MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Yes, but why would you compare our President to their AD? Likely only two reasons; you made a mistake or you like talking **** on Miami. Not sure which one.
Frenk isn't a very progressive guy regarding sports ... my opinion and others ... UM alums ... have voiced the same comment. ND just made a huge upgrade in THEIR athletic department with a former Chairman of one of the largest media groups in the world and now, all of a sudden, it appears as though they are "jumping in line" basically taking our slot for this next round of B10 expansion. UM = laid back and very conservative while ND has stepped it up.

There you go again. "By all accounts." Whose account, yours?
Do you even bother to read any commentaries besides your own? There are multiple threads on conference realignment on virtually every sports site. The current topic is the next realignment moves by the B10 and SEC. There are threads on this site, on 247, a huge one on Warchant, one one Canesport, and several media types like Josh Pate and several of the twitter "guys" that have some connections to and insight into ...the Big 10 and SEC.

Virtually every "informed" comment by anybody that supposedly has ANY connections to the SEC that I have seen has been consistent ... the SEC has no interest in Miami, their prime current interest would be in UNC / UVA for geographic consolidation purposes, taking them to 18. I have not seen ONE comment by any "pundit" or twitter "source" stating the SEC is interested in or would even consider Miami.

Miami has been mentioned repeatedly as a program that the Big 10 is interested in, with a pecking order, with ND being first, FSU second, then potentially either Miami or UNC. Is that information in the form of a press release from the Big 10 and SEC conferences? No. If that is the confirmation level you're looking for you won't find it on Canesinsight or any other program forum. It is called a discussion forum for a reason. To voice opinions on topics of interest.

What is a concern is that he is talking about both conferences being 20 teams ... B10 is already at 18 (with USC/UCLA/OR/WA) and adding FSU + ND takes them to 20. Miami not a take by the SEC by all accounts. Is Miami then SOL? For how long?
He actually said 18,20,22 or whatever number they finish at. He didn’t give a hard number of 20. Then he mentioned the playoff with the ACC NOT having any of the big boys around. He basically is hinted that the ACC is going to be gutted soon.

Advertisement
Do you even bother to read any commentaries besides your own? There are multiple threads on conference realignment on virtually every sports site. The current topic is the next realignment moves by the B10 and SEC. There are threads on this site, on 247, a huge one on Warchant, one one Canesport, and several media types like Josh Pate and several of the twitter "guys" that have some connections to and insight into ...the Big 10 and SEC.

Virtually every "informed" comment by anybody that supposedly has ANY connections to the SEC that I have seen has been consistent ... the SEC has no interest in Miami, their prime current interest would be in UNC / UVA for geographic consolidation purposes, taking them to 18. I have not seen ONE comment by any "pundit" or twitter "source" stating the SEC is interested in or would even consider Miami.

Miami has been mentioned repeatedly as a program that the Big 10 is interested in, with a pecking order, with ND being first, FSU second, then potentially either Miami or UNC. Is that information in the form of a press release from the Big 10 and SEC conferences? No. If that is the confirmation level you're looking for you won't find it on Canesinsight or any other program forum. It is called a discussion forum for a reason. To voice opinions on topics of interest.

Oh ok, so "by all accounts" means pundits and twitter "sources." Got it. Well if you want to take that as gospel, that's on you.

But if you really want, you can go look up posts by Cribby on this very thread, he says SEC. And there were plenty of national pundits saying it as well, including Paul Feinbaum over the summer.

SEC moves in silence. Nobody knew Texas and OU were going there until the deal was sealed. That's how they operate. So you really don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Oh ok, so "by all accounts" means pundits and twitter "sources." Got it. Well if you want to take that as gospel, that's on you.

But if you really want, you can go look up posts by Cribby on this very thread, he says SEC. And there were plenty of national pundits saying it as well, including Paul Feinbaum over the summer.

SEC moves in silence. Nobody knew Texas and OU were going there until the deal was sealed. That's how they operate. So you really don't know what the **** you're talking about.
Then don't freaking bother reading ANYTHING in this thread because there is nobody that knows what is ultimately going to happen with conference destinations due to the new developments we are seeing ... like ND all of a sudden potentially joining the B10. Until the media guys actually end THEIR negotiations anything is possible ... even FSU ending up with ESPN and the SEC.

Frenk isn't a very progressive guy regarding sports ... my opinion and others ... UM alums ... have voiced the same comment. ND just made a huge upgrade in THEIR athletic department with a former Chairman of one of the largest media groups in the world and now, all of a sudden, it appears as though they are "jumping in line" basically taking our slot for this next round of B10 expansion. UM = laid back and very conservative while ND has stepped it up.
Why not just compare him to Rad then???

Why not just compare him to Rad then???
Do whatever makes you feel good. I mentioned Frenk because he is mentioned as a dead man walking and hasn't succeeded in improving / maintaining the academic ranking of UM. Believe it was around #40 when he took over and it is now #67, significantly behind FSU #53 and UF who used to be close to Miami but has moved up to #28. Julio has other issues to think about besides "futbol". I was disappointed when he was hired ... was rooting for the retired Admiral ... felt he would do a fantastic job with the university AND the football program.

Advertisement
Do whatever makes you feel good. I mentioned Frenk because he is mentioned as a dead man walking and hasn't succeeded in improving / maintaining the academic ranking of UM. Believe it was around #40 when he took over and it is now #67, significantly behind FSU #53 and UF who used to be close to Miami but has moved up to #28. Julio has other issues to think about besides "futbol". I was disappointed when he was hired ... was rooting for the retired Admiral ... felt he would do a fantastic job with the university AND the football program.
1708974997709.gif

It just seemed a little unfair to compare two completely different positions. I don’t necessarily disagree with your statements, they just seem to be presented poorly in my opinion is all.

View attachment 283337

It just seemed a little unfair to compare two completely different positions. I don’t necessarily disagree with your statements, they just seem to be presented poorly in my opinion is all.
I think you both could be right. I think at ND the AD is kind of running the show on sports. Miami I think Frenk is generally in charge of this issue. Not sure what RAD is doing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think you both could be right. I think at ND the AD is kind of running the show on sports. Miami I think Frenk is generally in charge of this issue. Not sure what RAD is doing.
A very connected Cane Alum told me point blank the conference decision is Frenk / BOT. Period. I am sure they do rely on input from Radakovich but definitely not to the degree that ND is relying on their former Chairman of NBC Sports. This current realignment saga is one in which media partners are doing a lot of the heavy lifting, back channeling, negotiating, horse trading. The former chairman of NBC sports is right at home in that environment.

Advertisement
Back