MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

FSU announced it is adding Women’s lacrosse in 2025 season. That’s a big deal sport as far as BIG 10 goes. Is that related to all of this? Who knows- adding sports like that doesn’t happen overnight. But it certainly won’t hurt them if BIG10 IS in fact where they are headed
Also a big sport in the ACC. Maybe they're planning on staying and all the comments are just smoke.

Advertisement
FSU announced it is adding Women’s lacrosse in 2025 season. That’s a big deal sport as far as BIG 10 goes. Is that related to all of this? Who knows- adding sports like that doesn’t happen overnight. But it certainly won’t hurt them if BIG10 IS in fact where they are headed
More likely it is due to the USA Today investigation (less than 18 months ago) that FSU was not in compliance Title lX laws. You don't have to abide by them as long as your willing to forgo national funding.

Advertisement
Just going to leave this here for you. Interview from yesterday with Dan Rad, conference realignment discussion starts at minute 46.

Just going to leave this here for you. Interview from yesterday with Dan Rad, conference realignment discussion starts at minute 46.

sounds like a guy that has no interest in expansion n rather be a big fish in a little pond

n that comment of if we move we've had to play big games every week we're better off playing georgia tech is the softest most weak minded comment.
if this was audio not video, I'd ask if it was beta james

sounds like a guy that has no interest in expansion n rather be a big fish in a little pond

n that comment of if we move we've had to play big games every week we're better off playing georgia tech is the softest most weak minded comment.
Holy **** , we better reap what we can till the acc explodes and we’re stuck playing ******* **** games making way less money than our rivals .

Advertisement
Here's a summary of Rad's interview, the main points he made:

- You don't need money to win
- The ACC is a great league for the University of Miami
- The schedule would be too hard for Miami in the SEC, we like playing Georgia Tech
- Big 10 universities have more sports that drain resources so the gap in dollars between conferences isn't that bad
- Big10 and SEC TV contracts help other sports more than they help football, we can still compete with less money
- Adding Cal, Stanford, and SMU was really good because it created a larger pool of money
- Clemson or FSU leaving would affect us because we want to play both, BUT the league would be fine regardless because we added Cal, Stanford, and SMU staying above 15
- Clemson and FSU have nowhere to go becasue other conferences probably won't take them

Here's a summary of Rad's interview, the main points he made:

- You don't need money to win
- The ACC is a great league for the University of Miami
- The schedule would be too hard for Miami in the SEC, we like playing Georgia Tech
- Big 10 universities have more sports that drain resources so the gap in dollars between conferences isn't that bad
- Big10 and SEC TV contracts help other sports more than they help football, we can still compete with less money
- Adding Cal, Stanford, and SMU was really good because it created a larger pool of money
- Clemson or FSU leaving would affect us because we want to play both, BUT the league would be fine regardless because we added Cal, Stanford, and SMU staying above 15
- Clemson and FSU have nowhere to go becasue other conferences probably won't take them
I can’t express how angry this makes me.

Last edited:

Fly the Banners?

I can’t express how this makes me angry
Try.

easy gif1696544814358.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
I"m sure there are ppl that will come in here & say that "Miami has stayed quiet all along why would he tell a random podcast that Miami expects to move to the big 2 conferences" but anyone who actually listened to this interview & has listened to Rad talk on other topics can tell that this wasnt lip service.

Honestly he sounds like a guy trying to sell something because that's his job to do so. I don't think he sereiously believes any of the **** he said in this interview. Boiling it down, he's looking us right in the eye and saying with a straight face: "we don't need more money." I mean, nobody (hopefully) actually buys that garbage.

It might just be that the bill came due for 20+ years of our admin not giving a **** about football, and we don't have a lot of options right now. Or maybe the GOR really is that solid. It's hard to say but he really went out of his way to try to shoot down the realignment talk and make the best out of the current situation. Doesn't sound like someone who is trying to dismantle the league.

Couple that with the fact that Rad voted for Stanford, SMU, and Cal to join.... I mean only FSU, Clemson, and UNC voted against that, which should raise some eyebrows.

Advertisement
"we don't need more money." I mean, nobody (hopefully) actually buys that garbage.
he didnt say that. he said football doesnt need more money. those conferences with the extra money are doing a lot better at basketball baseball n other sports with the trickle down money.

essentially he's an AD saying I dont care about any sport but football & we're getting enough football $ so he's not worried about improving or adding other sports.

since "we dont need more money, we sure *** **** better not lose any assistant coaches to schools in those other conferences bc they're offering more money

Advertisement
Back