MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Wasn’t counting ND

1-2 is Clemson and FSU. 3-4 is UNC/NCST since they are negotiating and acting as a pair. That could change since NCST flipped their vote on this topic.

5 could be Miami. But the Virginia schools have some interest and are acting as a pair to strengthening their leverage, maybe even bumping ahead of us depending on numbers.

Miami had Clemson as their +1 but Clemson is prepared to go SEC or B1G, whichever gives them the first opportunity and best situation. Miami either said no SEC or the SEC said no Miami so Clemson attached to FSU. Now they’re in the drivers seat. Could have been us in the 1-2.
Dan looking like a great hire

Advertisement
Like many others, I'm strongly in favor of Miami getting out of the ACC and against add the new teams.

This bit of info from online article that could provide wiggle room to get out of the Grant of Rights has me intrigued.

"The additions to the ACC also provide the conference wiggle room to potentially renegotiate its ironclad media rights contract with ESPN, which is set to expire in 2036, reports the Action Network's Brett McMurphy. The conference will be allowed to renegotiate its deal if the league shrinks to 15 members, which is possible in the wake of rumblings in the spring of seven schools exploring departures. Florida State has been the most vocal, and its board of trustees in July asked its university president to provide an exit strategy within 12 months."

Advertisement
These are some straight up poverty takes to the conference.

Cal's athletic department hasn't operated in the black since the 70s.

Advertisement
Dan looking like a great hire

He will masterfully negotiate the construction of 3 new parking garages and then ride off into the sunset.

Brandon De Wilde Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Misleading? Tampa Market is 12th and Miami 18th? Something missing here, like maybe Broward and Palm Beach?
I never said you were misleading, just pointing out that Miami is the 18th largest TV market. That’s good but hardly elite and something a conference must have. Lastly, Tampa and Miami are far apart and different areas. That’s like me saying Chicago and Detroit are basically one market. Anyway, we are on the same side here and want Miami out of the ACC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I'm not going back over 641 pages of this thread to understand everything involved. All I can say is that whoever approved obligating Miami through 2036 deserves to be blackballed from ever working again anywhere and shunned like Cersei in Game of Thrones. "Shame, shame, shame". We should be playing in the BiG not propping up a Tier 2 conference.

Advertisement
Back