MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I understand your point, and don’t necessarily disagree, but a better analogy is to compare what Radakovich said to the North Carolina athletic Director, which was basically another flavor of what Dan said. a better comp would be the head of our board of trustees or at least the one who oversees sports making a comment at some point
Did the UNC AD make a statement in this same timeframe? If so, I’d like to compare. If not, then these are the statements coming from the respective schools at this time.

Look, in some ways I find it hard to believe that given the situation, that Miami isn’t a take for anyone but the ACC and B12, but then again, Oregon and Washington were takes over Miami. And the Washington selection is what scares me because that tells me that the BIG and SEC put a premium on big state universities, especially the flagship schools.

So UNC and UVA would knock us down as would FSU, Clemson and possibly Cal/Berkeley as well. Then you get the Super-Private schools like Duke and Stanford with their academics and their resources which gel nicely with Northwestern.

And UNC and UVA will likely be tied to a P2 landing spot for NCSt and VT. No one’s carrying us along and we’re not a big state school nor an elite private school. We aren’t such a slam dunk.

Advertisement
I try to be fair Because I don’t wear orange and green glasses in this crap. I don’t care if that’s a public optics to cover the fact that you’re being conniving and backstabbing in the background or even if you believe it in the worst case scenario that you don’t have a move to make. That quote sucks on every single level and is completely unnecessary regardless of which fork in the road you’re on.

Have we ever flown a plane for an athletic Director if necessary?

Literally hate everything about that no matter what background is or is not going on.

It could be pledge undying loyalty as you get ready to betray ceasar because “we had no choice” but to kill him but….
Ralph Fiennes Trust GIF by Searchlight Pictures
I think folks forget what Rad was saying about hiring Zo right up until the point he got hired. He has to be politically correct in the public eye until the bomb drops. Folks also forget that public universities have to be transparent. Private universities don't. Anybody heard a peep out of ND.

A lot of folks in here b!tching and complaining or expecting the worst because they have been trained to be that way by the suckage the U football has been for over 20 years.

They must be missing that The U is actually committed to winning the past couple of years. Simple math will tell folks how many teams these conferences need to get to 20 a piece and that the U is at least top 5. They must have missed how quickly teams from the PAC 12 got jacked by the B1G when it imploded.

Did the UNC AD make a statement in this same timeframe? If so, I’d like to compare. If not, then these are the statements coming from the respective schools at this time.

Look, in some ways I find it hard to believe that given the situation, that Miami isn’t a take for anyone but the ACC and B12, but then again, Oregon and Washington were takes over Miami. And the Washington selection is what scares me because that tells me that the BIG and SEC put a premium on big state universities, especially the flagship schools.

So UNC and UVA would knock us down as would FSU, Clemson and possibly Cal/Berkeley as well. Then you get the Super-Private schools like Duke and Stanford with their academics and their resources which gel nicely with Northwestern.

And UNC and UVA will likely be tied to a P2 landing spot for NCSt and VT. No one’s carrying is along and we’re not a big state school nor an elite private school. We aren’t such a slam dunk.

Good at a lot of things not ELITE at anything. I get your point.

I think folks forget what Rad was saying about hiring Zo right up until the point he got hired. He has to be politically correct in the public eye until the bomb drops. Folks also forget that public universities have to be transparent. Private universities don't. Anybody heard a peep out of ND.

A lot of folks in here b!tching and complaining or expecting the worst because they have been trained to be that way by the suckage the U football has been for over 20 years.

They must be missing that The U is actually committed to winning the past couple of years. Simple math will tell folks how many teams these conferences need to get to 20 a piece and that the U is at least top 5. They must have missed how quickly teams from the PAC 12 got jacked by the B1G when it imploded.
Im not so sure ND goes to a conference. They could stay independent and get away with it.

Advertisement
Focused on Miami AD remarks and UNC bot comments and meeting. Some In the beginning but Jump to 17 minutes or so in for a Miami focus. TIFWIW

Many of those complaining will not go the 17th minute and listen as you informed them to do

And UNC and UVA will likely be tied to a P2 landing spot for NCSt and VT. No one’s carrying is along and we’re not a big state school nor an elite private school. We aren’t such a slam du

Does march 14 count?

