MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Gotta say I'm a bit worried here. We could get left without a (serious) dance partner, and then we slide away into oblivion. We're far enough away from everyone else to think the travel isn't worth their trouble. SEC maybe is our best shot, but that's just relying on their charity.
Sad Arrested Development GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn’t we win National Titles in the Big East and as an Ind? Just win. All will solve itself in the end. Even if we get left out, we will get so good that the Big-2 will have no choice but to give is a sweetheart deal.

Advertisement
Get on to school son, didn’t mean to upset you me with the expression of an opinion on a message board.

Advertisement
Feels like we are going down with the sinking ACC. Hope we do have a landing spot but I have no faith in our administration.
Talk about glass half full people on CIS. Look ... realignment long term is about VIEWERSHIP, ABILITY TO SCHEDULE MAJOR BRAND GAMES for national prime time slots that bring huge viewer numbers and convert to $$$ sponsor slots for the media partners. UM is STILL a top 15 BRAND in virtually every college football BRAND SURVEY done in the last 25 years. UM brings viewers. By the time the B2 realignment / formation is complete (over the next 3-5 years) UM will be most likely in the B10 as the SEC isn't that fond of UM. If the B10 grabs FSU / Clemson / UNC and UVA ... THEN the SEC might end up taking UM as a defensive move. Regardless, top 15 brand ends up in one or the other.

Advertisement
Gotta say I'm a bit worried here. We could get left without a (serious) dance partner, and then we slide away into oblivion. We're far enough away from everyone else to think the travel isn't worth their trouble. SEC maybe is our best shot, but that's just relying on their charity.
The SEC does not want or need Miami. So many SEC teams like to come recruit in SoFla to get them to come play in the SEC. The SEC teams lose a great recruiting strategy against us if they bring us into the conference. The SEC wants FSU much more than us for this reason. They get a big name without losing a recruiting base.

Our best bet is FSU goes to SEC and then B1G comes calling for the Florida market with the last big name remaining in the state. I would be very worried if FSU goes to B1G and then the SEC shuns us.

The SEC does not want or need Miami. So many SEC teams like to come recruit in SoFla to get them to come play in the SEC. The SEC teams lose a great recruiting strategy against us if they bring us into the conference. The SEC wants FSU much more than us for this reason. They get a big name without losing a recruiting base.

Our best bet is FSU goes to SEC and then B1G comes calling for the Florida market with the last big name remaining in the state. I would be very worried if FSU goes to B1G and then the SEC shuns us.
Would be great if Clemson does go to the SEC ... that way FSU / Miami could be a package to the B10.

I'm curious why everyone seems to have collectively agreed that UM will go to the Big 10 and that the SEC is not an option. I'm not so sure about that.

There are no real "insiders" when it comes to conference realignment. This isn't recruiting where you're dealing with dozens of coaches, family members, representatives etc, any of whom could spill the beans.

When it comes to moving conferences, the circle of people who really know what's going on between a school and a conference is shockingly small. People may hear certain things through the grapevine, but that doesn't mean **** really. So I would take anything you read on twitter or whatnot with a large grain of salt.

I'm curious why everyone seems to have collectively agreed that UM will go to the Big 10 and that the SEC is not an option. I'm not so sure about that.

There are no real "insiders" when it comes to conference realignment. This isn't recruiting where you're dealing with dozens of coaches, family members, representatives etc, any of whom could spill the beans.

When it comes to moving conferences, the circle of people who really know what's going on between a school and a conference is shockingly small. People may hear certain things through the grapevine, but that doesn't mean **** really. So I would take anything you read on twitter or whatnot with a large grain of salt.
Okay.

(Miami is not going to the SEC)

Advertisement
Back