MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
That’s what I’ve heard.

Oregon and Washington also threw a wrench in our outlook as well. We needed more time and the timing worked out for them to jump and they did.

No doubt I think it still happens before 2036 but I think it’s closer to 2030 than it happening today. 2027 sounds like the earliest possibility for us and that’s everything working in Miami’s favor

These are also outsiders to Miami and the ACC saying this. Their view and what they’re hearing from others.
So for the record, you're saying that Miami to the P2 is happening but we may not be in the first group that will escape from the ACC. Correct?

Advertisement
Sipping Tea Time GIF

1-5: *Notre Dame. UNC, FSU, Clemson, UVA
6-10: Duke, Miami, NC State, Va Tech
11-12: Louisville, Pitt
13-15: Cuse, BC, Wake
There’s no way that Duke is ahead of Miami. It’s all about football and/or markets. Duke would bring neither of those in this hierarchy .

Advertisement
Miami will end up in the Big10 as I doubt the SEC wants Miami AND the academics align much better in the Big10 for both parties.

Miami isn't going to get left behind for a number of reasons:
1. We are in a top TV market
2. Top recruiting location
3. History of winning in the 3 revenue sports
4. AAU membership
5. Medical research
6. Willing to spend to win in sports
7. Viewship when we are a top 25 team is really good. See 2017: https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2017-college-football-tv-ratings/

Yep

Miami could be Tarzan and yet the administration tiptoes around like Jane

Damndest thing I've ever seen

Miami will end up in the Big10 as I doubt the SEC wants Miami AND the academics align much better in the Big10 for both parties.

Miami isn't going to get left behind for a number of reasons:
1. We are in a top TV market
2. Top recruiting location
3. History of winning in the 3 revenue sports
4. AAU membership
5. Medical research
6. Willing to spend to win in sports
7. Viewship when we are a top 25 team is really good. See 2017: https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2017-college-football-tv-ratings/
We are in the 18th ranked TV market. It’s strong but not that strong.

We are in the 18th ranked TV market. It’s strong but not that strong.
It matters is my point. All of it adds up to Miami needing to land somewhere. FSU's market is bad BUT they likely have better viewership especially since they have been winning more consistently. If we hit 6-0, watch Miami's viewership in 2023 jump a ton.

Advertisement
There’s no way that you cause a head of Miami. It’s all about football and/or markets. Duke would bring neither of those in this hierarchy .

Had them listed on the same tier, so their "value" is similar imo

Miami brings more baggage than Duke if we're being honest.

Duke arguably is the No. 1 college basketball brand in the country -- something we were in football two decades ago but certainly not at this time

It matters is my point. All of it adds up to Miami needing to land somewhere. FSU's market is bad BUT they likely have better viewership especially since they have been winning more consistently. If we hit 6-0, watch Miami's viewership in 2023 jump a ton.
Yep. I dont want to over emphasize our week 2 game against A&M, but winning that keeps us nationally relevant for our games up through UNC/Clemson. Increases our viewership numbers. It can only help our case

I think the ACC is the second best conference. B1G is trash outside of OSU and Mich. SC will add tremendous value.

ACC is top to bottom a better league. The issue is the dollar amount. I think we'll find a way to stay competitive and work our way out of that disparity.

Advertisement
Who gives a crap about why FSU and Clemson does anything? We may have a common end goal, but it's not like Clemson and FSU are looking out for us. Who knows what back deals are being cut, maybe Miami has talked to the other schools and said "Listen, we are going to want out once the B1G expands, we'll give you our vote but it comes with a price". The dissolution thing was never happening, because there's no way you were going to get 12 votes. There aren't 12 schools with the ability to upgrade that would be willing to dissolve the conference. There's maybe 6 schools with a hope of getting into either the SEC or B1G. MAYBE.
8 schools were needed, not 12, to dissolve the conference. Now it's going to be 10. Who said Clemson and FSU would be looking out for us (by the way, UNC was a no as well)? My point was if there was "back door deals" made as you are hopeful about, why would there not be a unanimous vote?

Yep. I dont want to over emphasize our week 2 game against A&M, but winning that keeps us nationally relevant for our games up through UNC/Clemson. Increases our viewership numbers. It can only help our case
Heck, even at 5-1 we likely see a boost of viewership and attendance which is needed.

There’s no way that Duke is ahead of Miami. It’s all about football and/or markets. Duke would bring neither of those in this hierarchy .
I also can't see the Virginia schools ahead of us. I know it's not all about the perception of the program, but you'd have to think the commitment level both financially and on the field isn't nearly on par as what we've shown.

Media market ok...that's more Charlottesville than Blacksburg obviously, but Miami media market + surrounding Florida cities would be more tantalizing one would think.

Advertisement
Back