MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Give it a month GENTS. Let the media cycle through March madness, Easter, spring practice, the election, etc.

The guys that control the media are waiting for us to drop our bombshell come late April, early May for the dead period in news. Keep the hamster rolling on this hamster wheel of 24/7 media coverage. We’re far too valuable to be LEFT OUT.

Advertisement
The UVA prez in a sworn affidavit said the January vote to sue FSU was unanimous. Maybe you have a different definition for "unanimous." UM might have abstained, but it definitely didn't vote against the lawsuit, unless you believe the UVA president lied in his affidavit.

Unanimous of those voting perhaps. You only need 10 members present to have a quorum to vote

Screenshot-2024-03-19-at-7-28-12-PM.png

Good find Spy

Pretty apparent that Matt Baker has become FSU's go-to guy when they want to leak things to the mainstream media. He's been way in front of his newspaper competition on this story, including the Tallahassee Democrat.

Regardless of whether UM leaves for a different conference than fsu or Clemson, those two leaving only speeds up the ACC's implosion

Time Watch GIF
Now that Clemson has filed suit as well. Miami will have to attend meetings to gather info to feed to them. I'll bet Clemson's AD who was Rad's assistant are more in kahoots that people think. FSU and Clemson both need a program to continue to gather info.

Last edited:
Unanimous of those voting perhaps. You only need 10 members present to have a quorum to vote

Miami was confirmed as one of the 5 teams that voted to hold the Jan meeting to vote on suing FSU, so while it's possible it voted to hold the meeting and then didn't attend, it seems a lot more plausible that it either voted yes or abstained on suing FSU. We know for certain none of the teams at the meeting voted "no."

And this part is my opinion - UM could have said no to holding the meeting in the first place (like it could have said no to adding 3 teams) , but it looks to me wanted to give the acc the opportunity to to fire a warning shot at FSU.

Last edited:
Now that Clemson has filed suit as well. Miami will have to attend meetings to gather info to feed to them. I'll bet Clemson's AD who was Rad's assistant are more in kahoots that people think. FSU and Clemson both need a program to continue to gather info.

Translation: The enemies of my enemy are my friends

Advertisement
Translation: The enemies of my enemy are my friends

"Jim is my enemy. But it turns out that Jim is also his own worst enemy. And the enemy of my enemy is my friend. So Jim, is actually my friend. But, because he is his own worst enemy, the enemy of my friend is my enemy so actually Jim is my enemy. But..." - Dwight Schrute

Quick reminder that the four Pac 12 schools joined the big 12 were adamant that they weren’t going anywhere 24 hours before they announced they were leaving
Fraggle moves quietly and behind the scenes.

Gato is a level 10 ninja assassin.

ACC won't even know it's dead as it utters the final words to him....

Always a sure thing betting another man's ********s.

I wanna go to Vegas with you gato.

Duke wouldn’t go to the SEC even if they had an invite. If you know anything about the Duke people, they’re as sanctimonious as it gets and there’s no way they would slum it with the SEC. They have plenty of loot and would be fine not even having a football program. UNC is about the same although not as bad.

Advertisement
We need to stay put in the ACC. Let PHLEMson and FSPoo leave, we would dominate this conference with the way we are recruiting and our NIL. People forget we were part of a dumpster conference (Big East) when we dominated college football. Winning the ACC will lock us into a playoff spot. Let’s be smart about this. No need to **** with what we got when we haven’t won **** yet. The last picked kickballers on here wanting to change conference is laughable. **** off with that stupidity. GO CANES

We need to stay put in the ACC. Let PHLEMson and FSPoo leave, we would dominate this conference with the way we are recruiting and our NIL. People forget we were part of a dumpster conference (Big East) when we dominated college football. Winning the ACC will lock us into a playoff spot. Let’s be smart about this. No need to **** with what we got when we haven’t won **** yet. The last picked kickballers on here wanting to change conference is laughable. **** off with that stupidity. GO CANES

Do...do you know about the money?

Sorry doom-and-gloomers, but Miami is going to the B1G with ND.

FSU and Clemson have been tied at the hip on this matter since Day 1 despite some folks feverishly insisting UM and Clemson were working side by side because of DanRad.

FSU and Clemson and whoever else are going to the SEC. We'll less contentiously head out the back door once the ship starts to sink.

The whole thing is 100% scripted: Sankey, Petitti, ESPN and FOX are in alignment
Well, ****.

Advertisement
Do...do you know about the money?
Of course I do…by simply winning this conference, we will be fine with money. You act like our NIL is a poverty program. Dont be an idiot sheep listening to the clown show on here. We have a top tier NIL with an admin fully committed to football. We start winning and putting dudes in the league like we used to and it won’t matter what conference we are in when we are going to the playoffs. Be a man and think for yourself. Jesus! GO CANES

Of course I do…by simply winning this conference, we will be fine with money. You act like our NIL is a poverty program. Dont be an idiot sheep listening to the clown show on here. We have a top tier NIL with an admin fully committed to football. We start winning and putting dudes in the league like we used to and it won’t matter what conference we are in when we are going to the playoffs. Be a man and think for yourself. Jesus! GO CANES

Ah, so you don't know about the money. Ok.

Advertisement
Quick reminder that the four Pac 12 schools joined the big 12 were adamant that they weren’t going anywhere 24 hours before they announced they were leaving
I agree with your memory regarding USC and UCLA.

As soon as Colorado announced the move to the Big 12, Oregon, Washington, and the other PAC 12 schools were on the get out of Dodge bandwagon. About a week later, they were in the Big 10 at 40 cents on the dollar to everyone else.

Whatever happens to Miami - be USC/UCLA, not Oregon/Washington.

The dude who has been here for less than eight months does not fear a big two only national championship playoff. I feel oddly comforted.

Not

Ah, so you don't know about the money. Ok.
He knows about the money. We all know about the money. It's always nice to have more of it and hopefully the Canes will end up in the P2 as life will be MUCH easier.

Let's not pretend though that the Canes have had that advantage in the past and will need it as a crutch moving forward. There was something special about being that underestimated, small, private, independent school which knocked college football on its ***. If the cool kids don't pick us to have lunch at their table, oh well, as long as we can get into the cafeteria, we can still steal their lunch. :sneaky:

(Just don't fall down to the G5 level, then our goose is cooked lol)

Advertisement
Back