MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Yeah I'm assuming this is the dream scenario for Dan, Rudy, and others.

Sit back and let the conference fall apart without really having to lift a finger while having conversations behind the scenes with B1G or SEC. Once the conference collapses then you make your move.

In hindsight, it may be a masterclass on how to upgrade conferences without having to do sh**.

But why does he have to publicly support the ACC in this and hype up our sh*tty conference? A "no comment" or "we're just waiting to see what happens" would be a much better approach.
Exactly.

IMHO: Miami, unlike FSU-Clemson, doesn't have a P2 landing spot yet. Will we have one sooner or later? Yes, IMHO.

Advertisement
Yeah I'm assuming this is the dream scenario for Dan, Rudy, and others.

Sit back and let the conference fall apart without really having to lift a finger while having conversations behind the scenes with B1G or SEC. Once the conference collapses then you make your move.

In hindsight, it may be a masterclass on how to upgrade conferences without having to do sh**.

But why does he have to publicly support the ACC in this and hype up our sh*tty conference? A "no comment" or "we're just waiting to see what happens" would be a much better approach.
He should have just said what he did before. We are proud members in good standing of the acc and continue to be so. The end.

It doesn’t matter in the end but the public optics suck even if in just feeding fsu trolls or this board and I bet he will be getting a lot of high level booster calls today.

It is a good way on the other hand to not have a lawsuit coming at you like clemson just got that mentions hurting the league by its comments and actions

That's a rational take and we can't have that on this godforsaken board. I wouldn't be shocked if Miami is intentionally keeping their mouths shut, because there is already a way out, they just need someone else to do the heavy lifting. One thing I've learned from my career, if you have what you want in your back pocket, it's a lot easier to negotiate, and honestly, you aren't going to be nearly as loud and abrasive in the process.
agreed...let CLemson and the Noles bear the brunt of "killing" the ACC...I still hear people complain that Miami "killed" the Big East

The opener against UF is huge and this is the season we need to start beating FSU again. ACC Championship win is a necessity. Was listening to Josh Pate and he is hinting that it is highly likely that ESPN will not choose to extend (whether that extension option is even legal today is another issue), and the ACC will be in a complete free fall ... with ESPN moving 4 or more to the SEC while a few head to the B10. I just wish that Radacovitch was more "neutral" in his public comments than strongly supportive of the ACC, which has shown to be a trash conference that has been operated with little or no regard for the member schools.

Advertisement
The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero

Advertisement

Also, his entire perception of what’s happening is based on optics and optics alone. Go back and look at his tweets. Prior to the Clemson suit he was talking about how he hadn’t heard anything about Clemson in awhile and things had even potentially cooled with them. Now they’ve definitely got an offer because they filed suit. Again, all optics.

Advertisement
The opener against UF is huge and this is the season we need to start beating FSU again. ACC Championship win is a necessity. Was listening to Josh Pate and he is hinting that it is highly likely that ESPN will not choose to extend (whether that extension option is even legal today is another issue), and the ACC will be in a complete free fall ... with ESPN moving 4 or more to the SEC while a few head to the B10. I just wish that Radacovitch was more "neutral" in his public comments than strongly supportive of the ACC, which has shown to be a trash conference that has been operated with little or no regard for the member schools.
A 1 year winning season will not change the optics of the Miami football program. Recent history is not on our side.

Is Rad defending the ACC a smokescreen or does he truly believe the ACC is a viable option? Remember, he was at Clemson for 10 years and knows what it looks like. It may very well be that he sees the writing on the wall that Miami’s options are limited and will be dictated by the networks and the SEC and B1G.

Advertisement
Back