MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
But I have not been as assured that Dan is powerful enough or purpose-driven enough to put us in the driver's seat on realignment, no matter how impulsive Julio gets.

There are concerns. Alums need to start putting the pressure on the BOT and other Athletic Department personnel.

I don’t like your tone sir. I don’t recall seeing these “concerns” from you previously in regards to realignment.

Wimpy Kid School GIF by Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Advertisement
Miami likes money. Anyone who has ever paid tuition there can vouch for that. The only thing Miami likes more than money is even more money.

When somebody with the U logo printed on their shirt.... somebody whose job description straight includes fundraising and managing budgets.... when that person tells you "we don't need money to do XYZ," well my advice to you would be to take that statement with a giant grain of salt because they're selling something.

If Miami were free and clear and had an offer on the table to make more money in the SEC or Big 10, they would take the money and not look back.

I can't say for certain what's going to happen, but I can say with confidence that Miami is not putting their love of playing Georgia Tech or any of that other stuff Rad was selling ahead of a big payday in a P2 conference. If we stay, it's either becuase they feel it would cost more to make the jump at this time than we'd make, or because there's no landing spot secured. If we go, it's because it makes more financial sense to go.

Here's a summary of Rad's interview, the main points he made:

- You don't need money to win
- The ACC is a great league for the University of Miami
- The schedule would be too hard for Miami in the SEC, we like playing Georgia Tech
- Big 10 universities have more sports that drain resources so the gap in dollars between conferences isn't that bad
- Big10 and SEC TV contracts help other sports more than they help football, we can still compete with less money
- Adding Cal, Stanford, and SMU was really good because it created a larger pool of money
- Clemson or FSU leaving would affect us because we want to play both, BUT the league would be fine regardless because we added Cal, Stanford, and SMU staying above 15
- Clemson and FSU have nowhere to go becasue other conferences probably won't take them
"You don't need money to win".....
Kill Me Goodbye GIF by Film Riot

"Wait, this just in. We're now being told that there's a video of Rad talking to an ACC representative shortly before the interview."

War Film GIF by MolaTV

" Now looka here sucka! U gon say EXACTLY what I tell you to say, if younn want no problems. You dig?!"

Last edited:
Advertisement

- The schedule would be too hard for Miami in the SEC, we like playing Georgia Tech
- Big 10 universities have more sports that drain resources so the gap in dollars between conferences isn't that bad
- Big10 and SEC TV contracts help other sports more than they help football, we can still compete with less money
- Adding Cal, Stanford, and SMU was really good because it created a larger pool of money
- Clemson or FSU leaving would affect us because we want to play both, BUT the league would be fine regardless because we added Cal, Stanford, and SMU staying above 15
- Clemson and FSU have nowhere to go becasue other conferences probably won't take them
This better be him just sandbagging cause this sounds like some scared type of ish.

**** the interview. My feelings have been changing over the past six months for OTHER reasons, and I've stated that in multiple posts.

Dan is strongest on building facilities, which we have sorely needed for a long time.

Dan is "an adult" AD who is capable of making good strategic decisions. However, myself and many others with close connections to the University have been trying to figure out how much Frenk is impacting things, since Joe and Rudy seem to have been sidelined.

Dan is definitely questionable on making personnel decisions, and it would concern me to have to find a replacement for Coach L while Dan is in charge.

So, no, "the interview" has not changed my perception at all. Actual interactions and intel from my friends has been changing my perception since the spring.

We have hired a very good replacement for Parker, so I feel good about facilities and fund-raising. But I have not been as assured that Dan is powerful enough or purpose-driven enough to put us in the driver's seat on realignment, no matter how impulsive Julio gets.

There are concerns. Alums need to start putting the pressure on the BOT and other Athletic Department personnel.
I’m not connected at all to anything, but just reading between the tea leaves, I haven’t had warm and fuzzies about things working in the shadows for a minute. I think when the whole voting for adding the 3 schools happened, it just felt like our leadership isn’t aligned when it comes to the future.

There was no need for Miami to do the ACC conference any solids unless it was at least thinking the ACC might just be our home for the foreseeable future.

Eekers.

Advertisement

Death by suicide.

Miami likes money. Anyone who has ever paid tuition there can vouch for that. The only thing Miami likes more than money is even more money.

When somebody with the U logo printed on their shirt.... somebody whose job description straight includes fundraising and managing budgets.... when that person tells you "we don't need money to do XYZ," well my advice to you would be to take that statement with a giant grain of salt because they're selling something.

If Miami were free and clear and had an offer on the table to make more money in the SEC or Big 10, they would take the money and not look back.

I can't say for certain what's going to happen, but I can say with confidence that Miami is not putting their love of playing Georgia Tech or any of that other stuff Rad was selling ahead of a big payday in a P2 conference. If we stay, it's either becuase they feel it would cost more to make the jump at this time than we'd make, or because there's no landing spot secured. If we go, it's because it makes more financial sense to go.
exactly my thoughts....it feels like they are waiting for the timing to be right financially.

exactly my thoughts....it feels like they are waiting for the timing to be right financially.
I think they leave only if the ACC is about to implode.

But they won't be the ones to cause the implosion.

Problem with that strategy is that it puts you in a position of weakness to negotiate and will be forced to take reduced or partial shares at your new destination.

Advertisement
He can say what he wants- some of it obviously stupid. At the end of the day everyone knows we need to leave the acc and we will.

Everything else is just a big circle jerk.

If Miami re-establishes itself as a premier program over the next couple of seasons I think conference re-alignment will take care of itself.

Our brand, location, and NIL will keep us recruiting at a high level. Winning games and making the playoffs consistently will do a lot for our brand and pay off dividends with increased booster participation.

I hate Rad’s comments downplaying the importance of money and saying “playing a game like TAMU every week is really difficult for student athletes”, but ultimately if we 1) can’t get out of GOR or 2) don’t have a better landing spot then I agree adding Stanford, Cal, and SMU is actually in our best interest as it brings more states and more opportunities to add valuable recruiting turf to our schedule.

Now that we are winning again we look like we’ll benefit from the new performance based incentives that are increased by adding those schools at reduced or no payouts too

Like someone said, looking desperate isn’t going to help our situation. Not sure if Rad is the guy to get us into a better conference, but not sure if it’s even possible right now

Advertisement
Back