MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

No one is stealing his opinions so that he needs a disclaimer. In fact, he regurgitates others’ opinions at times. He should’ve stuck to spitting out leaks from his contacts, but he’s tried to make himself a central figure in all this and it’s blowing his credibility. This guy thinks he’s much more important than he is.

1711202790003.png

Advertisement
No one is stealing his opinions so that he needs a disclaimer. In fact, he regurgitates others’ opinions at times. He should’ve stuck to spitting out leaks from his contacts, but he’s tried to make himself a central figure in all this and it’s blowing his credibility. This guy thinks he’s much more important than he is.

View attachment 285157
This guy needs to

Star Trek GIF

If I didn’t care about the program, this thread could end up being comedic gold…a top 5 thread in CIS history full of definitive statements and incessant peacocking, except it would mean the death of Miami football itself.

But as for the actual lawsuit at hand, anyone get the sense FSU certainly has the upper hand here?
Don’t forget the “ dunking text” WTF. Those are….😜

Time to start being objective about the Big 20. There’s a lot to be excited for, but all I read is a premature to rushing to judgement. Well baby here comes the air raid:

- More schools is pure money. Once this decaying capitalist republic falls and economic equality is assured, each institution will receive the exact same payout. Most importantly, those funds will be free of the blood of corporations, making it more pure than money stolen by oil barons or scammed by the Bible Belt.

- While initially not as “****” as the B10 or SEC, no other basketball conference has positioned itself so well for the future. This is especially true when considering the spate of recent research that paints the long term risks of playing football in a very dark light. Once that research hits the public eye, contact sports will have one long kiss goodnight. The best thing for Miami football at that time? Being a basketball program.

- Once booming population wise, the South is slowly losing in every major demographic category, or could be losing at some point in the next 50-100 years. This includes a potential mass exodus from the states of Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, and very specific parts of Texas and Florida. The Big 10 states are already dead economic zones, each so depressed that the Congo is sending them aid. In contrast, B20 cities are primed to boom, or boom after the next boom. Nothing better than being part of a subsequent boom.

- A lot of SEC schools are near power plants.

- The best part is that one little dream scenario is still in play, which those scared morons Clemson and FSU have failed to consider: an intergalactic merger of the strongest parts of the ACC and the Big 12. Close your eyes and imagine the first 32 team conference in sports history. Hated losing the Cal-Arizona State rivalry? Well it’s back, once every four years. Wishing you could watch Boston College face off with Stanford in 24 different sports? So will the networks. (That’s right, networks plural, because ESPN and Fox won’t own the BACC32. In fact they won’t even broadcast our games). Syracuse playing tennis in Boulder on the CW, anyone?

This is just the start, but I get very “first Irish immigrants to land on Ellis Island” vibes with the potential benefits of staying out of the SEC/B10. In fact, I’m struggling to find as many compelling downsides.
According to recent history we need to become an ice hockey school…😜

Advertisement

View attachment 285157
He doesn’t seem to know what a GOR actually is based on this post

View attachment 285157
It’s funny because not even a week ago he was talking about Miami in the P2. Weeks before that he was talking about how the Clemson chatter had significantly cooled and how they weren’t a shoe in. All the sudden they file suit and he changes his tune.

He’s extrapolating off of the limited inside info he has and public perception. That’s it.

What an idiot this guy is, all he does is circle jerks with FSU fans on WhoreChant.
@Genetics56

I feel bad for some Miami fans. They are told "we are being patient, "observing," "letting it play out," "support ACC" blah blah, but I can only imagine if Nebraska was in a spot like this and leadership said this in Nebraska, there would be riots in the streets demanding to get into the P2. Some of the Miami fans view the school belonging in the P2. And then one of their writers at On3 tells the fanbase that they will stay in the ACC and sit back. I can understand not having an offer from the P2, but the passive care coming from them is sad to see from a program that won multiple national titles in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's. Their loss to Ohio State wasn't all that long ago in the big picture. Back when the Big 12 was on the verge of implosion, CO left, MO left, A&M left, and Nebraska left. If Nebraska hadn't left, the school would be "stuck" in the Big 12. After the CFP contract that transpired with the P2 have authorative power over college football playoff, Nebraska would have been left as a second class citizen. Thankfully Nebraska had smart leadership and jumped on a Big Ten move before all of this other stuff went down. Miami's leadership needs to decide if they want to do whatever it takes to get into the P2 within the next year and a half or run the risk of living as a second class citizen (no control group association of college football).

Advertisement

When your “data model” has Stanford and cal more attractive to realignment seekers than North Carolina and Miami who are at least being openly talked about by most and after cal and Stanford couldn’t get a lifeboat in big 12, rejected by big 10 and took partial shares to come to a conference on the verge of imploding before you play a game, your model sucks and all your other graphs and charts should be questioned at least

When your “data model” has Stanford and cal more attractive to realignment seekers than North Carolina and Miami who are at least being openly talked about by most and after cal and Stanford couldn’t get a lifeboat in big 12, rejected by big 10 and took partial shares to come to a conference on the verge of imploding before you play a game, your model sucks and all your other graphs and charts should be questioned at least
He’s biased towards the former Pac12 because he’s a USC grad. This guy also says he’s former CIA in his bio too.

Advertisement
Am I really to believe that base on this chart both Stanford and Cal have more attractive than us ?
Paint me dubious, suspicious, doubtful.
I agree. It makes no sense. He's got us ahead of 15 current B1G/SEC teams. But behind two teams nobody wanted.

Stanford has "the best athletic dept in the nation" and their academics are top notch. So I can at least understand why they'd be attractive. BUT that wasn't enough to get them an invite to the B1G when the PAC fell apart.

I don't understand Cal's ranking at all. They're ahead of UNC too.

Advertisement
What an idiot this guy is, all he does is circle jerks with FSU fans on WhoreChant.
@Genetics56

I feel bad for some Miami fans. They are told "we are being patient, "observing," "letting it play out," "support ACC" blah blah, but I can only imagine if Nebraska was in a spot like this and leadership said this in Nebraska, there would be riots in the streets demanding to get into the P2. Some of the Miami fans view the school belonging in the P2. And then one of their writers at On3 tells the fanbase that they will stay in the ACC and sit back. I can understand not having an offer from the P2, but the passive care coming from them is sad to see from a program that won multiple national titles in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's. Their loss to Ohio State wasn't all that long ago in the big picture. Back when the Big 12 was on the verge of implosion, CO left, MO left, A&M left, and Nebraska left. If Nebraska hadn't left, the school would be "stuck" in the Big 12. After the CFP contract that transpired with the P2 have authorative power over college football playoff, Nebraska would have been left as a second class citizen. Thankfully Nebraska had smart leadership and jumped on a Big Ten move before all of this other stuff went down. Miami's leadership needs to decide if they want to do whatever it takes to get into the P2 within the next year and a half or run the risk of living as a second class citizen (no control group association of college football).
Exhibit 2000 on this guy not knowing anything about our program. He may have some info on other programs, and the FSU “insiders” are definitely feeding him talking points, but he doesn’t know a thing about us. Just that we’re not being “aggressive” enough which, again, is a public perception issue.

Only problem with the "brand value" approach is that it isn't what has been used for distribution TO the schools. Everybody RECEIVES the same amount ... so they should each have the same exit cost.
FSU will try to argue that, but I doubt it lands IMO. I mean take the math out of it and just use common sense…would Wake or Syracuse leaving the conference damage it the same amount as FSU or Clemson leaving? **** no, members would probably celebrate the first case. Because schools add different value.

Advertisement
Back