MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Definitely not too soon to panic. Again, IMO Miami gets into the P2 at some point. But I wouldn’t bet one singular dollar on that happening very soon. Really none of the metrics these guys care about line up for us to get an invite, especially when you consider FSU is higher in the pecking order.

I don’t get into this thread too much anymore because it’s just such a slow moving process and things change and nobody really knows how all this shakes out in the end, but in all actuality, this should be the only thing any of us are discussing here. It’s the literal future of the program. If FSU and ND get into the B1G, they close shop, and the SEC does the same, this program is over. Hard to say that, but it’s true. Yeah, we’ll still play football. But in very short order, we’ll be completely blown past by everyone in the P2 while we play tummy sticks with the losers in the ACC or Big 12.
If BIG10 was smart, they'd shove all in to get Notre Dame, FSU, UNC, AND Miami. Each of the 4 should be irrelevant to the other, the Big10 should try to get as many as they can.
If the SEC were smart they'd go all in for FSU and UNC.. From there they can choose whether they want any other NC/VA school or Clemson and Louisville. And to me I think the SEC would still be very smart to keep us from the Big10 as well.

So to me the Big10 should go for Miami regardless what happens. I really don't know why anyone really cares much about there being an even amount of teams in the conference or not. Either they are good enough to get in or they aren't. And we all know if the Big10 added FSU and Miami today, they would not reject ND tomorrow even if they came solo. So why change plans based on NDs timeline? FSU and Miami being together is far better for either conference than not.

Definitely not too soon to panic. Again, IMO Miami gets into the P2 at some point. But I wouldn’t bet one singular dollar on that happening very soon. Really none of the metrics these guys care about line up for us to get an invite, especially when you consider FSU is higher in the pecking order.

I don’t get into this thread too much anymore because it’s just such a slow moving process and things change and nobody really knows how all this shakes out in the end, but in all actuality, this should be the only thing any of us are discussing here. It’s the literal future of the program. If FSU and ND get into the B1G, they close shop, and the SEC does the same, this program is over. Hard to say that, but it’s true. Yeah, we’ll still play football. But in very short order, we’ll be completely blown past by everyone in the P2 while we play tummy sticks with the losers in the ACC or Big 12.

Should have taken a knee, sorry I kid

Agreed and that is a scenario that really sucks for our athletic programs. Gonna be a harder sell to recruits for Mario and crew if we are stuck in the nobody conference with a bunch of leftovers.
If Miami wins football games, none of this matters. They aren’t many teams, maybe only ND, that can match Miami’s potential for TV ratings. Yes, we have to win first, but all those fans across the country hate Miami. They hate Miami so much, they will watch them to see if they lose. Maybe some of you guys are too young or forgot that fact.

Also, it’s not as big a deal to miss out on the p2 right now as it was before. Confederate flag dude is correct in that we will increase revenue if other teams leave, especially if we can get “win” bonuses.

The expanded playoff changes things. The SEC/BIG will still get too many teams in, but their selection advantage is diminished with more selections. It hurt worse when they could take 3 of 4 spots.

Recruiting???? Give me a break. If you need to be affiliated with a certain conference to be a good recruiter, then I would argue that you never were a great recruiter. Do you think conference affiliation would have stopped Saban, JJ, or Butch from acquiring the best talent?

One last thought, things change. Teams rise and fall. In my lifetime, I’ve seen the Canes be as dominant as Saban Alabama, Clemson win multiple NCs after being a “Georgia Tech” for most of my lifetime, witnessed Oregon transform from a G5 type school to a powerhouse, saw Colorado win a National Title, watched as Auburn went from SEC royalty to also rans, sat on the couch and watched a top ranked Nebraska beat Oklahoma 7 years in a row, was a fan as USC and FSU rose and fell multiple times, couldn’t believe the meteoric rise of Boise State to perennial BCS Bowl Game participants, and read all the conference realignment twists and turns over the last year in this thread.

The world changes, focus on yourself.

Last edited:
If BIG10 was smart, they'd shove all in to get Notre Dame, FSU, UNC, AND Miami. Each of the 4 should be irrelevant to the other, the Big10 should try to get as many as they can.
If the SEC were smart they'd go all in for FSU and UNC.. From there they can choose whether they want any other NC/VA school or Clemson and Louisville. And to me I think the SEC would still be very smart to keep us from the Big10 as well.

So to me the Big10 should go for Miami regardless what happens. I really don't know why anyone really cares much about there being an even amount of teams in the conference or not. Either they are good enough to get in or they aren't. And we all know if the Big10 added FSU and Miami today, they would not reject ND tomorrow even if they came solo. So why change plans based on NDs timeline? FSU and Miami being together is far better for either conference than not.
I would mostly agree, but would argue for Texas A&M over North Carolina. That’s my opinion and likely different from those in the Big Ten.

Advertisement

It’s about money if they add people and that means that the contract leaves less money for current schools - they’re not gonna add you. If you’re going to be neutral or add money under the current contract than they will. The reason why some might have to wait in theory is for the next contract to get negotiated.

Genetics is full of ****. He knows he is full of ****. Big 10 wants Miami badly, but Miami isn’t available right now. If we were, they would be trying to get us there. We’re a five time national champion. Get real.

Zero chance the Big 10 is slow playing Miami or any of the other big ACC programs (unc, nd, fsu). IF they were, then Miami would just join the SEC which may end up happening anyway.

Genetics knows this but he’s just pushing the old “deal ends tomorrow so you better buy today” sales gimmick to create false urgency.

