MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

The only telling comment from rad was the first comment by rad. Months ago he made an off handed remark about needing an invite to a party first (paraphrasing). Worst case scenario for him is going down in Miami lore as the guy that helped blow up the ACC on way to big 12 (or worse?) membership.
Pretty clear that we are aware of the importance of getting into P2. Let’s hope we can pull it off.

Advertisement
I agree with some of this but honestly, Miami isn’t an elite private school, AAU or not. Better than most, sure, and some great programs- absolutely, but not the same national view as Duke, Stanford and Northwestern. Vandy as well.
At the end of the day, this is all about college football and the revenue it generates. Sure, some of the tangibles like AAU factor in, but ultimately it’s about how does/can your FOOTBALL program elevate revenue.

It’s interesting that UNC is considered above Miami. Their football program has been average at best but obviously their basketball program and even their baseball program is very good. They also have an excellent Lacrosse team - men’s and women’s. Highly regarded academic institution in a large, growing metro area.

We ****ed. Oh well, I just moved to Winter Garden so at least I can catch the battle for the Big 12 against UCF every other year now.

I’d like to thank everyone associated with this university who completely ignored athletics for about 20 years. Sick strategy. Glad it paid off for us. *****.
I’ll see ya there. I’m in Dr. phillips. Go Canes, I guess… 😒

Advertisement
At the end of the day, this is all about college football and the revenue it generates. Sure, some of the tangibles like AAU factor in, but ultimately it’s about how does/can your FOOTBALL program elevate revenue.

It’s interesting that UNC is considered above Miami. Their football program has been average at best but obviously their basketball program and even their baseball program is very good. They also have an excellent Lacrosse team - men’s and women’s. Highly regarded academic institution in a large, growing metro area.
Right here you said this is all about CFB but then bring up UNC not being anything special in CFB.

I don’t think it’s solely football. It seems that there’s other considerations.

I agree with some of this but honestly, Miami isn’t an elite private school, AAU or not. Better than most, sure, and some great programs- absolutely, but not the same national view as Duke, Stanford and Northwestern. Vandy as well.

The most intelligent person — by far — I've ever known graduated from Rice, which is rated up there with those schools you mentioned by the folks that put those college rankings together.

Funny thing, though, the guy was a diehard Rice fan ... season-ticket holder, attended practices, went to booster meetings to listen to coaches ... would talk your ears off about Rice football if you gave him the slightest opening.

Every year he thought they were about to turn it around .. "Watch. We're gonna surprise folks this year."

Definitely a "15-0" poster if he were at CIS :roll-canes2:

The most intelligent person — by far — I've ever known graduated from Rice, which is rated up there with those schools you mentioned by the folks that put those college rankings together.

Funny thing, though, the guy was a diehard Rice fan ... season-ticket holder, attended practices, went to booster meetings to listen to coaches ... would talk your ears off about Rice football if you gave him the slightest opening.

Every year he thought they were about to turn it around .. "Watch. We're gonna surprise folks this year."

Definitely a "15-0" poster if he were at CIS :roll-canes2:
No doubt. Rice was an immediate school I thought of. I know a kid from Maryland who got into Ivies and couldn’t get into Rice.

Advertisement
We’d rather go independent for a few years and wait for another cycle of expansion than go to the Big 12. It’s not happening. It’s Big 10 now or Big 10 later. The people in Admin know that it’s Big 10 or bust.

We’re not going to the Big 12, no matter how many other fanbases fantasize about it.

Everyone assumes ND is going to join a conference for football. I don't see the need from their perspective.

One of Notre Dame's biggest challenges if the ACC falls apart would be football scheduling.

Right now the Irish have five guaranteed games against ACC schools.

If the B1G and SEC further expand to 20 or 24 members, they'll both play (at least) nine conference games which will essentially lock up their schedules from middle/late September until the end of the regular season around Thanksgiving.

