MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

We just got invited to the SEC. Players have been notified

Has the coaching search started?

We gonna need a big boy staff

Jason Sudeikis Happy Dance GIF by Apple TV

Advertisement
You can laugh but if you were running the BIG12, and your belief was the BIG10/SEC was courting Miami but not certain they would select them or make them as well paid, why would you not throw that offer out to them? I would.

Don't believe the "bonus money for Miami" you're proposing would fly with the other members of the Big XII, many of which have been more successful in football than we have over the last 20 years.

It would kinda be like Notre Dame walking into the Big Ten office tomorrow and saying, "We're willing to join, but only if you give us more money than Michigan and Ohio State."

How you think that would go over?

We ain't the Miami coming off five National Championships in 19 seasons.

****, the Canes were the SEC commissioner's back-up choice to the semenholes back in 1990 — and that was one year removed from winning it all the first time under Erickson

Advertisement
Don't believe the "bonus money for Miami" you're proposing would fly with the other members of the Big XII, many of which have been more successful in football than we have over the last 20 years.

It would kinda be like Notre Dame walking into the Big Ten office tomorrow and saying, "We're willing to join, but only if you give us more money than Michigan and Ohio State."

How you think that would go over?

We ain't the Miami coming off six National Championships in 19 seasons.

****, the Canes were the SEC commissioner's back-up choice to the semenholes back in 1990 — and that was one year removed from winning it all the first time under Erickson
Fixed it for you we won 6 eff ohio st

He doesn’t and that’s not a shot. I understand him saying Miami needs a kick in the *** because if you are basically not leaking news then the only thing you have Is public statements and small actions, none of which mean anything in the end as history says over and over again despite one action not always corresponding to what follows.

I get it because it’s reasonable to surmise that, for example, Miami voting to allow Stanford and cal in means to some Miami doesn’t have a spot while others voting against do. I can make other arguments about why it doesn’t ******* matter once you knew you couldn’t dissolve the conference vote wise at the time it didn’t matter and protected people you still might like, or thank schools that voted for your aau with a lifeboat, etc but if you are in the boat that Miami will blow this, which I also understand after 20 years of complete and total incompetence, I’m not gonna be able to change your mind until I’m sitting here drinking tea with Receipts. We shall see.
I think that Miami voting them in may "possibly" have to do with a backroom deal they made with the ACC to let Miami out when the timing is right

Advertisement
I think that Miami voting them in may "possibly" have to do with a backroom deal they made with the ACC to let Miami out when the timing is right
That's a rational take and we can't have that on this godforsaken board. I wouldn't be shocked if Miami is intentionally keeping their mouths shut, because there is already a way out, they just need someone else to do the heavy lifting. One thing I've learned from my career, if you have what you want in your back pocket, it's a lot easier to negotiate, and honestly, you aren't going to be nearly as loud and abrasive in the process.

Help me here.

Mario Cristobal is a head COACH of a football team.

We’re talking about moving CONFERENCES for sports. What does a football programs ability to keep RECRUITING quiet have to do with leaking of conference speak? I would think that’s a convo Cristobal is largely on the outside of.

The UVA prez in a sworn affidavit said the January vote to sue FSU was unanimous. Maybe you have a different definition for "unanimous." UM might have abstained, but it definitely didn't vote against the lawsuit, unless you believe the UVA president lied in his affidavit.

Big 12's response:

Will Ferrell Lol GIF

If we end up in the Big 12, it's because we couldn't get into the Big Ten or SEC — and, in which case, we'd have zero leverage.

It'd be a brutal outcome in many ways, including some unforeseen.

I wouldn't follow Canes Football any less, but I'm sure a lot of UM fans would fall by the wayside.
If we end up in the B12 it will be .... because the ACC was dissolved and Miami blew their chance at being relevant and joining the P2. Watch for games with Stetson to be scheduled shortly thereafter to fill out the schedule.

Help me here.

We’re talking about moving CONFERENCES for sports. What does a football programs ability to keep RECRUITING quiet have to do with leaking of conference speak? I would think that’s a convo Cristobal is largely on the outside of.
In most situations, Mario would just be the HC. But right now, he's the most empowered HC that Miami has had in a very very long time. There isn't an important football related matter on campus that doesn't run through him. I'm confident in saying that he is involved in conference realignment discussions.

Advertisement
Does anyone think 3 24-school conferences could work??

B1G
SEC
ACC/Big 12 - where would payouts have to be to try and compete with other two??
you'd think it would be the addition of the ACC percentage PLUS the Big 12 percentage. That would bring the total percentage of money distributed much closer. Could be interesting in terms of the distribution of power. Could also be more attractive for other sports - ie basketball and baseball...

I think that the eventually they will kick NCAA out of mainline CFB and form a 40 to 60 team self governing Premier league with multiple divisions. ... the rest of the Div 1 minnows will follow suit and we will have multiple levels of self governing college football leagues... like soccer in Europe. That is the true and tested administrative and financial model for governing and making money in team sports...
NCAA is an useless parasite as far as revenue generating college sports is concerned.....

Promotion / Relegation would be a lot of fun, it would be fair, inclusive, and fans would love it. It would pretty much solve college football. That's why it will never happen... because America.

I wish it would, though.

Advertisement
The UVA prez in a sworn affidavit said the January vote to sue FSU was unanimous. Maybe you have a different definition for "unanimous." UM might have abstained, but it definitely didn't vote against the lawsuit, unless you believe the UVA president lied in his affidavit.

Apparently neither did Clemson, so what does that really tell you?

That's a rational take and we can't have that on this godforsaken board. I wouldn't be shocked if Miami is intentionally keeping their mouths shut, because there is already a way out, they just need someone else to do the heavy lifting. One thing I've learned from my career, if you have what you want in your back pocket, it's a lot easier to negotiate, and honestly, you aren't going to be nearly as loud and abrasive in the process.
A backroom deal with the ACC is the rational take?

Help me here.

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Apparently neither did Clemson, so what does that really tell you?

I don't know how accurate that statement is. Not saying you are wrong -it's hard to figure who said what and when because the ACC his holding votes to have meetings to hold votes to have meetings.

I know a lot of people here don't like this guy because he doesn't think FSU has much of a legal case. According to him, all the ACC teams except FSU were invited to the Jan 12 meeting. 13 teams of the 15 ACC teams showed up to vote on Jan 12, where they were voting on approval of the amended lawsuit. Two teams didn't show up: FSU because it wasn't invited and a mystery team. The missing mystery team obviously couldn't vote yes or no on the amended lawsuit because it wasn't at the meeting. His guess is that the mystery team was Clemson since it just filed the lawsuit.

Advertisement
Back