MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
It’s weird reading/listening to fans of teams in the B1G and SEC and like 90% of them do not want Miami in their conference.
That isn't surprising. Why add competition? Fans only look at this from a "Oh great, another school that can theoretically be extremely competitive in our conference". Keep in mind, some schools (UF comes to mind) sees denying Miami entrance into either the B1G or SEC as a chance to crush for good, the one school they can't control, the one school that has frustrated their ambitions for decades. That's why it's pretty much B1G or nothing for Miami.

It’s weird reading/listening to fans of teams in the B1G and SEC and like 90% of them do not want Miami in their conference.
What is the reasoning used by most in not wanting Miami in the conference?

If it's the typical "they play dirty" tripe from 40 years ago, that is no big deal. That's just fear of Miami becoming a juggernaut again and bad blood from the past.

If it's "they haven't been successful in over 20 years or they are lucky to fill half their stadium for most games", I'm not sure how we as fans could really argue against either one of those stances.

Advertisement
If something that is for the most part beyond our control(We can lobby all we want, but if we don't control whether the B1G or SEC adds us or anyone else) something that would turn you off to Miami, then hit the bricks. Seriously. We're all frustrated, but honestly, tired of the "If I don't get my way" nonsense from the cheapest, least involved fanbase in collegiate athletics.

The point that was made, that you obviously missed is that there may be multiple things going on and us not filing a lawsuit doesn't preclude it happening. It's shameful how many of our "Fans" run to the worst possible scenario, despite a complete lack of evidence. We also don't know a **** thing about what the SEC/B1G thinks about all of this and whether they are going to add anyone else. FSU/Clemson may be trying to force a breakup, in the hopes of getting in, and the SEC/B1G may straight up reject them and us. Who knows?
Don't act like fans run to negativity.. negativity runs to us because the school has failed for 20 years... from Coker vs. Alvarez, to Shannon to Diaz to Mario to Gino to JD to Blake James to Rad to Frenk to more than one facet of the University ..

Wake Up... I love the University, but they deserve only pressure to achieve excellence and no benefit of the doubt...

This is one mistake that we simply CANNOT make... Big 2 or we are ****ed...

We were 4-0 riding high and got completely outcoached out of a bye, came back to win the game and our meathead coach couldn't ******* kneel in one of the most egregious decisions in sports history.

We got a gift from Mark Richt retiring and paid millions to hire Manny Diaz

We fire Diaz to pay $80M to a .500 coach who is the lesser game day coach every time we step on the field...

We got a gift from Gino and hired JD ...

We hired Larry Coker because the players wanted him vs. Barry Alvarez...

This is the short, yet long history on ineptness of only the sports side of the institution....

They don't have a history of moving like ninjas, they have a history of being slow, inept and asleep at the wheel.

Prove us wrong Miami. We are here. We are at games. Prove us wrong.

Don't act like fans run to negativity.. negativity runs to us because the school has failed for 20 years... from Coker vs. Alvarez, to Shannon to Diaz to Mario to Gino to JD to Blake James to Rad to Frenk to more than one facet of the University ..

Wake Up... I love the University, but they deserve only pressure to achieve excellence and no benefit of the doubt...

We were 4-0 riding high and got completely outcoached out of a bye, came back to win the game and our meathead coach couldn't ******* kneel in one of the most egregious decisions in sports history.

We fire Diaz to pay $80M to a .500 coach who is the lesser game day coach every time we step on the field...

This is the short, yet long history on ineptness of only the sports side of the institution....

They don't have a history of moving like ninjas, they have a history of being slow, inept and asleep at the wheel.

Do you have this saved to cut and paste as needed

Fact of the matter is Miami doesn’t have much leverage in this situation and being a private school is a distinct disadvantage. Not having much success on the football field for over 20 years decreases Miami’s appeal even further.

The state schools have the political entities that will back them up and also have more recent success in CFB - namely the semenholes and Clemp$on. Even though UNC hasn’t had much more success in football than Miami, their basketball program is highly visible and they obviously have more political capital than Miami. UVA can hold claim to being a highly regarded educational institution even though their sports programs are mediocre at best.

I have no clue how all of this realignment will end up but Miami is obviously low on the totem pole and will need some extraordinary behind the scenes maneuvers to secure a spot in what seems to be an inevitable 2 - maybe 3 - super conference CFB landscape in the very near future.

Advertisement
If i purchase a house from a real estate agent who has apparent authority from the seller, and then it turns out the seller never authorized any of the deal, i don't get to keep the house. I get to sue the fraud real estate agent.

I think a closer analogy would be if the seller gave a properly executed general power of attorney to the real estate agent. If the real estate agent is acting in good faith, then unless the power of attorney was fraudulent, the court is likely going to tell the seller "This is going to be an expensive lesson.You are a moron for giving a general power of attorney to your real estate agent. Sorry, it's a valid deal."

There is an infinitesimally small chance that a court will reverse the sale if the seller immediately files a lawsuit as soon he learned about the transaction. The problem is FSU will need to show they had absolutely no idea that Phillips extended the deadline without their knowledge. I find that hard to believe, but ACC leadership sucks donkey balls in general, so I wouldnt be shocked if this really was kept under wraps.

Fact of the matter is Miami doesn’t have much leverage in this situation and being a private school is a distinct disadvantage. Not having much success on the football field for over 20 years decreases Miami’s appeal even further.

The state schools have the political entities that will back them up and also have more recent success in CFB - namely the semenholes and Clemp$on. Even though UNC hasn’t had much more success in football than Miami, their basketball program is highly visible and they obviously have more political capital than Miami. UVA can hold claim to being a highly regarded educational institution even though their sports programs are mediocre at best.

I have no clue how all of this realignment will end up but Miami is obviously low on the totem pole and will need some extraordinary behind the scenes maneuvers to secure a spot in what seems to be an inevitable 2 - maybe 3 - super conference CFB landscape in the very near future.
Lol Miami is not obviously low on the totem pole

Advertisement

I hate to admit that I am grateful to UNC right now. They are the one school that is preserving my sanity and allowing me to believe UMs leadership is not totally incompetent. UNC is without a doubt the most desirable ACC program for both the SEC and B1G. They voted to keep out the 3 new schools because it would make it harder to disband the acc. But even though they'd be first in line for the P2, they haven't filed a lawsuit against the acc. They seem to think the acc is still salvageable. So we're not screwed yet. But if UNC is the next team to sue the acc, I think it means we're headed to the Big 12. And if that's the case, I'd rather stay independent and sign a TV deal with Telemundo.

Advertisement
Lol Miami is not obviously low on the totem pole
Comparatively speaking, Miami is low in the pecking order. Higher than the bottom feeders of the ACC, but lower than FSU, Clemson, UNC, and a couple of others. That’s that stark reality and unless the Miami powers that be are working miracles behind the scenes, Miami will be left with their ****s in their hands.

Does anyone think 3 24-school conferences could work??

B1G
SEC
ACC/Big 12 - where would payouts have to be to try and compete with other two??
That’s where this is eventually going. Then the B1G and SEC will exert their leverage even more and cutoff the big 12 and take pieces from it

Advertisement
Back