understands the implications of Miami remaining in the ACC once FSU / Clemson / UNC leave.
Do we know her real net worth?

The new Chair of the UM BOT is Laurie Silvers, she is a double UM alum, an experienced attorney who worked in the communications industry. She is also a media entrepreneur, having founded the SyFy network. She brought in Isaac Asimov and Gene Roddenberry as consultants for her when evaluating the launch of the SyFy network ... so she seems like she is smart and thinks outside of the box.

You would have to believe with her background, both legal and MEDIA INDUSTRY, she, more than anyone on the BOT clearly understands the implications of Miami remaining in the ACC once FSU / Clemson / UNC leave.
Great observation about Silvers. I recall hearing about her taking the Chair and at the time, didn’t seem like a bid deal. But with her background, she should definitely have great insight into the media implications in this mess.

Advertisement
Advertisement
yall making it sound like its a tv show lol. maybe UM isnt in position to make a buyout plan and actually doesnt have a home.
Focus on the word "plan". The P2 is interested in expanding. They now run college football and every major decision associated with it. It would make it much easier for the P2 to absorb 6 or more ACC programs IF THE CONFERENCE DISSOLVED. There would then be no $120M exit fees, no GOR/media buyback. The P2 could easily absorb 6 programs ... maybe even 8. Then 2-4 to the B12. Wake and BC go to whatever regional conference will take them ... and it is over. Play the 2024 season as scheduled, maybe even 2025, but by 2026 the ACC no longer exists. That is an option / scenario that could materialize.

Focus on the word "plan". The P2 is interested in expanding. They now run college football and every major decision associated with it. It would make it much easier for the P2 to absorb 6 or more ACC programs IF THE CONFERENCE DISSOLVED. There would then be no $120M exit fees, no GOR/media buyback. The P2 could easily absorb 6 programs ... maybe even 8. Then 2-4 to the B12. Wake and BC go to whatever regional conference will take them ... and it is over. Play the 2024 season as scheduled, maybe even 2025, but by 2026 the ACC no longer exists. That is an option / scenario that could materialize.
Might this explain why the SEC just took their 2024 schedule and flipped home and away? Maybe they expect to have to make serious changes to the 2025 schedule so this is a placeholder?

Can we stop with the Rad this Rad that. This conversation at UM happens with him but mostly above him.

So…. His initial hire was celebrated partially due to his ability to navigate this important situation…

So now, he was basically another Miami guy hire, but this one just getting a retirement gig…

Jesus…

And it’s on topic because it shows another example of institutional ineptness…

Advertisement
Her term is through the 2024 calendar year ... critical time. You have to believe a lot of key decisions are being made right now.
I thought it ended may 31st? Granted I assumed that since her term started on 6/1.

Also apparently the next chair is already appointed.

Manny Kadre

Advertisement
Fox must REALLY be hurting for content. I could see Fox Sports, but the main Fox network? Oof.
Actually, I think it’s completely the opposite. It’s way better to have one of the biggest brands in football occupying two or three hours. You get to hype everybody up for the upcoming season then some random second tier programming you already have. I’m surprised somebody hasn’t done the sooner.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back