MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

I previously identified NorthernVaginaCane as a potential basketball guy who never wanted to see the ACC disbanded because the Tobacco Road Teams run the conference. I am now starting to believe he works for the defense team of the ACC. No defending the extension from 2027 to 2036.
Excuse the typos on Disbanded and 2027-2036 as it is Friday and I have been consuming adult beverages already. Corrected LOL

Advertisement
This is what I'm hoping is the minimal outcome - just that the GOR extension gets thrown out, so will only be enforceable until June 30th, 2027 (before the 2027 CFB season).

Cost to leave then would be:
- Exit Fee = 3* Distribution = $130M.
- GOR = 2* Distribution (2025, 2026)= $87M. (The Grant of Rights expires June 30, 2027 in this scenario - so doesn't include the 2027 CFB season)
So, if this were the case I think at worst, the total cost to exit starting in 2025 season would be $217M.

But given most settlements for conference exit end up being like paying 2/3rd, I think It's realistic to negotiate this down to at least like $145M or less. Now, does this make sense to pay in order to get out beginning in the 2025 CFB season? Absolutely Yes.

Oregon and Washington basically just agreed to half shares in the Big10 until 2030. That's a minimum value of about 7*$30M= $210M. So that is essentially what those 2 programs are saying they were willing to pay to get in to the Big10. And that was WITHOUT having to fight any GOR/EXIT fee. And for us we'd be paying $145M to get out of 12 more years of a GOR. That's $12M/yr until 2036. The difference in Big10 Payout and ACC payout is expected to easily be >$25M/yr by 2030.
A **** of a lot better than $517M+

Advertisement
u-g-P26IQO0-1163286196.jpeg

Fun Historical Fact: The IRONCLAD USS Monitor sank off the NORTH CAROLINA coast on 31 December 1862...Historical Foreshadowing?!?

Do you ******* read, you dope?

Jim Phillips extended the time for ESPN to decide whether it wanted to keep paying the ACC. He did it unilaterally, in secret, and without the required vote of the members.

You are so unbelievably dumb. I was going to say "sometimes", but it's really just all the time.
Now I think I understand why you normally (but not today, bravo) write essays in common place responses: you have trouble comprehending words. You project that comprehension by your insecurity with asinine circumlocution. I'm impressed that in this post it's only 50/50 ad hominem and the point you wanted to make.

I bet when you were in school and someone didn't share your favorite color you started screaming and crying like a *****.

But to the point you raised... If Phillips did something he wasn't empowered to do it would be non binding, no? Would pinning hopes on that point not be a play on the momentum of the opinion of the mob?

Last edited:
What did I tell you guys awhile back regarding the GOR and how insanely one sided it was and it was only a matter of time until a school or schools used it as the major argument to leave

Now there is still a lot to be battled, but ESPN’s position isnt as iron clad as the dumb**** media members were all parroting

What did I tell you guys awhile back regarding the GOR and how insanely one sided it was and it was only a matter of time until a school or schools used it as the major argument to leave

Now there is still a lot to be battled, but ESPN’s position isnt as iron clad as the dumb**** media members were all parroting

I haven't been following this thread for a while. Good for FSU. Hope Clemson and Miami join the lawsuit at least as as amici.

Advertisement
How long till the big boys in the $EC and B10 form their own conference: alabama-OSU*-Michigan-LSU, etc. e.g. and kick to the curb the lesser conference schools?

Now I think I understand why you normally (but not today, bravo) write essays in common place responses: you have trouble comprehending words. You project that comprehension by your insecurity with asinine circumlocution. I'm impressed that in this post it's only 50/50 ad hominem and the point you wanted to make.

I bet when you were in school and someone didn't share your favorite color you started screaming and crying like a *****.

But to the point you raised... If Phillips did something he wasn't empowered to do it would be non binding, no? Would pinning hopes on that point not be a play on the momentum of the opinion of the mob?

It's hilarious to see that your response to being told that your last porst was dumb...is to post more dumb ****.

Yeah, I'm sure that ALL YOU NEED TO DO is to point out that Phillips did something (years ago) that he wasn't empowered to do, and suddenly the US court system will label it "non-binding" and turn the clock back.

Good lord, you continue to top yourself in posting brain-dead drivel.

Thank goodness you pointed out that Phillips did something non-binding. Everything is better now. Problem solved, no?

I'm not sure if this board has a strict policy on the KYS phrase, but you should absolutely delete your account and post elsewhere, just to avoid your ongoing humiliation.

Advertisement
It's hilarious to see that your response to being told that your last porst was dumb...is to post more dumb ****.

Yeah, I'm sure that ALL YOU NEED TO DO is to point out that Phillips did something (years ago) that he wasn't empowered to do, and suddenly the US court system will label it "non-binding" and turn the clock back.

Good lord, you continue to top yourself in posting brain-dead drivel.

Thank goodness you pointed out that Phillips did something non-binding. Everything is better now. Problem solved, no?

I'm not sure if this board has a strict policy on the KYS phrase, but you should absolutely delete your account and post elsewhere, just to avoid your ongoing humiliation.
SmartSelect_20231222_222347_Instagram.jpg

Advertisement
And now the fun begins

ACC leadership is R-worded, glad espn is getting exposed

So is this a case of divide and conquer? Fighting just one of these lawsuits has to be extremely costly. Fighting 5+ would have to be insane. Hopefully they cave and offer up a reasonable exit fee and just let those that want out to slide.

Advertisement
Back