MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

This may be the most cut and pastable post CIS has ever seen..

I’ve been reading through _____ posts. So far, I don’t think anything he has predicted has come true. Also, based on the way he interacts with others , the guy is an arrogant, pompous ***. He may have some info, but he’s got a punchable personality.

😎
i-hear-you-talking-about-me-listening.gif

Advertisement
Brad Crawford's tweet said "UNC is essentially telling the Big Ten and SEC that 'we're a package deal with NC State' in expansion".

I assume they're trying to keep that Raleigh media market together. USC and UCLA were a packaged deal. So was OU and Texas.

Honest question here. Do we have a partner in all this?

UNC wants to go with NC State.
ND only cares about ND.
FSU appears to be (are they?) focused on getting themselves out.

Would Clemson and Miami being a package make any sense?

To summarize the thread …

Miami and Clemson
Then

Miami and ND
Then

Miami and FSU

Now, Miami and ***** in own hand..

Brad Crawford's tweet said "UNC is essentially telling the Big Ten and SEC that 'we're a package deal with NC State' in expansion".

I assume they're trying to keep that Raleigh media market together. USC and UCLA were a packaged deal. So was OU and Texas.

Honest question here. Do we have a partner in all this?

UNC wants to go with NC State.
ND only cares about ND.
FSU appears to be (are they?) focused on getting themselves out.

Would Clemson and Miami being a package make any sense?
Best Friends Bff GIF by reactionseditor

Advertisement
I'm not the closest to the program, but I will say that since the staff got here it seems like they expected a *certain* conference would be our new home. Don't know how the ND situation changes that, and maybe we should have been more ballsy as a result, but I will say that conference was not the ACC.

I hope you’re right but hope seems to be all we’ve got these days

25+ years of inept administration is why we are in the position. Athletic department has not had a forward looking leader since Sam J. I don't have confidence in Rad. I was encouraged when he was hired. But his baseball hire and apparent complacency with realignment are very discouraging.

Advertisement
Unfortunately, 90% of this info in this thread is a whole lot of nothing, minus the few people that do have some info and insight that have shared their thoughts since day 1. Imho, there's five takeaways here that, with limited information or observation, we can make.

1. Depending on the situation, Miami seems to be the 2nd to 4th team that the Big 10 hopes to add in a future expansion. Where we fall on the pecking order depends on which variables are thought to be the most important for the conference (Fox view of ratings/brand, ND wanting a spot, perception of us by Big 10 presidents, etc.). Miami may not be an immediate expansion member, but may receive it's invite prior to the next Big 10 contract, which means anytime in the next 6 years.

2. There doesn't seem to be a path for Miami in the SEC. There hasn't been any expressed interest of whispers of any momentum there. I can speak to this a bit, as I do have a friend with SEC contacts, and they have repeatedly said that SEC schools do not want Miami in the conference primarily for recruiting reasons. Big "but" here, the SEC seems to be far more locked down on leaks and info than the Big. Nobody in the world had any idea that Texas and OU were going to the SEC, until the near moment it was announced.

3. There's been a lot of posts and talk about Genetics. My take on him is that he's a guy with some pretty good sources plugged into Big 10 politics and current events. However, I do think (for purposes of content and engagement) that he stretches his info and extrapolates it beyond a reasonable measure. As his account has become more prominent, the extrapolation has become more pronounced. I also think other school's insiders use him to launder their talking points. The chief example of this is when he made that post about Miami athletics and financials. I know for a fact that 95% of the info in that post was blatantly false, and that a good amount of it read like fan fiction from Warchant.

4. Miami generally understands that staying in the ACC would be a death sentence for the FB program. Miami Athletics is working in a much more quiet manner than its other ACC competitors in figuring out its next steps. Rudy Fernandez, Dan R., key members of the BOT, and big $$$ donors are leading the way here. This is not a situation where Miami is sleeping at the wheel. Miami knows that it has to find a landing spot, the Big 10 being the most likely destination. However, this leads into the next point...

5. Oregon and Washington's move to the Big really really screwed a quicker expansion timeline for us. Also, the GOR was always an obstacle that we would need to overcome.

Imho, based on the very limited information we seem to have, I think the Big takes 4 teams in its next expansion, with Miami being one of those teams. The process could be expedited by a big turnaround by us this year. If we make the playoff (not saying we will), it would give us a lot of leverage and reset some expectations.
I agree with you. You have succinctly summarized the good info from this thread. I believe that we are watching this FSU vs ACC battle closely and will follow them out the door once the price tag is known (which will be at a reduced rate.) It seems to me, based on what I have read, that the ACC is merely trying to stretch this case out to milk as much $$ as they can before the end that they KNOW is on the horizon.

This may be the most cut and pastable post CIS has ever seen..

I’ve been reading through _____ posts. So far, I don’t think anything he has predicted has come true. Also, based on the way he interacts with others , the guy is an arrogant, pompous ***. He may have some info, but he’s got a punchable personality.

😎
You’re welcome. Go ahead and use it. Just for you, no royalty payments required.

Advertisement
4. Miami generally understands that staying in the ACC would be a death sentence for the FB program. Miami Athletics is working in a much more quiet manner than its other ACC competitors in figuring out its next steps. Rudy Fernandez, Dan R., key members of the BOT, and big $$$ donors are leading the way here. This is not a situation where Miami is sleeping at the wheel. Miami knows that it has to find a landing spot, the Big 10 being the most likely destination. However, this leads into the next point...
A special thanks for this particular tidbit of info here

Advertisement
I agree with you. You have succinctly summarized the good info from this thread. I believe that we are watching this FSU vs ACC battle closely and will follow them out the door once the price tag is known (which will be at a reduced rate.) It seems to me, based on what I have read, that the ACC is merely trying to stretch this case out to milk as much $$ as they can before the end that they KNOW is on the horizon.
Interesting take and LeedsCane agreed.........hmmmmmmmmm

They didn’t have the votes before it either
Yes I do get that, however, without adding them it would have been easier to get the votes to disband as soon as FSU wins the case when other programs jump onboard to protect their future. After the ACC disbands even the Big 12 is a better option than the ACC for future TV contract $. The writing would be on the wall and getting enough votes would be easier by then.

With that being said, it would have been easier to disband the ACC without adding them
They are not voting members until June 2024 ... so if there is a united effort and 8 teams have homes ... the ACC can be dissolved before they join.

Miami generally understands that staying in the ACC would be a death sentence for the FB program. Miami Athletics is working in a much more quiet manner than its other ACC competitors in figuring out its next steps. Rudy Fernandez, Dan R., key members of the BOT, and big $$$ donors are leading the way here. This is not a situation where Miami is sleeping at the wheel. Miami knows that it has to find a landing spot, the Big 10 being the most likely destination. However, this leads into the next point...

Thank you for the informative post, especially the above point. I loved reading this.

Advertisement
Back