MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement

I really like and respect Genetics, but this is where he goes wrong.

He is SUCH a Big 10 homer that he is blind to the fact that Clemson and F$U would prefer to be in the SEC. He just doesn't comprehend that. He is so invested in the Big 10 being a massive coast-to-coast behemoth that he can't realize why two schools whose IN-STATE RIVALS are in the SEC...would actually see the SEC as a co-equal choice, let alone superior, to the Big 10.

Ultimately, this is about who moves first. If the SEC takes Clemson, F$U, and UNC tomorrow, their SMARTEST Team #4 is Miami. NOT because Miami is sooooo wonderful and perfect and ideal, but because it would be a defensive move against the Big 10 which would largely shut them out of Florida.

And anyone putting UVa and Duke and others ahead of Miami FOR CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT CONSIDERATIONS is just selling you a bunch of hot air.

John Candy No GIF by Laff

They will get other ACC payouts from things other than media rights, yes? Bowl money, ncaa tourney money and that type of stuff?

I'd imagine that they get any post-season revenue that they earn. Just not any regular season TV money.

Advertisement
Do you still think we will be going to the Big 10 in 2026 or before?

Yes.

I'm beginning to think that Clemson/F$U may jump in 2025 and we jump in 2026 or 2027.

Which, of course, brings back my argument that we should FIRST challenge the EXTENSION of the GOR, not the original GOR.

Why did we give another 9 years? What NEW AND ADDITIONAL consideration was given for the extra 9 years?

Because if we can successfully challenge the consideration-free EXTENSION of time, then the ORIGINAL Grant of Rights will expire in 2027.

Advertisement

He is SUCH a Big 10 homer that he is blind to the fact that Clemson and F$U would prefer to be in the SEC. He just doesn't comprehend that. He is so invested in the Big 10 being a massive coast-to-coast behemoth that he can't realize why two schools whose IN-STATE RIVALS are in the SEC...would actually see the SEC as a co-equal choice, let alone superior, to the Big 10.

Ultimately, this is about who moves first. If the SEC takes Clemson, F$U, and UNC tomorrow, their SMARTEST Team #4 is Miami. NOT because Miami is sooooo wonderful and perfect and ideal, but because it would be a defensive move against the Big 10 which would largely shut them out of Florida.

And anyone putting UVa and Duke and others ahead of Miami FOR CONFERENCE REALIGNMENT CONSIDERATIONS is just selling you a bunch of hot air.

yup maybe you are correct. He seems a bit beffudled by Miami'a approach.
I am assuming he believes FSU and Clemson are locks for the Big 10

I mean can we not say the same thing about us and Miami? It’s clear that even if we’ve had conversations for a year, something or things have changed in recent months.

Advertisement
yup maybe you are correct. He seems a bit beffudled by Miami'a approach.
I am assuming he believes FSU and Clemson are locks for the Big 10

Yes.

AND THEY ARE NOT LOCKS FOR THE BIG 10. They would both rather go to the SEC.

Which is why I said that the ball is in the SEC's court now.

There are MORE schools that would "make sense" in the Big 10 (given that they want to be a coast-to-coast-to-coast super behemoth) than there are schools that would "make sense" in the SEC's Confederate States of America footprint.

Thus, if the SEC doesn't get busy expandin', they will get busy dyin' (yeah, they're never gonna die, I just wanted to quote Shawshank).

Advertisement
I mean can we not say the same thing about us and Miami? It’s clear that even if we’ve had conversations for a year, something or things have changed in recent months.

What has changed? What?

We originally wanted to move 2026. Still on-track if we want it.

We have wanted to go to the Big 10, and that's still the strongest likelihood.

I'm not sure what has changed. What, Washington and Oregon wanted to introduce the concept of reverse-eBay to the negotiation of conference payouts?

You and I have discussed this, but what I believe is the biggest ***** move of all (by at least 7 ACC teams) is the failure to file suit to challenge the GOR (or AT LEAST the extension of the GOR) prior to leaving the ACC. WE SHOULD BE DOING IT NOW, REGARDLESS OF ANYTHING ELSE.

There was no new consideration given for the non-essential and worthless extension of 9 years. That's just a legal reality. We were already under GOR for ELEVEN MORE YEARS at the time we agreed on the ACCN.

Those are the facts.

Question... does anyone have any real idea why we voted yes on this? I'm hoping there's a plan/rationale why this was determined the right play at this time.

And in case I'm not saying this loud enough...

FRENK SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED YEARS AGO, AND MIGHT JUST NEED TO BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY.

I've fought against porsters who said "but but but Beta Blake just built the IPF".

And I've fought against porsters who said "but but but Julio just gave power to Joe/Rudy and they fired Beta Blake and they hired Dan and Mario".

Yes. And Julio Frenk is still a terrible UM President who is not fit for the job.

But, the "look what he just did crowd" is always hanging around to claim that some guy just SAAAAAVED our program. Which is untrue.

I've said that Julio is poison for 6 or 7 years now, but some people are going to keep eating the poison because it has a sweet taste.

Right before we break the GOR contract, we need to break the Julio Frenk contract. Pay him his severance. Take the cap hit. Just get rid of this poison.

Advertisement
Back