Days later his BOT crushed him essentially as I previously shared in this thread

IMG_7292.jpeg

Advertisement
You can't make this stuff up. Hey, let's go based off of incomplete, unverified information and make far reaching assumptions about people. Brilliant idea.
it’s not just this. And the word I got was that we’re not in financial position to leave… I responded with no ****, not a single school can pay $150M… comment rubbed me the wrong way. Rad has used Miami as a retirement party

And UNC and UVA will likely be tied to a P2 landing spot for NCSt and VT. No one’s carrying is along and we’re not a big state school nor an elite private school. We aren’t such a slam dunk.
The only schools above us in the ACC pecking order is FSU, UNC, and Clemson. That’s it. UVA and VT add nothing beyond a geographic footprint (smaller than South Florida market wise) and two flagship university’s. They both have absolutely abysmal TV numbers, terrible to little NIL, nowhere near the amount we invested recently, and smaller fanbases. Also, we’re an AAU (like Duke and Stanford). If we’re not an elite private school, then I don’t know what school is. We’ve also become a big research university too, and have a good reputation with a lot of Big Ten schools.

Oregon and Washington were no brainers. For one, the Big got them for pennies on the dollar. Both schools are also the entire market for their respective states. Also, if they were takes over Miami, by the same logic, it also means they were takes over everyone else in the ACC too.

This isn’t to say we have a spot in the Big or anything like that. Just that there’s a good argument why they’d want us in the conference.

I wonder if with this new partnership of the Big 10 and SEC does that mean the SEC would let the Big 10 get a foothold in Florida with FSU. Or will the SEC fight for FSU and a stronger foothold in Florida than the Big 10.

If FSU goes to the SEC it basically guarantees our spot in the Big 10.

Flo his last 2 shows has said we are now in the Big 2 conversation and we have a spot secured as of now which occurred recently. Could it be the SEC wants FSU and Clemson now leaving us the opening for the Big 10?

That SEC schedule for 2025 def points to them expanding in 2026... didnt the commissioner for the SEC say that in 2025 they would play 9 conference games but nwo theyre back to 8? Something is brewing with the SEC imo.
Solid points in here. The SEC scheduling screams that something is brewing. They did say they would play 9 conference games moving forward so it is obvious they are expanding. I heard Flo's comments as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Pete Thamel said on the CGD Podcast yesterday that Florida is vehemently against adding FSU to the SEC (already known), but that Auburn and Georgia are also pretty against it too. South Carolina is vehemently against adding Clemson. Thamel also said in a prior podcast that the SEC isn't gung ho about adding FSU, but that the Big 10 making serious overtures to them would probably change their perspective.
and Texas A&M didn't want Texas. How did that work out for them?

Advertisement
So much incompetence for so long at Miami everyone is frustrated and frightened that we will be dealt the death sentence of not being in the P2.

Everyone knows that Miami is a major brand of college football. Everything else in creating this new concept is secondary. That money is what is causing this- the presidents and AD’s of big1 would have preferred staying to the status quo. Money and absolute dominance changed that. Do you think Northwestern and Indiana want this from an athletic standpoint , not really. They want this because of money.

Miami will make it. There is real commitment to football and regardless if we chose the right coach or not. Cristobal is a big name and bigger investment. We are showing we are fully committed to winning. If anyone is familiar with general leadership in most universities- it is pretty much across the board below average. Not just us- if these were private companies 80% of leadership across the country would get bounced.

We will make it. Round 1, not in 3 or 4 years

"There is a fear, however, among those close to the Miami program, that the Big Ten is only going to seek out FSU and Notre Dame during its next round of expansion, which would leave Miami without its top choice."

So apparently there are people at UM who also have legitimate concerns about not having a spot in the P2.

Last edited:
Solid points in here. The SEC scheduling screams that something is brewing. They did say they would play 9 conference games moving forward so it is obvious they are expanding. I heard Flo's comments as well.
SEC announced they will keep the same schedule for 2025, just reverse the home/away site. That’s 8 conference games

The only schools above us in the ACC pecking order is FSU, UNC, and Clemson. That’s it. UVA and VT add nothing beyond a geographic footprint (smaller than South Florida market wise) and two flagship university’s. They both have absolutely abysmal TV numbers, terrible to little NIL, nowhere near the amount we invested recently, and smaller fanbases. Also, we’re an AAU (like Duke and Stanford). If we’re not an elite private school, then I don’t know what school is. We’ve also become a big research university too, and have a good reputation with a lot of Big Ten schools.

Oregon and Washington were no brainers. For one, the Big got them for pennies on the dollar. Both schools are also the entire market for their respective states. Also, if they were takes over Miami, by the same logic, it also means they were takes over everyone else in the ACC too.

This isn’t to say we have a spot in the Big or anything like that. Just that there’s a good argument why they’d want us in the conference.
I agree with some of this but honestly, Miami isn’t an elite private school, AAU or not. Better than most, sure, and some great programs- absolutely, but not the same national view as Duke, Stanford and Northwestern. Vandy as well.

Advertisement
Back