MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

and you know this how?

So your thought process is that Frenk turned over athletics to Rudy, who committed to spending $100M+ on Mario and staff, then hired Rad, who committed to spending another $150M++ on a new football facility, but when it came time for an ACC vote Frenk went against the supposed advise of both Rudy/Rad and voted for expansion?

Come On Lol GIF by Sports GIFs
This is what I keep coming back to. There's no way they are dumb enough to spend hundreds of millions on facilities and staff etc and not know that it'll all be worthless if we are stuck in the ACC with a $50mil+ a year (and growing)revenue gap every year indefinitely.

All the other evidence points to staying in the ACC but the way the University is spending/investing/betting on athletics points to doing whatever it takes to win/compete.

Advertisement
That article proves absolutely nothing of what you are claiming other than the obvious ... that Miami went along with a yes vote.
ok man believe whatever you want to believe. this isnt a CIA conspiiracy theory. is rad happy in the ACC? no. is frenk happy? yes. a lot has changed too but anyways youre gonna do you

It's an unknown publicly, but like I said earlier, we had a swing vote for conference expansion. I just hope we used it to get something from the ACC.

ok man believe whatever you want to believe. this isnt a CIA conspiiracy theory. is rad happy in the ACC? no. is frenk happy? yes. a lot has changed too but anyways youre gonna do you
But Frenk implied he was turning all athletic decisions over to Rad/Rudy when Mario/Rad was hired and athletics was elevated in the org chart to VP. why would he be meddling now?

Advertisement
But Frenk implied he was turning all athletic decisions over to Rad/Rudy when Mario/Rad was hired and athletics was elevated in the org chart to VP. why would he be meddling now?
you dont think **** changes? frenk implied that 2 years ago when he was on the hot seat for numerous things. hes not on the hot seat anymore and bringing rad and Mario in has subsided the criticism he was facing then for athletics. look no one is happy in the ACC on this board, but the 4 schools that want out made it known. the only one that turned their vote to a yes on expansion was NCSU. Clemson FSU and UNC all said no. it's long rumored that NCSU is trying to get themselves tied to UNC through the state legislature or something on a UNC move. we know FSUs displeasure and we know Clemson has been rumored to wanting out. sometimes it isnt that hard that stuff can change and maybe the president of the school took a more vocal role in all of this

you dont think **** changes? frenk implied that 2 years ago when he was on the hot seat for numerous things. hes not on the hot seat anymore and bringing rad and Mario in has subsided the criticism he was facing then for athletics.
I thought he was humble enough to realize he didn't know anything when it came to athletics and the public shaming/almost terminations was a wakeup call.

He's an idiot if he's meddling again AGAINST the advice of the people he delegated responsibility and future direction to.

I thought he was humble enough to realize he didn't know anything when it came to athletics and the public shaming/almost terminations was a wakeup call.

He's an idiot if he's meddling again AGAINST the advice of the people he delegated responsibility and future direction to.
lol a university president humble? have you ever met one?

ive said hes not a good president for the longest time.

This is what I keep coming back to. There's no way they are dumb enough to spend hundreds of millions on facilities and staff etc and not know that it'll all be worthless if we are stuck in the ACC with a $50mil+ a year (and growing)revenue gap every year indefinitely.

All the other evidence points to staying in the ACC but the way the University is spending/investing/betting on athletics points to doing whatever it takes to win/compete.

“There is no way they are dumb enough…”

C’mon, you’ve been around awhile.

Advertisement
it has been stated that Frenk supports the conference and basically voted to stay and expand despite Rads advice. the canes are in the ACC to stay. theyre happy from the top int he conference esp w the new additions. it isnt up to Rad anymore.

Frenk doesn't "support the conference" in all the ways that you imply. Everyone knew that Cal, Stanford, and SMU were pre-emptive backfills to avoid the ACC falling below 14 teams, which would trigger ESPN's ability to cut their payments to the ACC.

It is true that the last few months have gotten messy and confusing and bitter.