Those schools are gonna be hauling in a lot of TV and CFP money — way more than ND — and they'll have a clear path to the playoffs simply by winning enough conference games.

Why would those B1G/SEC school go out of there way to help out the Irish? Can't say "more TV money" because those contracts are already set.

Maybe Notre Dame could cobble something together with the Big XII, but would a progam that sees itself as elite be willing to tie itself to a league essentially made up of second- and third-tier brands?

We'll see I suppose

Right here you said this is all about CFB but then bring up UNC not being anything special in CFB.

I don’t think it’s solely football. It seems that there’s other considerations.
UNC is HIGHLY regarded by the B10 presidents for their academics and reputation. Currently the #22 ranked university nationally. (Northwestern is #9; ND #20; Michigan #21). Adding ND and UNC would be quite a coup ... academically and their BB team obviously is one of the best. Then, simply that fact that UNC is "Tobacco Road Blue Blood" adds to the appeal ... and getting a geographic footprint for the B10 in the heart of SEC country. Would be huge for the B10 to have even regional home games broadcast in that market on a regular basis.

We’re not going to the Big 12, no matter how many other fanbases fantasize about it.

Noles and Gators circle-jerking as we speak

im horny jack nicholson GIF

Advertisement
One of Notre Dame's biggest challenges if the ACC falls apart would be football scheduling.

If the B1G and SEC further expand to 20 or 24 members, they'll both play (at least) nine conference games which will essentially lock up their schedules from middle/late September until the end of the regular season around Thanksgiving.

Those schools are gonna be hauling in a lot of TV and CFP money — way more than ND — and they'll have a clear path to the playoffs simply by winning enough conference games.

Why would those B1G/SEC school go out of there way to help out the Irish? Can't say "more TV money" because those contracts are already set.

Maybe Notre Dame could cobble something together with the Big XII, but would a progam that sees itself as elite be willing to tie itself to a league essentially made up of second- and third-tier brands?

We'll see I suppose
Got to believe that within 10 years ND is part of the Big10 .... there might be a transitory period in which they replace their ACC scheduling deal with a Big 10 scheduling deal. Face it ... any Big 10 team playing ND is a nationally broadcast game that will draw 8 million viewers and major commercial $$.

We'll see I suppose
Because ND is still a big enough draw that if each scheduled 5 games with them a year, they get a sizable audience. Which do you think would get more eyes, a UGA-Vandy game or UGA-ND?

ND could straddle the fence between the conferences. Imagine all the hypothetical speculation about how Ole Miss could beat Michigan because they beat ND by 6 and Michigan lost to them by 3 just a week later. Those conferences wouldn't be helping ND, they'd be increasing their audience.

We ****ed. Oh well, I just moved to Winter Garden so at least I can catch the battle for the Big 12 against UCF every other year now.

I’d like to thank everyone associated with this university who completely ignored athletics for about 20 years. Sick strategy. Glad it paid off for us. *****.

Thanks for spelling "*****" correctly.

I spent several minutes after your last rant looking up "cvnt" in the North Florida dictionary but couldn't find it

Confused Ask The Storybots GIF by StoryBots

Advertisement
Because ND is still a big enough draw that if each scheduled 5 games with them a year, they get a sizable audience. Which do you think would get more eyes, a UGA-Vandy game or UGA-ND?

ND could straddle the fence between the conferences. Imagine all the hypothetical speculation about how Ole Miss could beat Michigan because they beat ND by 6 and Michigan lost to them by 3 just a week later. Those conferences wouldn't be helping ND, they'd be increasing their audience.

You could be right Cane brotha.

I just think the Leprechauns are going to the B1G (no matter how they say they value football independence) and we're going with them.

Time will tell

You could be right Cane brotha.

I just think the Leprechauns are going to the B1G (no matter how they say they value football independence) and we're going with them.

Time will tell
Oh, I'm not making a prediction. I'm just saying it's possible. I'd say we're more likely going to the B1G with ND as well.

Advertisement
Back