MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
FSU and Clemson do seem SEC type schools, and Miami and ND (and UNC) seem like BiG type schools. Being in the BiG would be my best case scenario. But to be honest I don’t care where FSU or we go as long as we’re in one of the P2.

I’m super worried we’ll wait too long and be left without a chair when the music stops. Someone tell me we’re going to roll.

Advertisement
I doubt ESPN is too happy with FSU. Lol.
That deal might have been part of the CFP behind the scenes negotiations. ND agreed to the proposal with no concerns stated ... so maybe they ARE joining the B10 ... FOX didn't bid ... letting ESPN take the whole thing (with sublicense rights) ... so maybe that was FOX giving up something in return for ESPN playing ball on the GOR buyback price.

Advertisement
That deal might have been part of the CFP behind the scenes negotiations. ND agreed to the proposal with no concerns stated ... so maybe they ARE joining the B10 ... FOX didn't bid ... letting ESPN take the whole thing (with sublicense rights) ... so maybe that was FOX giving up something in return for ESPN playing ball on the GOR buyback price.

magnus-carlsen.gif

I cannot overstate the joy this would bring me.
I understand the whole narrative about realignment ruining college football...but I'm not sure how anyone could get mad about increasing the frequency of matchups that could potentially be Miami vs Ohio State, Michigan vs Notre Dame, FSU vs Penn State, Miami vs USC, Notre Dame vs Oregon, etc.

Like what world are you living in where that happening = college football is ruined???

Yes, I feel bad for Washington State, Oregon State, and the rest of the low-to-mid level G5 programs that will eventually have to find a new home. But not my school sooooo.......

Advertisement
Will be interesting to see if this ND rumor affects other schools.

The main reason ND may consider joining a conference is if they end up being a top 4 team they still don't get a bye week because they are not a conference champion. No favoritism being awarded to them in the 12 team playoff scenario.

Advertisement
The main reason ND may consider joining a conference is if they end up being a top 4 team they still don't get a bye week because they are not a conference champion. No favoritism being awarded to them in the 12 team playoff scenario.
Not main reason but that doesn’t help. What will they do once Big 10 and SEC leave the NCAA?

I understand the whole narrative about realignment ruining college football...but I'm not sure how anyone could get mad about increasing the frequency of matchups that could potentially be Miami vs Ohio State, Michigan vs Notre Dame, FSU vs Penn State, Miami vs USC, Notre Dame vs Oregon, etc.

Like what world are you living in where that happening = college football is ruined???

Yes, I feel bad for Washington State, Oregon State, and the rest of the low-to-mid level G5 programs that will eventually have to find a new home. But not my school sooooo.......
It is a dream scenario to me. Less matchups vs garbage opponents. Hopefully less BCC and FAMU games. More matchups in games that matter. More reasons to actually show up at the stadium to see games. Scenario's where our entire playoff chance is not over because you lost a game.

Imagine the hate if Miami played Oregon as well. If I am Mario I tell Lanning "Your welcome" for building the team up before he arrived.

Advertisement
Back