MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

If we had a guaranteed spot in the P2 we wouldn’t have voted the PAC schools/SMU in

mood GIF

I think it was an attempted ****block. You want to try and dissolve the GOR? Guess what, now there are 3 more teams that are going to vote no.

Advertisement

Genetics got put in a sleeper hold by the above attorneys take.

View attachment 283343

This guy probably cares about keeping the ACC around. He could be NorthernVaginaCane's best friend!

FSU has blown a hole in the extension of the GOR by the commissioner without a vote by members. At the worst the GOR should end when the 2026 season is over because ESPN has not extended it. They also did a great job pointing out the nepotism in the deal and Swofford operating on the betterment of his son vs what was right for members. That is JMO, but I am no lawyer.

Last edited:
Nobody is currently "negotiating the ACC exit" so your question isn't relevant.

Frenk is going to go along with whatever his advisors suggest. He has proven that he at least knows what he doesn't know.
The President and the BOT both can not be stupid enough to give up what B1G membership means for the academic side either. The conference affiliation means even more to the academic side (research $) than it does to the AD, which is enormous as well. They honestly would have to all be brain dead. Just because they are tight-lipped (unlike FSU) it doesn't mean they are sitting on their hands doing nothing either. This **** is likely to be a free for all (no pun intended) after FSU breaks out. Some will be jumping to B1G 12 as well because the future TV contracts there will be more in the future once the ACC implodes.

Personally I think both Rad and Frenk want to stay in the acc for different reasons. Rad because he was one of the biggest proponents for the GOR and his signature achievement was creation of the acc network. He's not likely going to do a 180 and say his signature achievement was garbage. When fsu started making noise about leaving, he doubled down that he wanted to make the acc stronger. He could have backed their play but didn't. And then he voted to expand the acc. Why? My guess is that he is worried that if FSU leaves the acc won't have enough teams. One realistic way of getting out of the GOR was to vote to dissolve the acc. Probably needed only 2 more teams to find a home somewhere else and they would have enough votes to disband. He easily could have voted with FSU, Clemson, and UNC to keep the 3 teams out but instead he voted yes, and basically slammed the door shut on getting out of the ACC through a vote.

Frenk wants the acc to survive because of academic prestige. UM has plummeted in the school rankings since he took over. Now we have Stanford and Cal, two of the best universities in the country. The ACC is absolutely the best academic conference, and moving to the B1G or SEC would mean academics take a backseat to athletics. And he'd vomit at the idea of merging with the B12, as they are garbage academically across the board.

Again this just my personal belief. I think the end result will be some renegotiation with espn and a little bit more money after 2027, but UM is not changing conferences until at least 2030.

ESPN is never going to renegotiate. Miami is finished as a footballing power if we are still the ACC in 2030.

at least FSU might die with us if they fail to escape.

Advertisement
Frenk wants the acc to survive because of academic prestige. UM has plummeted in the school rankings since he took over. Now we have Stanford and Cal, two of the best universities in the country. The ACC is absolutely the best academic conference, and moving to the B1G or SEC would mean academics take a backseat to athletics. And he'd vomit at the idea of merging with the B12, as they are garbage academically across the board.

Again this just my personal belief. I think the end result will be some renegotiation with espn and a little bit more money after 2027, but UM is not changing conferences until at least 2030.
The conference that demands that all it's schools must be a member of the AAU, The conference that distributes 100's of millions of dollars through the BTAA to it's member schools for research.
The B1G has more prestige in academics than the ACC, and it's not even close.

Last edited:
Advertisement
The conference that demands that all it's schools must be a member of the AAU, the co. The conference that distributes 100's of millions of dollars through the BTAA to it's member schools for research.,
The B1G has more prestige in academics than the ACC, and it's not even close.
Northwestern is a top tier academic institution, and for a state school, Michigan is up there with the likes of UVA (or at least in the neighborhood).
The ACC has the following top tier institutions: Cal, Standford, BC, DUKE and then if you go with VERY strong, it's UVA, UNC, WAKE.

Not looking to get into a back and forth on that, but as someone who knows a lot about higher ed (it's part of my career), I can tell you that only the IVY League sports conference can sniff the ACC when it comes to top tier academic schools.

Northwestern is a top tier academic institution, and for a state school, Michigan is up there with the likes of UVA (or at least in the neighborhood).
The ACC has the following top tier institutions: Cal, Standford, BC, DUKE and then if you go with VERY strong, it's UVA, UNC, WAKE.

Not looking to get into a back and forth on that, but as someone who knows a lot about higher ed (it's part of my career), I can tell you that only the IVY League sports conference can sniff the ACC when it comes to top tier academic schools.
I'm just going to say this and leave it here.
Every single publication that I've seen, aside from the IVY ranks the B1G as the next best academic program. ACC is fine, but it's not on the same level.

763 pages of nothing.
I dunno man... I enjoy the matter of fact arrogance followed up by words like "hope" a few posts later by the same posters....

I mean, I am sure Rad and Frenk have all of this under control, because getting left out would be death and that just won't happen ...

Back to our regularly scheduled arrogance (as Miami falls further down the pecking order)....

Last edited:
Advertisement
I dunno man... I enjoy the matter of fact arrogance followed up by words like "hope" a few posts later by the same poster....

I mean, I am sure Rad and Frenk have all of this under control, because getting left out would be death and that just won't happen ...

Back to our regularly scheduled arrogance (as Miami falls further down the pecking order)....
I think we get out ... only issue is timing. IF there is substance to the ND smoke and they do join the B10 with FSU ... then it would most likely be the 28/29 window when the B10 does their next contract revision .... unless we maybe move with a partial share for a couple of years. Would love to see them take FSU / Miami and ND with a scheduling agreement. FSU / Miami is a long time rivalry and paired with "Catholics and Convicts" those games would draw a huge viewership.

I agree except I’d put BC in the “very strong” category and not “top tier” category. BC is NOT on the same level with Cal, Stanford and Duke.

Don't see how there will be "a little bit more money after 2027" when FSU will definitely be gone and possibly UNC / UVA. If the ND smoke has substance, the ACC without FSU / ND / UNC won't sniff the current contract amount. Miami was part of the "magnificent seven" so I am hoping that Radakovich believes that the ACC is dead man walking.
True. And if those schools along with UVA, the conference's academic ranking takes a hit as well.

Advertisement
I dunno man... I enjoy the matter of fact arrogance followed up by words like "hope" a few posts later by the same posters....

If you're going to say that "hope" is a bad thing to hang your hat on, then the other side of the coin is also true- there is no evidence that Miami is falling down any pecking order.

The people who say that have an agenda. Genetics has an agenda - he's a BIG mouthpiece. The BIG would love for Miami to A.) Not have any other options... that way they can offer us half shares like UO and UW. B.) Join the FSU lawsuit, that way they can sign Miami up if we win the suit, and aren't on the hook for anything if we lose.

The SEC isn't going to leak their interest, just like they didn't leak interest in Texas or Oklahoma. And the BIG has every incentive to leak out that support is wavering for Miami, so that they can prod us in to acting right now instead of waiting.

Miami is going to do what is best for Miami from a financial perspective. When people on twitter are saying we're falling down the pecking order, consider who they are and what their self-interest is as to why they would be saying that.

Miami is a hugely valuable brand, located in the absolute best place in America from a college football perspective.

Anybody who is from Miami should be immune to this kind of amateur hustle, to be honest. "Buy now, this deal ends tomorrow" is the oldest hustle in the book. Be smarter than that. Miami has a ton of value to either of the P2 conferences.

Advertisement
Back