MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Still waiting for Mr. "Ironclad" NorthernVaginaCane to chime in again. I wonder where he disappeared to.
I'm sure he'll eat his plate of crow if and when FSU wins their lawsuit. Until then, what else does he need to add?

And if FSU should not be successful? Uh oh.

Advertisement
I'm sure he'll eat his plate of crow if and when FSU wins their lawsuit. Until then, what else does he need to add?

And if FSU should not be successful? Uh oh.
You must be missing a lot of info that has come out. It is happening and ESPN can't even extend GOR because the deadline has passed and the commisioner CAN NOT extend deadline without a 2/3 vote taken. The GOR is nonexistent after the 2026 football season. Yes I am calling him out because the GOR was the furthest thing from being "ironclad."

You must be missing a lot of info that has come out. It is happening and ESPN can't even extend GOR because the deadline has passed and the commisioner CAN NOT extend deadline without a 2/3 vote taken. The GOR is nonexistent after the 2026 football season. Yes I am calling him out because the GOR was the furthest thing from being "ironclad."

smackdown live what GIF by WWE

It is happening and ESPN can't even extend GOR because the deadline has passed and the commisioner CAN NOT extend deadline without a 2/3 vote taken.

As I understand it, the deadline is February 1, 2025 for ESPN to confirm whether it will seek a nine-year extension that would kick in July 1, 2027.

5CN4 do you have links to new articles confirming those dates/years as well as ACC policy requiring a two-thirds "YES" vote (12 of 18 members) to approve the extension?

That would seem to be a massive difference-maker in favor of the schools looking to GTFO

As I understand it, the deadline is February 1, 2025 for ESPN to confirm whether it will seek a nine-year extension that would kick in July 1, 2027.

5CN4 do you have links to new articles confirming those dates/years as well as ACC policy requiring a two-thirds "YES" vote (12 of 18 members) to approve the extension?

That would seem to be a massive difference-maker in favor of the schools looking to GTFO
It is on the other site with the guy named guy Gary Ferman that everybody hates so much...........with good reason. A poster put out what they are saying within FSU about their case. Findings in their case are true. A lot of interesting info in the posts over there.

Advertisement
It is on the other site with the guy named guy Gary Ferman that everybody hates so much...........with good reason. A poster put out what they are saying within FSU about their case. Findings in their case are true. A lot of interesting info in the posts over there.
That is my thread on CaneSport and the information comes from the 1820 page thread on Warchant where several attorneys have posted each filing as made and dissected them. Everybody was shocked when the ACC admitted this week that the extension granted to ESPN was in fact an AMENDMENT to the 2106 agreement and as per ACC bylaws any amendment requires 2/3 member approval. Therefore the extension granted will 99.9% be foun void if the case ever makes it to a judge.

Speaking of TV money Pual vs Tyson fight on Netflix. Imagine when cfb hit Netflix. Part of the streaming problem is most ppl don't want to pay for multiple services, but most houses have Netflix at least.
That fight is setting up to be a disaster. If Paul wins, he’s going to brag about beating one of the greatest HW of all time regardless of the guy being nearly 60.

Right now the ACC only has 15 voting members. Cal/Stan/SMU are not members until June 30, 2024. . So we still have a couple of months in which 8 votes are sufficient to dissolve the ACC.

Advertisement
That is my thread on CaneSport and the information comes from the 1820 page thread on Warchant where several attorneys have posted each filing as made and dissected them. Everybody was shocked when the ACC admitted this week that the extension granted to ESPN was in fact an AMENDMENT to the 2106 agreement and as per ACC bylaws any amendment requires 2/3 member approval. Therefore the extension granted will 99.9% be foun void if the case ever makes it to a judge.

Right now the ACC only has 15 voting members. Cal/Stan/SMU are not members until June 30, 2024. . So we still have a couple of months in which 8 votes are sufficient to dissolve the ACC.

Good stuff RickD.

Great job by you and others digging through the minutiae that could potentially/hopefully sink the ACC and free the Canes after two decades of wasted football in this garbage conference.

If my math's correct (for once), it would take six "No" votes among the 15 current members (including the Leprechauns) to put a fork in the extension. I've felt like Miami and ND will vote in tandem since we'll end up in the B1G together, but I feel like both schools want to keep their hands clean in the ACC's death.

Might fsu/Clemson/UNC/NC State/UVA and VA Tech all vote "NO" to clear their collective path to the SEC?

Last edited:
Good stuff RickD.

Great job by you and others digging through the minutiae that could potentially/hopefully sink the ACC and free the Canes after two decades of wasted football in this garbage conference.

If my math's correct (for once), it would take six "No" votes among the 15 current members (including the Leprechauns) to put a fork in the extension. I've felt like Miami and ND will vote in tandem since we'll end up in the B1G together, but I feel like both schools want to keep their hands clean in the ACC's death.

Might fsu/Clemson/UNC/NC State/UVA and VA Tech all vote "NO" to clear their collective path to the SEC?
Wouldn't be surprised to see Miami take an active stance, finally, with Clemson to vote to dissolve. That would make sense with all of the earlier comments that "Clemson and Miami are joined at the hip in seeking an out from the ACC". Timing is everything and with the media guys all "picking their teams" for the P2, it seems like it might just be a procedural exercise in sticking a pin in the ACC and let it deflate.

Advertisement
Plus you got guys like Pate talking like this about things:

Plus this FSU guy making his statements:

Josh Pate is legit. He is an actual sports and news journalist backed by a major network. He was a regional OTA TV sports news anchor for several years. Has hundreds of thousands of followers on his new channel ... and is respected by coaches, AD's and media people everywhere. When he comments "can't say much but what I can say is that 1). They are talking and 2). Everything is on the table and being evaluated" ... it is true.

Advertisement
Josh Pate is legit. He is an actual sports and news journalist backed by a major network. He was a regional OTA TV sports news anchor for several years. Has hundreds of thousands of followers on his new channel ... and is respected by coaches, AD's and media people everywhere. When he comments "can't say much but what I can say is that 1). They are talking and 2). Everything is on the table and being evaluated" ... it is true.
Yes indeed brother, that is exactly why I posted his video, but also the one of the guy with connects to FSU who has been on top of this stuff from the start.

Advertisement
Back