MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Isn’t it just from TB Times article??
The concept of FSU buying back media rights WAS mentioned in the ACC filing yesterday .... but NOT in the manner in which BlueBloods is stating. The filing DID NOT state that the ACC is "seeking to negotiate" it simply stated that "in the event that FSU were to negotiate a buy back of their media rights that would be viewed as a commercial transaction and NOT as a penalty imposed by the ACC". They are simply discussing the concept of WHAT PENALTY has been imposed by the conference on a member who wishes to leave. BlueBloods is a hack, click bait site and they feast on misquoting and sensationalism.

They put the work in

They are going to regret missing their chance to be a part of the soon to be merged ACC/Big12 conference.

Trying Not To Laugh GIF

Advertisement

Same insider that broke the UCLA/USC news is breaking this news to the person speaking here.

Advertisement
Jfc they are quoting Greg swain, one of the biggest ******* full of **** “insiders” you can discuss as referenced, hmmm I don’t know , 1000 times already. He claims wrong **** is happening next week every week. Argue with him and he will block you. Do you guys even try to see what the sources are on these?

make it stop

Advertisement
Jfc they are quoting Greg swain, one of the biggest ******* full of **** “insiders” you can discuss as referenced, hmmm I don’t know , 1000 times already. He claims wrong **** is happening next week every week. Argue with him and he will block you. Do you guys even try to see what the sources are on these?

make it stop

Just posting it since it was published today. I don't know anything about Swain. If he's full of crap, he's full of crap. I leave it up to you and others to tell people whether he's a credible source or not as I am not qualified to make that determination. It sounds like you don't think he should taken seriously. Good to know. But in the off chance that he turns out to correct, that would be very bad for us.

Advertisement
Just posting it since it was published today. I don't know anything about Swain. If he's full of crap, he's full of crap. I leave it up to you and others to tell people whether he's a credible source or not as I am not qualified to make that determination. It sounds like you don't think he should taken seriously. Good to know. But in the off chance that he turns out to correct, that would be very bad for us.
First, Swain is a total 100% hack, and is posting rumors for clicks. Second, FSU and Clemson to the SEC would be great for Miami as Miami would then be the next media favorite for the B10, along with UNC as a travel partner. The B10 media partner (FOX) has 0 interest in UVA. Fact is that legit SEC "insiders" have been fairly consistent that the SEC prefers UNC / UVA for geographic consolidation reasons. Not sure if ESPN agrees with that. Whatever the reality is, Swain has no clue.

Agreed. I’m not doing in depth analysis of every article out there, but I liked the insiders saying we were a lock for the B1G with ND a **** of a lot better than 5th or 6th in line to leave…

Agreed. I’m not doing in depth analysis of every article out there, but I liked the insiders saying we were a lock for the B1G with ND a **** of a lot better than 5th or 6th in line to leave…
Every comment I see from sources I view as "somewhat reliable" lists FSU, Miami, UNC, Clemson as THE programs with legit interest in leaving and potentially having a P2 home. UVA is mentioned as an SEC pairing with UNC. Clemson appears to have become somewhat questionable as far as a landing spot. Certainly are a lot of dramatic scenarios being "projected". Some Noles are HOPING the recent comments on a lack of a final CFP deal is because ESPN / FOX are negotiating their exit as one of the dominoes involved. Everybody grasping at straws. B12 fans are assuming the ACC will implode just like the Pac12 and they will have their pick of ACC programs to add. It has become like a feeding frenzy for "hacks" like Swaim, Bluebloods, Fluagar.

Last edited:
Every comment I see from sources I view as "somewhat reliable" lists FSU, Miami, UNC, Clemson as THE programs with legit interest in leaving and potentially having a P2 home. UVA is mentioned as an SEC pairing with UNC. Clemson appears to have become somewhat questionable as far as a landing spot. Certainly are a lot of dramatic scenarios being "projected". Some Noles are HOPING the recent comments on a lack of a final CFP deal is because ESPN / FOX are negotiating their exit as one of the dominoes involved. Everybody grasping at straws. B12 fans are assuming the ACC will implode just like the Pac12 and they will have their pick of ACC programs to add. It has become like a feeding frenzy for "hacks" like Swaim, Bluebloods, Fluagar.
UVA is a more valuable program, but I wouldn't be shocked to see NC State paired with UNC. The state lawmakers are looking out for their own and just passed some kind of measure. I could see it playing out that they will only let UNC go if NC State has a spot as well. Just like UVA requiring VTech to the ACC back when we jumped.

Advertisement
Back