MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

IMG_3832.jpeg

I still don’t think there’s a world where Miami doesn’t get into the P2 at some point relatively soon but it would be pretty helpful if the athletic department could do good athletics at some point.

Advertisement
View attachment 283134

I still don’t think there’s a world where Miami doesn’t get into the P2 at some point relatively soon but it would be pretty helpful if the athletic department could do good athletics at some point.
Seriously, is it to soon to be in chicken little mode or for us to assume the sky is falling? Never thought I’d see a day where it is assumed that UVA is more valued in CFB than us. Sheesh

Seriously, is it to soon to be in chicken little mode or for us to assume the sky is falling? Never thought I’d see a day where it is assumed that UVA is more valued in CFB than us. Sheesh

Definitely not too soon to panic. Again, IMO Miami gets into the P2 at some point. But I wouldn’t bet one singular dollar on that happening very soon. Really none of the metrics these guys care about line up for us to get an invite, especially when you consider FSU is higher in the pecking order.

I don’t get into this thread too much anymore because it’s just such a slow moving process and things change and nobody really knows how all this shakes out in the end, but in all actuality, this should be the only thing any of us are discussing here. It’s the literal future of the program. If FSU and ND get into the B1G, they close shop, and the SEC does the same, this program is over. Hard to say that, but it’s true. Yeah, we’ll still play football. But in very short order, we’ll be completely blown past by everyone in the P2 while we play tummy sticks with the losers in the ACC or Big 12.

Not too soon imho. If smoke about ND is true about moving to B1G sooner rather than later, that’s a gamechanger.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we thought we would eventually go in as ND partner.

B1G end game was always to get ND and P2 was the most logical way to get them there. But if they don’t have to go to that extent to force ND’s hand, than there is really no reason to expand just to expand. They will have everything they want and be able to max shares. Any new member after FSU and ND get in would not move the needle from a payoff perspective.

Last edited:
Definitely not too soon to panic. Again, IMO Miami gets into the P2 at some point. But I wouldn’t bet one singular dollar on that happening very soon. Really none of the metrics these guys care about line up for us to get an invite, especially when you consider FSU is higher in the pecking order.

I don’t get into this thread too much anymore because it’s just such a slow moving process and things change and nobody really knows how all this shakes out in the end, but in all actuality, this should be the only thing any of us are discussing here. It’s the literal future of the program. If FSU and ND get into the B1G, they close shop, and the SEC does the same, this program is over. Hard to say that, but it’s true. Yeah, we’ll still play football. But in very short order, we’ll be completely blown past by everyone in the P2 while we play tummy sticks with the losers in the ACC or Big 12.
agree with your logic 100.

Our only chance at survival would be if whatever conference we were stuck in still rolls out an incentive payout tilted HEAVILY towards championships and viewership AND Miami gets back to dominating said conference on a yearly basis - think early Big East years. That’s not a combination I see happening so yeah, we will likely be dead man walking once B1G closes shop if they get ND.

Advertisement
agree with your logic 100.

Our only chance at survival would be if whatever conference we were stuck in still rolls out an incentive payout tilted HEAVILY towards championships and viewership AND Miami gets back to dominating said conference on a yearly basis - think early Big East years. That’s not a combination I see happening so yeah, we will likely be dead man walking once B1G closes shop if they get ND.

VERY doubtful. Like, impossible. I like the outside the box thinking, but the ACC is a morgue. It’s a literal morgue. The longer you’re there, the deader you be. The only chance, literally the only single chance of being a relatively relevant program over the next 10-20 years is to get out of it and somehow crowbar into the B1G or SEC.

Completely agree. Being left behind in the ACC while the rest of the big brands in college football consolidate in a P2 is an existential threat to the future of Miami football and makes all of the other topics seem irrelevant.

I also agree that I have a hard time imagining a world in which Miami doesn't eventually make it into the P2, but the questions of how long that will take and how big of a gap has formed between us and the current members in the meantime are important.

If we see this, then I'd hope that Rad and others understand it as well and are doing everything they can to figure out how to get us in.

Completely agree. Being left behind in the ACC while the rest of the big brands in college football consolidate in a P2 is an existential threat to the future of Miami football and makes all of the other topics seem irrelevant.

I also agree that I have a hard time imagining a world in which Miami doesn't eventually make it into the P2, but the questions of how long that will take and how big of a gap has formed between us and the current members in the meantime are important.

If we see this, then I'd hope that Rad and others understand it as well and are doing everything they can to figure out how to get us in.

Of course they see it. They’ve seen it for months/well over a year. But the problem is, a lotta people want to get into the club. Not everyone makes it past the rope, though. I hope Rad has some dimes he can bring with him that I don’t see normally hanging around him. We’ll see.

Last thing I’m gonna say for tonight, your first paragraph. It’s not an existential threat. It’s the literal life and death of the program. There is no threat. It’s black and white. Get out of the ACC, right now, or die. Period. It’s literally that serious.

Advertisement
Agreed. My question is this though. Why can’t Miami do the same? Would the B1G not be intrigued to get their in into the Florida market at a significantly reduced price?
Sounds like they want ND, FSU then UNC in that order. We’re likely 4th on the list. Hopefully things change with ND and UNC heads to SEC.

Of course they see it. They’ve seen it for months/well over a year. But the problem is, a lotta people want to get into the club. Not everyone makes it past the rope, though. I hope Rad has some dimes he can bring with him that I don’t see normally hanging around him. We’ll see.

Last thing I’m gonna say for tonight, your first paragraph. It’s not an existential threat. It’s the literal life and death of the program. There is no threat. It’s black and white. Get out of the ACC, right now, or die. Period. It’s literally that serious.
Rad’s 65. Hes likely counting down the days till he retires. He’ll be in a home by the time we’re out of the ACC

I thought all the ***** would be at the club on a Friday night

Also stop acting like @Cane & Able aka genetics is infallible

Last edited:
Advertisement
Julio Frenk doesn’t even know what a football is. If we are left out, I wouldn’t be surprised. This stuff seems to be all over the place. Who even knows what actually is going to happen.
Sure he does. We just call it soccer.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back