MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Yeah, some of you fans @USNAVYCANE are sweating about this more than a fat girl at her sisters wedding.

Miami will be just fine. We are dogs. We have risen from the ashes twice and we will do it again. We won’t win games because of our conference affiliation. Miami wins and we can carry our own conference if needed. There will be no shortage of money if we consistently win 10 games per year.

Advertisement
Calm Down Al Pacino GIF

I will say this AGAIN. If Josh Pate implies we’re going to one of the power 2. We’re going, unlike a lot of the sources yall keep listening to….he’s actually connected. He knows way more than he says on his show so if he specifically said UNC FSU Clemson and Miami. It’s a done deal.

You forgot one important thing: We have some of the most miserable fans on planet earth and they will whine no matter what. No one knows anything, and just because the University of Miami isn't out here leading the way, doesn't mean that they aren't doing what needs to be done behind the scenes. Keep in mind, we know WHY FSU felt compelled to do what they are doing: They are flat broke and honestly, they are up against it worse than we are. Clemson may be piling on, because they see an opportunity to force the ACC to settle and they are willing to take that chance, to accelerate the breakup. Miami sees all of this, and may choose to sit back and let things take their course, while possibly having an invite in their back pocket. Who knows.

I have very little concern that the U is not completely on top of this and that everything will be fine. The leadership decided to commit the U to being serious about competing at a national level in football in 2021; it was not a haphazard decision, it was made with eyes wide open about the seismic shifts coming in college football, and it was made with full understanding of what that would require from the university.

You have to think Rad was hired for this sole purpose. It certainly wasn’t about hiring coaches (baseball is a prime, bad example). Let’s just give this a little time and space and hope that we ultimately end up creating our own destiny rather than relying on others to create it for us.

Advertisement
I have very little concern that the U is not completely on top of this and that everything will be fine. The leadership decided to commit the U to being serious about competing at a national level in football in 2021; it was not a haphazard decision, it was made with eyes wide open about the seismic shifts coming in college football, and it was made with full understanding of what that would require from the university.
I would remind you that we are currently led by a Mexican financier who still thinks that footballs are round, an AD who's forte' is facilities development, and some boosters who made money in law, retail, and other non-sports related industries..............................when people like Josh Pate do not mention us when talking about ND, UNC, NCSt., VaT, and point out that MIAMI VOTED TO EXPAND THE ACC TO THE WEST COAST, I get nervous........

Advertisement
I would remind you that we are currently led by a Mexican financier who still thinks that footballs are round, an AD who's forte' is facilities development, and some boosters who made money in law, retail, and other non-sports related industries..............................when people like Josh Pate do not mention us when talking about ND, UNC, NCSt., VaT, and point out that MIAMI VOTED TO EXPAND THE ACC TO THE WEST COAST, I get nervous........

Cane brotha, Miami is getting in the Big Ten

We all just gotta have a little more patience

Highlights for those who can't view:

MAIN TAKEAWAY:
He is stating (through his own multiple sources- TIFWIW) that Miami is making behind-the-scenes moves, and is likely to be among the 4 going to the P2 (FSU/CU/UNC) ahead of Notre Dame as the feeling is now that Notre Dame is going to be waiting since they want to stay indie longer with NBC deal set and are now getting more money from the CFP than even ACC members are going to.

- Been doing work- maybe not to Clemson level but not "just sitting on their hands"
- Miami knows there is interest in them from B1G - fox especially and likely with FSU though could be different combinations

Basically saying if each takes 2, that's the four once they are available in the not-too-distant future.

He also just kind of reviewed the past comment by Dan R and other reports like yesterday from Barry Jackson.

My take on Flugar (Peak Around The Corner guy) - he has got some things right- USC to B1G even LA Times said he had first, and like all of this got some things wrong but I think he is actually way better sourced today by just keeping at it and focusing on the realignment stuff. He has some excellent callers on the legal side. He's also not infallible at all nor are his callers. Genetics and he hate each other btw.

There ya go, TIFWIW

Last edited:
i just dont think we have a home yet due to the oregon and washington moves happening sort of surprisingly for the b10. ND will always have a home due to their tv viewership but we dont have the ND eyeballs on tv ratings. oregon and washington were just in a prime spot to make a jump due to no GOR and no conference buyouts.

Squid urn likes to take inaccurate information that fits his narrative and run with it. Wrong again. He is worse than any of the "Twitter dudes".
No offense but your posting is a summary of jack-in-the-box supposed attorneys from the FSU board and a throw a bunch of **** against the wall Twitter ****.

Nobody knows **** about what is going on behind the scenes.

Advertisement
Miami was confirmed as one of the 5 teams that voted to hold the Jan meeting to vote on suing FSU, so while it's possible it voted to hold the meeting and then didn't attend, it seems a lot more plausible that it either voted yes or abstained on suing FSU. We know for certain none of the teams at the meeting voted "no."

And this part is my opinion - UM could have said no to holding the meeting in the first place (like it could have said no to adding 3 teams) , but it looks to me wanted to give the acc the opportunity to to fire a warning shot at FSU.
Wrong.

A group of schools voted in favor of filing a lawsuit against FSU and a separate group voted to discuss the matter at a January meeting ... UM was part of the second group.

I'm very well aware of who is leading us on this and would say that your understanding of it is less than accurate.

Advertisement
We need to stay put in the ACC. Let PHLEMson and FSPoo leave, we would dominate this conference with the way we are recruiting and our NIL. People forget we were part of a dumpster conference (Big East) when we dominated college football. Winning the ACC will lock us into a playoff spot. Let’s be smart about this. No need to **** with what we got when we haven’t won **** yet. The last picked kickballers on here wanting to change conference is laughable. **** off with that stupidity. GO CANES
Video gif. A puzzled little girl stares in confusion.

You forgot one important thing: We have some of the most miserable fans on planet earth and they will whine no matter what. No one knows anything, and just because the University of Miami isn't out here leading the way, doesn't mean that they aren't doing what needs to be done behind the scenes. Keep in mind, we know WHY FSU felt compelled to do what they are doing: They are flat broke and honestly, they are up against it worse than we are. Clemson may be piling on, because they see an opportunity to force the ACC to settle and they are willing to take that chance, to accelerate the breakup. Miami sees all of this, and may choose to sit back and let things take their course, while possibly having an invite in their back pocket. Who knows.

I agree with that and Miami will be fine. It's all about $$$. If you just look at the whole picture from 10,000 feet it's easy to see that Miami adds value to the networks and that alone means we'll be fine. Putting Miami on TV against Ohio State, Penn State, Florida, Alabama, etc makes everyone money, so for that reason, 10000 feet, it will get done. It's like gravity. If there's more money to be made, it will get made.

What I don't agree with is blaming the fans or calling them whiners. Man just look at the last 20 or so years and tell me why Miami fans shouldn't be cynical and ****ed off? They tore down our beautiful and historic home (the OB) and put us in a teal stadium that's an hour from campus, they hired shoestring budget coach after shoestring budget coach, we've won like 7 games a year average, we've never won the conference in all the time we've been in it, we have annual matchups against the likes of Duke, Pitt, Wake, Syracuse, Virginia, etc.... the admin has ****ed this fanbase at every turn and ONLY NOW in the last 2 years or so have they finally decided to right the ship. A lot of Miami fans don't trust Miami and I say for good reason.... it's not the fans being whiners, it's that the admin has to EARN our trust back by showing us something and getting actual results instead of promises.

Advertisement
Back