MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Problem with UNC is that they come with NC State as a package deal... the lawmakers in NC aren't going to allow it in any other way
That HAS BEEN the conventional wisdom ... however with the new realities in realignment there might be a "break from tradition" due to the $$$ involved, the impact of the Media partners, and the fact that "seats at the table" might be limited.

Interesting. Rutgers isn’t in the B10 based upon record at all. Market. I would think Miami should sell the B10 the market in all that means for the other schools and the. eyeballs on TV screens when we are moderately good. Just seems like the B10 is a better sell. But just thinking.

Advertisement
Interesting. Rutgers isn’t in the B10 based upon record at all. Market. I would think Miami should sell the B10 the market in all that means for the other schools and the. eyeballs on TV screens when we are moderately good. Just seems like the B10 is a better sell. But just thinking.
TV value is not about regional market sizes anymore. But we should be very attractive to savvy TV execs.

The B10 has already admitted that that was a mistake ... they took Rutgers "based on proximity to a huge market" but now with the media partners involved ... the REALIZATION is that "viewer draw" is the critical metric. Nobody in that huge "Rutgers market" watches Rutgers / B10 football. Huge fail. The new "baseline metric" is the potential to draw a MINIMUM of 4 million viewers for games vs decent opponents. Miami drew 4.02 viewers for a 3:30 game against A&M. Prime time games between top 10-15 ranked programs will draw 6-8 million. UM fits the profile and just needs to keep winning.

The B10 has already admitted that that was a mistake

Source (anonymous social media personalities not included)?

Just curious since I haven't seen such a quote attributed to the Big Ten commissioner's office or even any of the other 13 schools

Advertisement
Back