MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I agree with pretty much everything you've posted in this thread. So I'm not saying you're wrong here. I do wonder if Sports Media Watch cherry picked this data though.

Colorado won 10 games in 2016 and Deion's first year was 2023. But between 2017-2022, they went 24-42. They were unwatchable. Even their students didn't bother.

I have a really hard time believing they averaged in 2.78 million viewers. Which then makes me question the rest of the chart.

With all the realignment talk I can't help but think we're starting to see cherry picked data to make arguments (again, not yours) look weaker/stronger than they actually are.

Deion was the hottest topic during the 2023-24 Football year. He had a strong social media & TV media following. The numbers are correct, as this was the first time that Colorado was a prime time (no pun intended) product due to the hype, particularly after they started 3-0.

Again, it’s why I’ve pleaded & encouraged this fan base to step outside the Orange & Green Glass House & explore. I can unequivocally tell u before the 2023-4 season, I’ve hardly seen CU on Nat’l TV & I’m in PAC-12 country. After Deion, they were regularly featured, & the thing is ppl were tuning in either to watch them succeed or to watch them fail b/c they became a villain in many FB purist eyes.

IMHO, if they would’ve kept up their winning ways, those numbers would’ve been even higher. The viewership began to taper off as the season progressed.

Advertisement
I agree with pretty much everything you've posted in this thread. So I'm not saying you're wrong here. I do wonder if Sports Media Watch cherry picked this data though.

Colorado won 10 games in 2016 and Deion's first year was 2023. But between 2017-2022, they went 24-42. They were unwatchable. Even their students didn't bother.

I have a really hard time believing they averaged in 2.78 million viewers. Which then makes me question the rest of the chart.

With all the realignment talk I can't help but think we're starting to see cherry picked data to make arguments (again, not yours) look weaker/stronger than they actually are.
A lot of weird active choices on that chart. Excluding FSU games during a period when they were bad, excluding games on ESPN2 and FS1 (huge inflator for the Big 12 schools), etc. That excludes most of Colorado’s pre-Deion games, in addition to the fact that PAC 12 Network isn’t Nielsen rated, leaving a very 2023 biased sample for them.

Deion was the hottest topic during the 2023-24 Football year. He had a strong social media & TV media following. The numbers are correct, as this was the first time that Colorado was a prime time (no pun intended) product due to the hype, particularly after they started 3-0.

Again, it’s why I’ve pleaded & encouraged this fan base to step outside the Orange & Green Glass House & explore. I can unequivocally tell u before the 2023-4 season, I’ve hardly seen CU on Nat’l TV & I’m in PAC-12 country. After Deion, they were regularly featured, & the thing is ppl were tuning in either to watch them succeed or to watch them fail b/c they became a villain in many FB purist eyes.

IMHO, if they would’ve kept up their winning ways, those numbers would’ve been even higher. The viewership began to taper off as the season progressed.
But the chart says 2016-2023. One year of Deion was enough to boost the average of the 5 years prior? Its wild.

SEC has no interest in Miami period, doesn't fit their school profile (large state school, state flagship, large student body and stadium). The media evaluations (viewership) stats have been posted ad nauseam on various "realignment" threads. FSU and Clemson have BOTH dominated the ACC by a very wide margin over the prime evaluation periods (past 10 years; pas 20 years) that have been used for media evaluations. The FSU numbers blow away Miami ... and look at the time Miami has been in the ACC without winning the Conference even once. Mario needs to have a big season with at least 10 wins, win the ACC, and win a freaking bowl game in order to TRY to lock up a seat on the Big 10 transfer list. If not ... it is going to be brutal to attempt to compete.

By 2020 the B10 will be distributing in excess of $100 million per school. The ACC, without FSU / ND / UNC / UVA ... will end up with ESPN a). Not extending the current media deal past it's expiration date of 6/27 ... any NEW deal will be dramatically less without those teams and the ACC payout per school will end up in the $30 Million per school range .... less than the current $40M. So, by 2030 there will be a $70Million per school differential between P2 and ACC media revenue per school. By that time players will be employees, and the ACC "payroll" will be attracting only a lower level player than the P2. Be part of the Big 10 ... or become a participant in a conference that will be similar to the Patriot League ... we can schedule Stetson for OOC games.

SEC offered a formal invitation for Miami to join back in the 90’s. You have no idea what the SEC’s interest is. At the beginning of this thread, all the insiders were saying SEC for Miami. If that has changed, it’s because Miami prefers the BIG, not because it’s our only option.

SEC moves in silence, nobody knew Texas and Oklahoma were joining until it announced.

We’re located in the SEC footprint and we’re one of the top 5 brands remaining on the board. If the league lands Miami and another travel partner like FSU or Clemson, then they lock the BIG out of the Southeast

But the chart says 2016-2023. One year of Deion was enough to boost the average of the 5 years prior? Its wild.

2023, CU avg. 8.83m viewers across their 4 prime time games across Fox, ESPN, & ABC (crazy stat), & 6m overall (3rd highest behind Bama, & OSU).

Found a 2022 article that CU’s market is the 16th largest in the nation (Denver, Co)

From 2016-2021, Colorado had an avg. 1.756m views across both The PAC-12 Network/Streaming (increasing year to year). Now, unfortunately I can’t find what their viewership was for 2022, but if it’s increased year to year, I would assume that viewership would be around 1.8-2. The approx math on this would avg. around 2.3 just based upon a blind unknown. So it’s not far fetched to see CU avg. 2.75m views w/ an absurd boost in viewership due to Deion.

