MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

BYU, Cincy, Houston & UCF I think 1-8 so far

ACC is done if most leave. BC, Wake Forest and maybe couple others will need a conference to join. AAC makes sense
It might be that ACC survives if they get up to like 20 schools and only 4 or 6 end up leaving.

Advertisement
Pretty sure Genetics mentioned this

A. There already is an "Ivy League of college sports"......it is called the Ivy League. Just saw 2 of their football teams playing on TV Friday night.

B. IF this should ever occur (God, please no!), forget about anyone from this conference getting an at-large bid to the playoff AND hope to God the conference champ continues to get its automatic bid to the playoff. It would not surprise me to see that conference get relegated to the existing Group of 5 conferences where only the highest rated conference champ gets a playoff invite.

I heard from some FSU boosters that, as of now, they expect to be in the ACC for the foreseeable future. If I had to bet, there will be no realignment out of the ACC for years.
Surprised The Goldbergs GIF by ABC Network

Advertisement
Advertisement
You know you spend too much time in this thread when Miami has sent a few emails like the one below I got this morning where they have referred to this annual giving day today as "BIG" and pray that is them dropping hints we are off to Big10 haha. They have highlighted the big word a few times now and my mind goes there every time. I need a few month hiatus from realignment discussion I think...

Having trouble reading this email? Read this email online.
Hi William,
The BIG day is finally here!
We're thrilled to have you by our side as we kick off our 5th annual Giving Day, and hope you'll join us and become part of something extraordinary. For the next 24 hours, the power of collective giving will shine bright as ’Canes rally from near and far to pay it forward. Show your support and make your gift today.
Give Now
Your contribution, no matter how big or small, is essential to the success of our University. Together, we have the power to make an outsized impact on our campus, our students, and our community. With you in our corner we can reach our goal of 3,500 donors before 11:59 p.m. EDT. Give now and help us show the world how ’Canes are a force for good.
UMiami_Footer_logo2.png
© 2023 University of Miami Office of Philanthropic Giving
Newman Alumni Center, 6200 San Amaro Drive, Suite 200, Coral Gables, FL 33146, United States
If you have questions or no longer wish to receive further fundraising communications from
the University of Miami, please contact the Office of Philanthropic Giving at
givingday@miami.edu or 305-284-2872.

You know you spend too much time in this thread when Miami has sent a few emails like the one below I got this morning where they have referred to this annual giving day today as "BIG" and pray that is them dropping hints we are off to Big10 haha. They have highlighted the big word a few times now and my mind goes there every time. I need a few month hiatus from realignment discussion I think...

Having trouble reading this email? Read this email online.
Hi William,
The BIG day is finally here!
We're thrilled to have you by our side as we kick off our 5th annual Giving Day, and hope you'll join us and become part of something extraordinary. For the next 24 hours, the power of collective giving will shine bright as ’Canes rally from near and far to pay it forward. Show your support and make your gift today.
Give Now

Your contribution, no matter how big or small, is essential to the success of our University. Together, we have the power to make an outsized impact on our campus, our students, and our community. With you in our corner we can reach our goal of 3,500 donors before 11:59 p.m. EDT. Give now and help us show the world how ’Canes are a force for good.

UMiami_Footer_logo2.png

Instagram Facebook LinkedIn Twitter YouTube
© 2023 University of Miami Office of Philanthropic Giving
Newman Alumni Center, 6200 San Amaro Drive, Suite 200, Coral Gables, FL 33146, United States
If you have questions or no longer wish to receive further fundraising communications from
the University of Miami, please contact the Office of Philanthropic Giving at
givingday@miami.edu or 305-284-2872.
we are staying in the ACC. we wouldn't have voted to expand if we weren't

Advertisement
Reality is that the ONLY schools that would be interested and able to afford the 'negotiated buyout' would be schools that have a confirmed (via back channels) offer to join either the B10 or SEC ... and the negotiated buyout won't be cheap. So it is really a moot point.
From a legal perspective can they offer different buyout terms to different schools?

Not necessarily ... might simply be a reality that the "nuclear option" of dissolving the ACC wasn't viable as there was not a landing spot for the 8 teams required. So ... by agreeing to expand the ones leaving are simply leaving a viable conference in tact for those that need the ACC. The exit fee will still be a negotiated amount.

Advertisement
You may very well be right but it does not mean we can't hope, wish and dream still. Very used to setting myself up for disappointment since becoming a fan of this team in '07 so it will be par the course if/when the other top schools leave without us.

A vote to expand was the right thing to do. If for some reason Miami can't exit and FSU, Clemson, UNC can it leaves the ACC viable as a conference (excluding football refs). It also doesn't give the new schools voting rights until 2025 or 2026.

A vote to expand was the right thing to do. If for some reason Miami can't exit and FSU, Clemson, UNC can it leaves the ACC viable as a conference (excluding football refs). It also doesn't give the new schools voting rights until 2025 or 2026.

Sounds terrible for Miami

Advertisement
Back