But people need to step away from the constant huffing of every single word in every single "Lamar Thomas Show" and focus on the big picture. The Big 10 wants to expand into the southeast. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Everyone take a deep breath and transition from micro to macro. Nothing has changed in the big picture.

Frenk doesn't "support the conference" in all the ways that you imply. Everyone knew that Cal, Stanford, and SMU were pre-emptive backfills to avoid the ACC falling below 14 teams, which would trigger ESPN's ability to cut their payments to the ACC.

It is true that the last few months have gotten messy and confusing and bitter.

But people need to step away from the constant huffing of every single word in every single "Lamar Thomas Show" and focus on the big picture. The Big 10 wants to expand into the southeast. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Everyone take a deep breath and transition from micro to macro. Nothing has changed in the big picture.
hopefully frenk is gone in the next 3 years

Not with Stanford and Cal...I think that makes the ACC a better academic conference.

It was comparable/arguable before.. But with Stanford and Cal added it's not debatable.

Wrong. Completely wrong.

Stanford and Cal are good. But, again, we are talking about a conference that is 100% made up of AAU schools (currently or recently, as in Nebraska).

The Big 10 conference...as a whole...is better than the ACC. It just is. And you don't even consider the offset of losing, say, North Carolina to the SEC or Big 10. Because that is very likely.

Advertisement
I 1000000 percent agree. that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I dont think UM is better off in the ACC

Agreed. And if it wasn't clear, I wasn't questioning YOU, I was questioning WWJD (What Would Julio Do).

I think that even a spineless jellyfish like Frenk would take the Big 10 invitation, which could be rationalized solely on academic grounds.

Last edited:
“There is no way they are dumb enough…”

C’mon, you’ve been around awhile.
I refuse to believe that people in charge of billions of dollars are dumb and short sighted enough to destroy an institution like Miami Hurricanes athletics because they're arrogant.

I get it. Rubbing shoulders with Stanford and Cal is appealing for any academic. But Northwestern is pretty good too and you can't put a dollar value in the publicity of good athletics.

Advertisement
hopefully frenk is gone in the next 3 years

I'm not usually one to play the "I told you so" card, but I've been saying that Frenk needs to leave...since the 2016-2017 school year.

Even when people acted like Frenk was "better" for athletics than Shalala.

Even when people acted like Frenk and Beta Blake were the keys to getting the IPF built.

Even when people acted like Frenk "saved the season" during the COVID year.

Even when people acted like Frenk did some amazing thing by letting Joe and Rudy fire Beta Blake and Manny.

Until 18 months ago, Frenk had been asleep at the wheel for his entire tenure when it comes to UM Athletics, and I've called it out the entire time. Frenk needs to be replace for SOOOO many reasons, this is just one of the reasons.

Not with Stanford and Cal...I think that makes the ACC a better academic conference.

It was comparable/arguable before.. But with Stanford and Cal added it's not debatable.
It actually is completely debatable because of the power of how the Big Ten does research collectively in a way that the ACC doesn’t and that Stanford isn’t about to give money off to their fellow organizations or they would’ve done it in the Pac 12

Wrong. Completely wrong.

Stanford and Cal are good. But, again, we are talking about a conference that is 100% made up of AAU schools (currently or recently, as in Nebraska).

The Big 10 conference...as a whole...is better than the ACC. It just is. And you don't even consider the offset of losing, say, North Carolina to the SEC or Big 10. Because that is very likely.
Good points. Financially I agree, the B1G is better to be associated with. And research wise.

If UNC and UVA leave, then the ACC takes a big step back.

As far as public perception/national prestige, I still think the ACC is higher up with Stanford and Cal.

But as far as a whole conference goes, you're right.

It actually is completely debatable because of the power of how the Big Ten does research collectively in a way that the ACC doesn’t and that Stanford isn’t about to give money off to their fellow organizations or they would’ve done it in the Pac 12
Agreed.

Advertisement
Back