MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

"It's a moment of extreme flux for college sports, possibly the greatest moment of instability that we've seen in a long time. It's going to be important for the leadership at Carolina, not just me but everyone involved, to make sure that when the dust settles Carolina's better off." - UNC Chancellor Roberts (Dec 23)

“Here at the University of Miami we are incredibly solid with the ACC. It’s a great conference, provides great structure, access to the college football playoff which is very, very important. We look at our circumstances here with a very orange and green set of glasses saying are we in a good spot, growing our football program.
We’ve invested in it, brought Mario (Cristobal) here, he’s establishing an incredible foundation. What’s the opportunity for us here with things under our control to be able to move this thing forward? The ACC is still one of the Power Four conferences that are part of the college football playoff, a very active and vibrant member of that Power Four. We are very proud to be a part of that, a leading brand within in the ACC and will continue to be a part of it.” - Rad (today)
I don’t trust our leadership given the history. I’d have much preferred to see him make the statement that UNC’s Chancellor made but I’ll hope like **** that he’s playing some kind of 3D chess that ends in an aha moment. 😳

Advertisement
I don’t trust our leadership given the history. I’d have much preferred to see him make the statement that UNC’s Chancellor made but I’ll hope like **** that he’s playing some kind of 3D chess that ends in an aha moment. 😳

Yeah thats exactly my concern. Almost 20 years of incompetence at all levels of leadership, now we just have to hope Dan Rad saves the day. But Dan Rad is one of the key reasons we're in the situation in the first place as he was a huge supporter of the GOR and ESPN deal while at Clemson. So really, our program depends on Rad doing a 180 and admitting one of his biggest career achievements was actually an unmitigated disaster.

Is it possible? Yes. Does it require putting blind faith in an administration that has an extensive track record of making lazy, short-sighted decisions? Also yes.

Yeah thats exactly my concern. Almost 20 years of incompetence at all levels of leadership, now we just have to hope Dan Rad saves the day. But Dan Rad is one of the key reasons we're in the situation in the first place as he was a huge supporter of the GOR and ESPN deal while at Clemson. So really, our program depends on Rad doing a 180 and admitting one of his biggest career achievements was actually an unmitigated disaster.

Is it possible? Yes. Does it require putting blind faith in an administration that has an extensive track record of making lazy, short-sighted decisions? Also yes.
That’s the thing that keeps me up past bedtime on this. Rad was a torch bearing member of the ACC GOR brigade at Clemson and nothing I see on the surface resonates with any sort of contrition on the matter. He’s still ACC ACC ACC which may be a ruse too but we’ll see. That’s why I’m hoping he’s playing some type of 3D chess and delivers a knockout left hook out of nowhere.

And btw, his baseball coach selection didn’t inspire more confidence. That’s for certain.

That’s the thing that keeps me up past bedtime on this. Rad was a torch bearing member of the ACC GOR brigade at Clemson and nothing I see on the surface resonates with any sort of contrition on the matter. He’s still ACC ACC ACC which may be a ruse too but we’ll see. That’s why I’m hoping he’s playing some type of 3D chess and delivers a knockout left hook out of nowhere.

And btw, his baseball coach selection didn’t inspire more confidence. That’s for certain.

I’m sure he’s actively looking for a Miami alumni to take over for Katie running the lady cane hoops…

Cavinder Twins already turned him down…

IMG_1436.jpeg

Canes fans everywhere stand with Matt Lee wondering what the **** we’re doing…

Advertisement
View attachment 285044
These are the 7 most likely to have a P2 spot. So this shouldn’t be a surprise

The way this is written, I just imagine a bunch of people standing around a table examining the document with white gloves and magnifying glasses like it's the Shroud of Turin.

I agree with Pate's assessment. The fact is that NCST is 17-9 over the past three seasons. Meanwhile, Miami is 12-13 over the same period. I think with Ward we have a higher ceiling than any other team in the ACC (elite QB play elevates all), but it's reasonable to have us at #4. We've underperformed for the past twenty years. Better to underrate a team than overrate it. Won't be a miss on his part if he puts us at #4 and we finally over perform and end up higher.
It was not NC State, he had ND, UNC, FSU then Miami. Next group was Clemson, UVA then NC State.

Advertisement
Agree with everything you said. I really hope we’re pro FSU and Clemson’s efforts and acting as a covert party (for now) to their public efforts.

I always go back to the early 2022 leaks/news of Miami seeking ACC buyout options as evidence that we want out ASAP. Things quickly went silent and dried but I hope there was volition to that and we’ve always working to move.

It’s probably all just blind hope on my part.

You don’t think Miami becoming good again in football and being on an upward trajectory wouldn’t help boost its share of tv money and offer to join BigTen????

FSU and Clemson are squirming now to get out cause they know they are trending down

These are not the only or most major components, but it’s a factor

You don’t think Miami becoming good again in football and being on an upward trajectory wouldn’t help boost its share of tv money and offer to join BigTen????

FSU and Clemson are squirming now to get out cause they know they are trending down

These are not the only or most major components, but it’s a factor
It certainly can't hurt, and is something we desperately need. I completely agree that FSU and Clemson need to strike while the iron is hot (now). I'm a fan, so I am biased, but I would think the re-focus and investment into the football program 2 years ago should carry more weight to the B1G and SEC than a one-off 10-win season and NY6 bowl. Perhaps that is what Rad and Rudy are selling to them because they currently can't sell recent prolonged success in football (that should come with the aforementioned reinvestment, just will take time to prove out).

I can't understand how an AAU University, with 5 national championships, and a monopoly on major college sports in the Miami area isn't a shoo-in for a Power 2 conference. I suppose we have preconceived/negative sentiments as headwinds to traditional schools in the B1G and SEC, but it's up to our administration to show them otherwise and get us in the P2.

Then Sh*t the bed at the end of the season....completely meaningless
I understand that. But that's not the point here. The point is we are a huge ratings draw when we're good and you don't have to go back 25 years to see proof of that. That is why people shouldn't be doubting we will have a spot in the power 2 when the time comes.

Advertisement
I understand your point, and don’t necessarily disagree, but a better analogy is to compare what Radakovich said to the North Carolina athletic Director, which was basically another flavor of what Dan said. a better comp would be the head of our board of trustees or at least the one who oversees sports making a comment at some point

I’m really trying to be a better person but a part of me wants Miami to be the school that ends the ACC.

Father Of The Bride Evil Laugh GIF

Like why does RAD come out and say that? He’s a mouthpiece. Got to be PR related right? Kind of like JAY Powell signaling to the market pre fed meetings. What is he telling us?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back