MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Nobody got time for this. We in the middle of a resurgence here. I will wait for the scroll or breaking News notification on my phone while i lift weights listening to Capone N Noreaga War Report.

Thanks

Last edited:
Advertisement
Got to believe there is a degree of gamesmanship taking place. All kinds of rumors for sure ... but ... some Clemson admin people prefer the SEC while others staunchly prefer the Big 10. The fan base lean might be SEC. Got to believe the "leaks" are simply to put pressure on the SEC to ensure that Clemson has that as an option. Otherwise as you say ... just announce a departure then at the appropriate time announce the alignment with the B10.
Why would you leak that you're making an announcement at some point in the next few weeks instead of just making the announcement? That doesn't make any sense. You also give the ACC plenty of time to formulate a response.

Again, unless there's a negotiated exit with the conference, I don't see how you avoid years of litigation.

Maybe it’s the 657 pages getting to me lol but I just don’t see a realistic scenario where we get left behind from one of the big 2. It may not be the next wave but too many guys in the know like @TheOriginalCane @Cribby @JayCane20 @Cane6 @Hurracanes etc have said it’ll happen and they haven’t been wrong yet.
I’ve said I think we’re left behind… at first.

We’ll eventually get out but we’re not going to be first, second, or third. Once the dominoes start falling, if Clemson and FSU go to the SEC it will happen faster for us.

IMO the landscape is going to completely change and Fox and ESPN will have decisions to make and it’ll probably impact the GOR and shifting things around in some sort of agreement. We’ll pay the ACC but not ESPN sort of thing.

Advertisement
I’ve said I think we’re left behind… at first.

We’ll eventually get out but we’re not going to be first, second, or third. Once the dominoes start falling, if Clemson and FSU go to the SEC it will happen faster for us.

IMO the landscape is going to completely change and Fox and ESPN will have decisions to make and it’ll probably impact the GOR and shifting things around in some sort of agreement. We’ll pay the ACC but not ESPN sort of thing.
In that case, I really hope that you're wrong. Because us making the jump years after our peer competitors have would be very very bad for us, particularly in recruiting. Not to mention, conferences may choose to sit on expansion for a while after the next wave. Does us no good if our competitors are in the P2 starting in 2025/2026 and we're not in till 2029/2030.

After all the improvements in the athletic department do you REALLY think that Rudy and Rad are going to be left out?
This is what I keep coming back to. We've invested way too much on athletics to just be passive about this. All the public signs point to Miami being satisfied with status quo

But all the other investments indicate more ambitious plans..plans that can't happen in the ACC long term.

Advertisement

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

Maybe it’s the 657 pages getting to me lol but I just don’t see a realistic scenario where we get left behind from one of the big 2. It may not be the next wave but too many guys in the know like @TheOriginalCane @Cribby @JayCane20 @Cane6 @Hurracanes etc have said it’ll happen and they haven’t been wrong yet.

Also, people need to consider the following...

Unlike the "old" expansion model ("let's go to places with big TV markets - New Jersey, Maryland, Missouri!), this time around is all about synergy.

The Pac 12 teams to the Big 10 makes sense BECAUSE OF 100 YEARS OF ROSE BOWLS. You already have some interest.

FSU-Clemson to the SEC would make sense, as you already have teams in those states.

And Miami (and other ACC teams) to the Big 10 makes sense because we could also help to elevate interest in Rutgers-Maryland.

Advertisement
If Clemson truly found a way out of the GOR and exposes that loophole.. things will happen really fast. There's probably 9 schools that want out. The others want to stay and keep the ACC alive.

5 of the 9 schools that want out probably don't have anywhere better to go just yet. So that's probably short sighted on their end.. but could help Miami if they stick to their guns and we can dissolve this thing. Avoid the GOR and the buyout that would be due to the ACC.

Advertisement
If Clemson truly found a way out of the GOR and exposes that loophole.. things will happen really fast. There's probably 9 schools that want out. The others want to stay and keep the ACC alive.

5 of the 9 schools that want out probably don't have anywhere better to go just yet. So that's probably short sighted on their end.. but could help Miami if they stick to their guns and we can dissolve this thing. Avoid the GOR and the buyout that would be due to the ACC.

I basically agree. And it's not a "true way out" if there is a transfer of rights from the ACC to the SEC, but as I pointed out before, EVEN THAT helps us. Because it makes the argument that ESPN doesn't want, need, or care about the "fifteen teams in the ACC as of 2016".

This "ironclad" GOR has been a pile of **** from the outset.

Advertisement
Back