Miami has a choice of either P2 conference when they become available, and there is no need to rush in to anything. Miami has a huge national brand and everyone who matters knows this very well

Advertisement
So if I’m following Genetics on Notre Dame: last summer they were “closer to joining the Big Ten than anyone knows,” then they were staying independent but somehow splitting a 7 game package between Fox and NBC (still think this was hysterically implausible), then, when they resigned with just NBC, they were going to do a scheduling agreement with the Big Ten, and now they’re joining the Big Ten and he’s credible because he’s the last person that would ever tell you that (even though he spent months last summer hinting at it).
He is full of ****.

Look, I have no idea really when it comes to Notre Dame but I think it’s also very possible that people are misread the situation with them. It doesn’t really benefit them as much as people are saying because they think people are a freak out that they can’t get a bye.

In order for them to get a buy, they would have to play an extra game in a conference championship. They would then have to win it. If they lose the game, they probably still make the playoffs but they have now played an extra game that they wouldn’t have to play as a pure at large team.

And even in a scenario where they are still independent, and been ranked number one through four, they still get the benefit of not having played that extra game at a neutral field, and instead most likely hosting and making the money from a home game as the 5-eight seed in the current format or something similar if it goes to 14 or 16 which might only involve a couple of buys available anyway

They are really not out as much as people are thinking, and potentially have to play one less game than many others who would go to a conference title game, lose and then be playing again anyway

And in comparison to being in the conference championship game as their 13th- they are likely playing a future top 5-8 seed vs hosting a home game against 9-12

Not sure for them that’s worth all that much vs their independence and instead moving to a scheduling agreement plus move their other sports over
Multiple years of them seeing weaker conference champions getting byes in the playoffs no matter what ND's record is could grind down their will. I agree with you though, they do get the benefit of not having to play a conference championship game and that probably will keep them satisfied.

This Is Bad Uh Oh GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Last edited:
Multiple years of them seeing weaker conference champions getting byes in the playoffs no matter what ND's record is could grind down their will. I agree with you though, they do get the benefit of not having to play a conference championship game and that probably will keep them satisfied.

ND isn’t stressing not getting a 1st round bye at all. Like you said, they don’t play a champ game so it balances out anyway. 12 team playoff **** near guarantees them a spot almost every year and they can stay Indy. They’re sitting pretty.

Advertisement
Genetics is full of ****. He knows he is full of ****. Big 10 wants Miami badly, but Miami isn’t available right now. If we were, they would be trying to get us there. We’re a five time national champion. Get real.

Zero chance the Big 10 is slow playing Miami or any of the other big ACC programs (unc, nd, fsu). IF they were, then Miami would just join the SEC which may end up happening anyway.

Genetics knows this but he’s just pushing the old “deal ends tomorrow so you better buy today” sales gimmick to create false urgency.

Miami has a choice of either P2 conference when they become available, and there is no need to rush in to anything. Miami has a huge national brand and everyone who matters knows this very well

Far fewer people watch Miami on TV than you and others seem to think, and that’s all that matters here.

Five time national champion…..literally nobody cares who makes these decisions. At all. Literally no one. Who turns on the TV when you play? That is IT. These guys aren’t trying to create the most powerful conference made up of members who won championships 40 years ago. It’s all about television revenue. MONEY. That’s all this is. It’s nothing about football. It’s all about MONEY. And sure, Miami has a national brand. But we’re not the TV draw that ND or FSU are. We don’t have a massive alumni base. And all these guys care about is turns TVs on to watch the product and cornering certain markets. If you get FSU, do you need Miami? Maybe, maybe not. But thinking we have some free path into either P2 conference because “we’re Miami” is incredibly silly.

Far fewer people watch Miami on TV than you and others seem to think, and that’s all that matters here.

Five time national champion…..literally nobody cares who makes these decisions. At all. Literally no one. Who turns on the TV when you play? That is IT. These guys aren’t trying to create the most powerful conference made up of members who won championships 40 years ago. It’s all about television revenue. MONEY. That’s all this is. It’s nothing about football. It’s all about MONEY. And sure, Miami has a national brand. But we’re not the TV draw that ND or FSU are. We don’t have a massive alumni base. And all these guys care about is turns TVs on to watch the product and cornering certain markets. If you get FSU, do you need Miami? Maybe, maybe not. But thinking we have some free path into either P2 conference because “we’re Miami” is incredibly silly.
The PAC 12 implosion hurt Miami’s B10 chances and now ND is pushing Miami back again. If UM admin isn’t aggressively interested in the B10 now and we have to wait until 2027 or later it will hurt the program both financially and from broadcast exposure, viewership and recruiting.

Advertisement
I just have a hard time believing there's a scenario out there where Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern, Vanderbilt, Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue, Missouri, Arkansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Mississippi State, South Carolina etc are all in a P2 conference and Miami isn't.

Eventually the scales will balance.

But Miami is in this scenario because they road the ACC coattails instead of investing to be the cream of the crop.

The PAC 12 implosion hurt Miami’s B10 chances and now ND is pushing Miami back again. If UM admin isn’t aggressively interested in the B10 now and we have to wait until 2027 or later it will hurt the program both financially and from broadcast exposure, viewership and recruiting.
^^this^^ @Rickd is one of the few guys on this board that seems to have the correct amount of testosterone and low estrogen and comments clearly on the situation and understands the position I am in. everything is fluid. just like recruiting. the rest of you pansies are too emotional and probably need to get your labs checked and see where you estrogen levels are.

Advertisement
Back