MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Former Fansided “reporter”

Look I’d be fine if it was SEC though I personally prefer B10 for a lot of reasons. But I’d be shocked if it’s sec over b10.
I’d be absolutely shocked. I was told awhile ago by someone in the know that other SEC teams don’t want us in, mostly because the competition on recruiting would skyrocket.

I’d be absolutely shocked. I was told awhile ago by someone in the know that other SEC teams don’t want us in, mostly because the competition on recruiting would skyrocket.
Schools like UGA and Bama would love to play in south florida. They see it as a recruiting win for themselves.

Advertisement
There is the idea that it can proved that ESPN tampered and that may be the thing that allows FSU and other the exit the Grant of Rights.

IMG_1683.jpeg

Posting just in the extremely slight chance it’s not 1000% BS lol

Don’t think it’s legitimate but figured I would post

Look, I'm trying to be nice and charitable in this holiday season, and not just slash & burn on other "writers" trying to make sense of a crazy situation.

But.

Here's where I have to hold 365CANESFOOTBALL's feet to the fire. His post has nothing to do with reporting, or having specific knowledge of the situation. He just tries to use the common sense that an elementary student would have of "why would ESPN pay more for something they already own?"

And then he makes it worse with invented facts. Like the one where ESPN invested "MAD money" into the ACC Network. How exactly? He seems to just make that assertion based on a "20 year" timeline. Uhhhh, okaaaay...how does wanting to buy something cheap and hold it for a long time equate to the investment of "MAD money". Especially when the PRIOR SENTENCE acknowledges that ESPN got the ACC for "cheap".

Makes no sense at all.

Soooo...moving on...it's just sad to see someone who seems to argue that ESPN owns the "chocolate" and the "peanut butter", without realizing the massive synergy and incredible product that can be created when you combine the chocolate and peanut butter into REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS. We have to be honest, if you put Miami and Clemson and Florida State and North Carolina into the SEC...there would be synergies...there would be a greater number of desirable matchups...you create a super-superconference and you eliminate the "Wake Forest" and "Syracuse" and "Boston College" matchups. You create a season's worth of Saturday matchups that are ALL compelling. And then THOSE games, individually, are worth more than the sum of Vandy-South Carolina and Duke-GaTech.

And this is before you even begin to factor in the impact of the 12-team playoff. I realize that ESPN doesn't get "extra revenue" from having more SEC/Big 10 teams in the Final 12, BUT, the more "ESPN teams" that make the playoffs, the more that people tune in to ESPN every week. If the Final 12 were to become 8 Big 10, 1 Big 12, 1 ACC, 1 G5, and 1 SEC team every year, it would diminish the SEC over time (I'm not saying that would ever happen, I'm just trying to explain why it is in ESPN's best interest to pay to make the SEC as strong as possible).

So, yeah, 365CANESFOOTBALL...just stick to the facts, and do less "analysis".

Advertisement
Former Fansided “reporter”

Look I’d be fine if it was SEC though I personally prefer B10 for a lot of reasons. But I’d be shocked if it’s sec over b10.

The one good thing...

The bigger the SEC gets, the less power that any ONE school has. Just look at what happened with aTm and Texas.

View attachment 269646

Posting just in the extremely slight chance it’s not 1000% BS lol

Again...it's a weird post...it's not 1000%, and it's not 0%.

Tried to tell people that Radakovich wants out. He felt the same way for Clemson when he was at Clemson. Told people that Miami and Clemson were working together to GET OUT (even if to different conferences).

The SEC might be extra-incentivized now to "go big" and take 4 teams, given how close they came to being shut out of the Final Four. The stronger they make the SEC, the greater the chance they can avoid such an Armageddon again (even when it goes to 12 teams, the SEC will always want to have "the most" teams).

The Big 10 might be scurred of the "conference-killer" blowback enough to NOT "go big", and maybe only take 2 ACC teams.

So there is a world in which this calculus could play out. Gators won't be happy, but this will be a good test to see if "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

1701794512496.png

Relax, man, we are happy to have you here.

Just acknowledge that you have underestimated how much F$U and Clemson want to join the SEC over the Big 10.
Wait, is that actually Big 10 Genetics? I thought it was some random porster no way that's actually him 🤣

Advertisement
Again...it's a weird post...it's not 1000%, and it's not 0%.

Tried to tell people that Radakovich wants out. He felt the same way for Clemson when he was at Clemson. Told people that Miami and Clemson were working together to GET OUT (even if to different conferences).

The SEC might be extra-incentivized now to "go big" and take 4 teams, given how close they came to being shut out of the Final Four. The stronger they make the SEC, the greater the chance they can avoid such an Armageddon again (even when it goes to 12 teams, the SEC will always want to have "the most" teams).

The Big 10 might be scurred of the "conference-killer" blowback enough to NOT "go big", and maybe only take 2 ACC teams.

So there is a world in which this calculus could play out. Gators won't be happy, but this will be a good test to see if "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

View attachment 269677
Believe the potential "blowback" against the B10 would be less today ... due to the reaction to the CFP committee ... than it would have been a week ago. Right now there are "rumors" spouting like steam funnels at Yosemite all over the place regarding "virtually every ACC program wants OUT of the conference as the SEC, B10 and B12 have shown to be stronger". Crazy environment all of a sudden.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back