MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Advertisement
just scanned it and it seems like Clemson's argument is that:

1. the $140million exit fee is illegal
2. the media rights only exist as long as Clemson is IN the ACC. So as soon as they're gone, the media rights leave with them

Advertisement
Jim Phillips needs to compromise and pivot or he's going to be left with no conference at all.

When the biggest teams in your conference are suing you so they can leave, you have no future. The best path forward for the ACC is to acquire more G5 type programs, let the true P2 schools leave at a negotiated exit rate/GOR buyout, and survive as a G5 type conference.

His stubbornness is going to lead to the ACC completely falling apart like the Pac12 did.

Advertisement
Jim Phillips needs to compromise and pivot or he's going to be left with no conference at all.

When the biggest teams in your conference are suing you so they can leave, you have no future. The best path forward for the ACC is to acquire more G5 type programs, let the true P2 schools leave at a negotiated exit rate/GOR buyout, and survive as a G5 type conference.

His stubbornness is going to lead to the ACC completely falling apart like the Pac12 did.
They have the numbers to absorb 2/3 departures, hence why the addition of SMU, Cal and Stanford was vital for the mere survivor of the conference (unlike the pac-12) but P4? Yeah, ACC teams can forget about that.

And you know who is one of the winners of this story? Brett Yormark and the Big 12 which will become the third-best conference. They said they were dead after UT and OU left.

Fingers crossed
I tend to agree but will say that Miami is the one school that could just let fsu do all the blocking and we follow up the gap as it relates to state law ruling.

I hope Miami takes the more aggressive route, they will eventually have to take an action, but I won’t also wouldn’t be doom and gloom if it’s not instant

Advertisement
I tend to agree but will say that Miami is the one school that could just let fsu do all the blocking and we follow up the gap as it relates to state law ruling.

I hope Miami takes the more aggressive route, they will eventually have to take an action, but I won’t also wouldn’t be doom and gloom if it’s not instant
This is also a valid point

Advertisement
Back