Advertisement
SEC offered a formal invitation for Miami to join back in the 90’s. You have no idea what the SEC’s interest is. At the beginning of this thread, all the insiders were saying SEC for Miami. If that has changed, it’s because Miami prefers the BIG, not because it’s our only option.

SEC moves in silence, nobody knew Texas and Oklahoma were joining until it announced.

We’re located in the SEC footprint and we’re one of the top 5 brands remaining on the board. If the league lands Miami and another travel partner like FSU or Clemson, then they lock the BIG out of the Southeast
90's were 30 years ago. I will stand by my comment that the SEC has no interest in Miami regardless of what Miami interest might be. The SEC footprint of interest it in consolidating the "confederate battle flag states" so UNC is currently THE brand of most interest by the SEC followed by UVA .... THAT is the "most likely pair" to be added according to people who are quite close to the SEC.

Lol; r u really trying to compare the SEC offering an invitation to us during our hottest period when we were not only a super power, but the bad boys of CFB, to now? Lol.

Last edited:
A wise poster on this board pointed out this nightmare scenario months ago. Oh that's right. It was me.

Miami's best course of action now is sabotage. Have to c0ckblock any chance of fsu or Clemson leaving. Convince the ACC to value to their media rights at 1 billion each, and get all the other acc teams to agree they will not allow the acc to negotiate a lower buyout. Get Disney in on the action and their high priced lawyers can make it impossible for them to leave. If each school wants to pay a billion to leave the acc, then they are free to leave. Sorry Noles, we're dragging everyone else under the water with us.

Dave Chappelle Omg GIF

So, as usual on this thread, there’s no actual updates beyond speculation and conjecture but the mopes and bedwetters are already writing our obituary.

The worst thing you can do in a situation with no/extremely limited information is to try and extrapolate. Especially when your prior (like 75% of the people on this board) is we’ve sucked for 20 years so we should just mail it in since nothing good can happen to us. Contrary to what you all may think, there’s actually some competent people in the FB program and in admin right now. They understand that we need to leave the ACC.
You realize that Julio Frenk is still here? The BOT is basically the same? THEY are making conference related decisions .... certainly not Mario or even Dan Radakovich. You think THEY (Julio and the BOT) understand that we need to leave the ACC?

Advertisement
Conclusion: Miami needs to get on a multiple 10+ season win + bowl/CFP roll or the program will be permanently left behind. No one making the big decisions cares what Miami was in the 1980s, early 1990s, and a brief period 2000-2003. The only people who care are us.

Problem is we’re not winning and haven’t consistently for 20 years.

The time is now.

Advertisement
90's were 30 years ago. I will stand by my comment that the SEC has no interest in Miami regardless of what Miami interest might be. The SEC footprint of interest it in consolidating the "confederate battle flag states" so UNC is currently THE brand of most interest by the SEC followed by UVA .... THAT is the "most likely pair" to be added according to people who are quite close to the SEC.

That’s your opinion and that’s fine…but it’s backed by zero evidence or logic.

Believe what you want, man

And the ‘bad boys of college football’ character is done. A relic of a bygone era we can now rewatch 30-for-30 reruns.
At the very least, Mario wants a semblance of that back. He understands what Miami is supposed to look, play, and feel like.

He just needs to take a knee and reflect on the ways he can improve his coaching to get there.

The BiG already took Rutgers and Maryland based on their potential NYC and DC markets. They’d take a resurgent Miami. We literally just need to win. But now’s the time.

Advertisement
You realize that Julio Frenk is still here? The BOT is basically the same? THEY are making conference related decisions .... certainly not Mario or even Dan Radakovich. You think THEY (Julio and the BOT) understand that we need to leave the ACC?
Then it is up to Rad to make them understand that we need to get out of the ACC if we want to survive.

At the very least, Mario wants a semblance of that back. He understands what Miami is supposed to look, play, and feel like.

He just needs to take a knee and reflect on the ways he can improve his coaching to get there.
Mario wants a hard-working, physical, explosive playmaking team.

I don’t believe he wants the showboating and prancing, taking your helmet off, saying ‘look at me, look at me.’ All that does is draw penalties. We all saw how he lit into Kam (I think) after an interception penalty in a game two years ago. I think Kam spun or slammed the ball and drew a 15 yard on unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. Maybe it was a bad call, maybe it wasn’t, but it doesn’t matter. It was a dumb play that drew a penalty, and that Mario won’t have.

I think it makes sense for both the Big10 and SEC to go for all of ND, FSU, Miami, and UNC regardless what happens and who chooses where. Those are the 5 biggest brands left (including Clemson, but imo thats really only SEC), and should all be pushed for asap. I fully agree its in the SECs best interest to 100% lock down the South by getting FSU, Miami, UNC, and Clemson. Same way it's in Big10s best interest to get ND, FSU, Miami, and UNC as well.

The BiG already took Rutgers and Maryland based on their potential NYC and DC markets. They’d take a resurgent Miami. We literally just need to win. But now’s the time.

If memory serves, the existing B1G contract says B1G can charge more money from cable providers carrying B1G network if B1G adds a member in a new state not previously covered. Something to that effect. In that scenario, Florida would be new state. But conference doesnt get money for the 2nd/3rd school from a state.

So if FSU goes first by themselves or with ND, they trigger more money to be paid to the conference due to contract language.

There would be no additional trigger if/when Miami joins. I’m not sure the $$$ incentive will be there for an ad hoc invitation to Miami by themselves. What’s ironic is that all models had Miami partnering w/either FSU (now) or ND (later). But I think there’s a real chance the realignment party is going to stop soon and we’re not going to have any partner.

Advertisement
Back