MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

IMG_7199.png

Advertisement
My reading of it is less that it’s a guarantee that North Carolina and North Carolina state are joined at the hip but more directly that if North Carolina goes to the big 10, for example, and North Carolina State doesn’t at North Carolina’s gonna owe them money similar to UCLA with Cal at a minimum. That indirectly means UNC would likely want to advocate for NC State joining them to a potential partner to avoid that.

North Carolina State white system board has more NC State people on it and looks like they’re watching out for their school

Huge amount of info here on UNC/nc state and others from a unc poster post the board of governors meeting

Tl:dr unc focus on acc staying together. Lean sec but know nc state not wanted. Tied together but not for sure they are stuck together.

IMG_6650.jpeg
IMG_6651.jpeg

From his sources that broke USC and UCLA to Big Ten the 20th Big Ten team will be Miami (assuming fsu is 19). Miami has the support of Fox Sports, Michigan, and Wisconsin among others. Ohio State is 100% support of adding Miami as well. It starts somewhere around 37 min mark, but he jumps back and forth and repeats himself alot. But basically Miami is in when ACC implodes.

Advertisement

From his sources that broke USC and UCLA to Big Ten the 20th Big Ten team will be Miami (assuming fsu is 19). Miami has the support of Fox Sports, Michigan, and Wisconsin among others. Ohio State is 100% support of adding Miami as well. It starts somewhere around 37 min mark, but he jumps back and forth and repeats himself alot. But basically Miami is in when ACC implodes.

Yup. Detours and some unexpected developments but trendline and back channel has always been the case

Can things change? Sure are you alive?

IMG_5878.jpeg

Of course Wisconsin did. They've owned Miami's *** the last few times they've played. lol

I hear you, but it sounds like it is dependent on what North Carolina decides. He says ND is their first choice (not gonna happen), UNC is second (he is doubtful it happens?), FSU is 3rd, and then Miami.

Of course Wisconsin did. They've owned Miami's *** the last few times they've played. lol

I hear you, but it sounds like it is dependent on what North Carolina decides. He says ND is their first choice (not gonna happen), UNC is second (he is doubtful it happens?), FSU is 3rd, and then Miami.
It’s not dependent on what unc decides - that’s his take. I don’t personally agree with that take.

let’s say unc delays for whatever reason and nd is like no also. Then big10 offers fsu/Miami and one second after the ink is dry, unc and nd say we want in- they would be in for sure- then you would be at 22 so that means big ten would be generally comfortable at 22. I think though if that scenario came, big ten lands at 24 for multiple reasons. I think they will get to 24 for sure at some point any way just might take a second and who comprises it can go crazy. I

that said unc is rumored to have sec lean anyway if they don’t just stay acc now after this weeks board developments

Advertisement
It’s not dependent on what unc decides - that’s his take. I don’t personally agree with that take.

let’s say unc delays for whatever reason and nd is like no also. Then big10 offers fsu/Miami and one second after the ink is dry, unc and nd say we want in- they would be in for sure- then you would be at 22 so that means big ten would be generally comfortable at 22. I think though if that scenario came, big ten lands at 24 for multiple reasons. I think they will get to 24 for sure at some point any way just might take a second and who comprises it can go crazy. I

that said unc is rumored to have sec lean anyway if they don’t just stay acc now after this weeks board developments
Agree ... Fluguar or whatever his name is is pretty much purely a clown. There are varying opinions within B10 university presidents ... however MEDIA PARTNERS 100% prefer FSU as the next addition (ND not really under consideration due to their independent status, new contract, and ability of B10 to schedule games with them OOC). Once there is a "breakaway" of some type actually formalized 10 years from now ... with a new "conference" ... ND will join in a heartbeat.

In the meantime, due to the political complexities of UNC leaving ... the environment is perfect for Miami to make a move and punch their ticket as FSU's travel partner to the B10, while Clemson can head to the SEC with ???

I’ve never been more confident that Miami will be in the P2 when all the dust settles than I am right now.

At this point, I’d be somewhat surprised if it DOESN’T happen.

I think we’re gonna be good here.

I'm just waiting for certain posters to show up to tell us how our potential Big 10 membership was destroyed when Mario didn't bend the knee for GaTech...

Or because of the GOR...

I'm just waiting for certain posters to show up to tell us how our potential Big 10 membership was destroyed when Mario didn't bend the knee for GaTech...

Or because of the GOR...
Right now Miami is the "cleanest" addition to the B10 along with FSU of any desirable program in the ACC. Both UNC and UVA have "political issues" due to the 'relationships' with other State programs, and the interest in Clemson seems to definitely have waned. Right now FSU / Miami appears to be the prime MEDIA PARTNER pairing, and then it is up to Clemson and "whoever" to work a deal with the SEC. Adios Mfer.

Advertisement
I think if SEC would take NCSt, UNC would probably leave much sooner

Like If SEC got UNC, Clemson, UVA, and NCSt
and Big10 got FSU, Miami, VTech, and ND scheduling agreement.

That'd be pretty good. But I think SEC probably only adds 2.
If conference keep collapsing, ND loses a lot of leverage because they need a home for all their other sports. IMO, it's inevitable they join a conference as a full-time member (likely B1G); just a matter of when.

Advertisement
I’ve long thought that the NC BOG and the state legislature would throw a monkeywrench into any plans to break up the ACC; I’m actually surprised it took this long.
Au contraire mon frère. According to comments by the UNC BOT Chairman last night ... the BOG ruling simply established the procedure by which a school could process their departure. He commented that "we are entering a new era in college sports and we will do whatever it takes to put UNC in the best position to be successful, while maintaining our successful broad spectrum of sports programs. AND we will need to invest in our football program as a priority, to take it to levels not yet achieved, something that the school has not done previously. Being in the ACC conference puts us in the near future at a $40-50M per year revenue disadvantage". The university simply has to present a financial impact study showing the impact of remaining vs leaving for another conference. Yes politics ARE involved. But many in NC do not believe at the end of the day the BOG will penalize UNC by not accepting a positive financial impact plan for moving to the SEC (or B10). In fact many view it as a positive that they will at least have a P2 program.

His comments were read by NC sports and media and interpreted "as somebody paving the road to leaving the ACC".

Advertisement
Back